What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So where to from here ?

ozbash

Referee
Without doubt the worst performance in the last couple of years.
The cowboys were there offering us the game, they played that badly, but in the interest of TTR (trans tasman relations) the boys said no,we can play worse than you.

Where do they start ?
coaches- management-senior players- everyone ?

my view is the coaches and senior players need to take responsibility and either shape up or ship out.
the team is predictable
we have people who think they are suited to a position being 'trialed' in another- stace-hohaia-sione

time to stop getting rid of the lifeblood of the club (swann,campo,cleary,motu,ali,death,myles,) and buying up cheap aussie hacks at other clubs clearance sales. we are slowly but very surely eroding the quality of our team using the lame old salary cap exscuse.

time for the performance based payments to be re-introduced.

Skinner

Coach
So where to from here ? ....my initial thought is the nearest council tip :x

The season is basically gone now. Two from eight is not good enough to
put anyone in the race. Sure, they could plod on and win a few games but
they will just be making up the numbers.

Time for a long, hard look at what is really happening. Forget the whitewash
of "everything is rosy in the garden"...it ain't and it is painfully obvious that
it ain't. Whatever those issues are, need to be sorted out. I make no pretence
at knowing what those intra-club issues really are. I have no idea, but I do
know it is seriously impacting the on field performance. If further players,
managers, coaches, trainers, whoever, need to go, then so be it. The only
performance measure is winning and the goal is a premiership. Any impedement
to that needs to be removed.

The remainder of the season needs to be used for development. The Warriors
have scores of outstanding young players on their books. The vast majority of them will never, ever, play first grade for the Warriors. Let's get the cream of
the cream in and start blooding them. As ozbash says, there are better players
running around in Bartercard Cup than the guys that they have purchased from
overseas. Use them, ffs, use them.

Skinner

AliN

Live Update Team
Yes you have to wonder what's really going on behind the scenes.

Just hope that things are sorted quickly so we can get back to seeing the best from the Warriors, something we are a long way from atm..

Kipper

Juniors
I can't help but wonder which of Mick's minions will be made the scapegoat this week.

Donald Trump has suggested it be televised each Monday on Sport 365. :lol:

playdaball

Bench
Some may say that BC players can not do any worse but can some of these players offer anymore?

Anonymous

Juniors
Come back to me in 2 weeks time. If we can't knock off Souths and Manly then :?

Honestly though I think some of you are drama queens. IMO we would've won if we'd just dropped a few less balls. We defended pretty well (yes, the Cowboys weren't flash on attack), and while most of you were probably blinded by frustration, it looked to me like the boys actually were trying. A few dodgy calls didn't help, worst of all the phantom forward pass in the Martin break.

I don't know why you would call it the worst Warriors performance in recent years. To me it was pretty much the exact same lacklustre away performance the Warriors turn in every 5 or 6 weeks. In fact, I'd say we played worse in the corresponding fixture last year.

Rudolph

Juniors
Honestly though I think some of you are drama queens. IMO we would've won if we'd just dropped a few less balls. We defended pretty well (yes, the Cowboys weren't flash on attack), and while most of you were probably blinded by frustration, it looked to me like the boys actually were trying. A few dodgy calls didn't help, worst of all the phantom forward pass in the Martin break.

I don't know why you would call it the worst Warriors performance in recent years. To me it was pretty much the exact same lacklustre away performance the Warriors turn in every 5 or 6 weeks. In fact, I'd say we played worse in the corresponding fixture last year.

I'd have to agree with that this wasn't much different to any other week this year. We defended better didn't really drop as much ball. But imagine if we were player a top 4 team. How much would we have been beaten by?

We need to drop some of the hangers on Meli, Toopi, Anderson dare i say Jones if only its to gain their confidence back.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
11 wins from 16 games will get you in the finals.
Also competition points wise your 2 points out of the 8.
Mediocrity is no problem, when more than half the field gets a finals birth. ;-)
Angry Ozbash said:
Where do they start ?
Less panic, more patience in doing the little things right (kicking game, ball security) and a win next week. You do need to improve, and you can.
I love it when you go off Oz. :D

Grantwhy

Juniors
Rudolph said:

I'd have to agree with that this wasn't much different to any other week this year. We defended better didn't really drop as much ball. But imagine if we were player a top 4 team. How much would we have been beaten by?

We need to drop some of the hangers on Meli, Toopi, Anderson dare i say Jones if only its to gain their confidence back.

Every team that comes to NQ drops more ball than usual. It's probably something to do with night games and the higher humidity (about 70% last night).

The Cowboys have also really improved their defence this year. The Warriors didn't get much over the half-way all that often. If a team can't get to within 30-20 metres of the try line they usually don't go great.

Iafeta

Referee
Top 8 gone? This wreaks - this team should be in the grand final and win the grand final. At the start of the season we had an outstanding squad. Now a lot of them are so far out of form its hard to watch.

