What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

so many supercoach changes for 2013

great_head

Juniors
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...changes-revealed/story-e6frexnr-1226555667330

SuperCoaches have spoken, we've listened.

Following extensive off-season research and feedback from the 125,490 people who fielded a team last year, NRL SuperCoach - launching Friday Jan 25 - has undergone the biggest overhaul in its six year history.

Our research identified three main complaints about SuperCoach. Here’s how we’ve addressed them:

* #1: Teams looking too similar:
Solution: We’ve tweaked the scoring system to reduce reliance on workers and increase the value of less predictable attacking players. We’ve also rebuilt our separate draft-style game, now totally free, which you can play alongside classic SuperCoach. Each NRL player in your draft league is available for selection once, meaning all teams are unique. So much for everyone owning Paul Gallen…

* #2: Late withdrawals
Solution: The introduction of rolling lockouts mean you will never be burned by a late team change again.

* #3: Annoying bye rounds
Solution: We’ve eliminated byes from the SuperCoach draw and given you more trades to handle this tough time of year.

New scoring system
We've tweaked the 2013 scoring system to offer more accuracy and balance across positions. This has been achieved by upping points for key attacking stats and the addition of new stats, namely tackle breaks and dropouts forced by kicker.

Tries: 17 (+2 from last year)
Try Assists: 12 (+2 from last year)
Goals: 4 (unchanged)
Missed Goals: -2 (unchanged)
Field Goals: 5 (unchanged)
Missed Field Goals: -1 (unchanged)
Tackles: 1 (unchanged)
Missed Tackles: -1 (unchanged)
Tackle Breaks: 2 (new stat)
Forced drop outs by kicker: 6 (new stat)
Offloads: 4 (unchanged)
Line Breaks: 10 (+2 from last year)
Line Break Assists: 8 (+2 from last year)
40/20: 10 (unchanged)
Hitups (all runs) over 8 metres: 2 (Stat tweak. All hitups scored 2 points last year)
Hitups (all runs) under 8 metres: 1 (Stat tweak. All hitups scored 2 points last year)
Penalties Conceded: -2 (unchanged)
Errors: -2 (unchanged)
Sin Bin/Send offs -8/-16: (unchanged)

Rolling lockouts
Our new staggered lockouts for every round mean you’ll never get caught out by late withdrawals. While in the past SuperCoaches had to set their team on Friday and hope for no team changes, you can now alter your team right through each round, up until the start of players’ actual games.

Say goodbye to byes
SuperCoach byes have been scrapped for 2013, meaning you can now play the season uninterrupted – even on rounds when as many as half the NRL teams are on the break. To assist with negotiating these tough weeks, trades have been upped from 30 to 40. Plus, you'll now be able to make up to four trades (increased from the usual two per week) to assist in rounds 12, 15, 18 and 19 - the big bye weeks in the NRL schedule.

Invite more friends
To accommodate the removal of SuperCoach byes, we've expanded head-to-head league sizes to 20 teams per league. You'll play uninterrupted from rounds four to 22, with a finals series to follow (top eight plays for the title, 9-16 plays for the minor title, with 17-20 eliminated). In addition to being able to play in up to five head-to-head leagues, you can now create or join up to three unlimited size Private Groups. Create or join your office or club competition where you can have an unlimited number of entrants to compete against, based on total score.

The all-new SuperCoach Draft game – FREE
Presenting SuperCoach Draft - the all-new draft-style competition built from the ground up, completely free to play. Each NRL player in your league is only available for selection once, meaning all teams are unique. Customise your SuperCoach draft league in any way you like - set your league size, competition start date and season length, squad size, draft type, trading rules including player waiver systems, set your gameplay options and much more.

Even more SuperCoach GOLD tweaks and features
We've tweaked and improved SuperCoach GOLD even further for greater accuracy in 2013 - plus all past scores, projections and data has been revised to reflect the new 2013 SuperCoach scoring system.

------------------------------------------

being able to customise the draft game is a big step up over dreamteam. and i like the unlimited league.
not sure about the new point system though, and not a fan at all of the increase in trades.

now im torn over which one to choose, dt or supercoach

some11

Referee
This is going to spice things up a bit, maybe now everyone wont have essentially the same team.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Looks pretty good. I didn't do SuperCoach last year, but will be this year. Looks to be further emulating the fantastic work done by Premier League and NFL fantasy comps.

hunters

Juniors
Well most of the changes are the same as DT anyway except for the scoring tweaks. Think they are both run by the same company anyway. So I'll probably go in both again with Tuesdays and Fridays at work being shot.

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
I think they've increased the trades as a way of varying teams, thinking that if you have more trades you're more likely to shuffle your team around.

What will probably happen is that everyone will still have the same 10-13 players, but it's the ones outside that who will be moved constantly.

great_head

Juniors
i really hope it is how the dreamteam extra byes are set out... so, u get 2 extra trades during the bye weeks, but if you don't use those trades, then you can't use them in later rounds, so you either use them or lose them when they are available during the bye rounds.

Edwahu

Bench
40 trades sucks. They say they listened about all the teams been the same, but it's just going to be worse with more trades.

The other changes look ok.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
The only problems I have are with the trades and the hitup scoring.

Scrapping the byes was good but 10 extra trades to compensate is just too excessive. Managing your trades was half the battle but now some of the challenge has been taken away.

Having hitups over 8 metres count for more is silly IMO. The metre counting system isn't accurate and there will be way too much conjecture. Should have just left it at 2 points.

Other than that I think that the focus on backs is going to be great. Halfbacks will finally be useful too.

I'm a big fan of rolling lockouts too. If only they had that in Rd 26 last season........I got rolled by a heap of late team changes that week and cost me my GF.

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
Other than that I think that the focus on backs is going to be great. Halfbacks will finally be useful too.

I'm looking forward to that too, the first few weeks will be mahyem.

Should be fun with the bigger leagues and it would be great to have a LU private unlimited group as well.

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
Yeah I was in one of the H2H comps, but the unlimited one would be good to get everyone in since it's just overall.

Latest posts