Neither of those sides on that form will make the 8. Which is particularly sad because both teams have the talent to not only get there but go a damn long way.

The Warriors must be considering writing to AMP to see if they claim off their Season 2004 policy because surely AMP would deem it a write off.

tHe_MaC

Juniors
Let's see how far a team of Bartercard Cup players would go in the NRL aye?

My guess is nowhere. The odd upset here and there, but you will never win an NRL Premiership with a team full of Bartercard Cup players.

Skinner

Coach
Thierry Henry said:
Come back to me in 2 weeks time. If we can't knock off Souths and Manly then :?

TH,

"Trying"...what the f**k were they trying to do. Never mind the ref's
calls. Every freakin team in the comp cops them and cops them sweet.
It's a part of the game, same as the weather and the ground conditions.

Never mind any other games, that rates down there at rock bottom,
ground zero, can't get any lower ffs. So if they can beat Manly and
Souths then they are on the way to the eight.....spare me son.

Drama queens....no bud...realists....it's frigging over for 2004.

Don't get me wrong, I love to see someone have faith in their team
but blind faith, in this case, is denial....

Skinner

ozbash

Referee
went and saw the wai coa bay stallions play a bunch of no-names last week at skinner park in rotovegas and they had a hooker there who played the best number 9 i,ve seen a kiwi play this year. not sure of the chaps name,, pakeha, bout 27-28 and big and played the whole game.

we have the talent in b/c. i dont suggest replacing the team with b/c players but why not give 1 or 2 a run.
manu vatuvei was sitting behind the bench last night getting "big match atmosphere"(whatever the f**k that means. )
if manu vatuvei could not have played a better half than meli,webb or hohaia,, i will give up completely.

last night stacey jones looked as though he had the weight of the world on his shoulders,,hohaia is pathetic on the 6th tackle kick,, i counted 4 breaks where stacey had to submit to a tackle after making a break..

if stace changes position, the team must change its gameplan/philosophy. they are wasting their time chopping and changing 1 or 2 players in the faint hope that it will alter the team dynamics. if the guy won the golden boot playing halfback,, for christs sake let him play half back..
find someone else to patch up a position left wanting by either piss poor player placement, lack of quality players or lack of a gameplan which is built around the quality of the players on the day...
not change the poor little bastard around in the hope of a miracle cure. it only makes it tougher mentally for stace.

keep it up and he'll walk.

Anonymous

Juniors
Never mind any other games, that rates down there at rock bottom,
ground zero, can't get any lower ffs. So if they can beat Manly and
Souths then they are on the way to the eight.....spare me son.

Drama queens....no bud...realists....it's frigging over for 2004.

Don't get me wrong, I love to see someone have faith in their team
but blind faith, in this case, is denial....

Skinner

ffs yourself Skinner. For starters, "ground zero"??? I'd say that came in the middle stages of last year when we were even worse than we are now. We got flogged by NQ then. Or perhaps the entire 1997, 98, 99 and 2000 seasons. Is that too far back for some people to remember?

No, I'm not saying that we'll be on the way to the 8 if we beat Souths and Manly. But it will show to me that we are still better than the spoon contenders. And if we're better than the spoon contenders, than we're not far from the play-offs in a comp where 8 teams from 15 go through.

No, I'm not in denial. ffs, some of you dead set sound like Murray Deaker. You're speaking in platitudes. I watched the game last night and what I saw was a poor performance with too much dropped ball. I hardly saw the end of the world, or the Warriors dream crashing around me. I saw the same players playing pretty much the same way that they always have.

I'm more than happy to debate the ins and outs of what actually happened on the field with people, but I can't stand too much more of the inane "oh we're gone, we're gone, we're sh*t" ranting from some people.

ozbash

Referee
I saw the same players playing pretty much the same way that they always have.
thats what i,m bitching about. how many games does the team have to lose before they try plan b ?

but I can't stand too much more of the inane "oh we're gone, we're gone, we're sh*t" ranting from some people.

sorry,, :D

we,re great.
we,re fanfreakingtastic
we are the greatest team in the universe !

man, i feel gooood :p
(and i just saw a pig flying past my window)

Tigertread

Juniors
ozbash said:
I saw the same players playing pretty much the same way that they always have.
thats what i,m bitching about. how many games does the team have to lose before they try plan b ?

but I can't stand too much more of the inane "oh we're gone, we're gone, we're sh*t" ranting from some people.

sorry,, :D

we,re great.
we,re fanfreakingtastic
we are the greatest team in the universe !

man, i feel gooood :p
(and i just saw a pig flying past my window)

flying_pig.gif

Auckland4ever

Juniors
That was actually a worse game to watch than the Warriors/Bulldogs matchup a few weeks ago.
I dont think the seasons gone yet, but the mountain to climb gets that much bigger with each loss.
I dont have a problem with bringing in a few BC players, but I'd tread carefully. With the team being as low as it is, and the pressure being well & truly on, the experience might be detrimental to their development . They need to be as mentally up to it as phsically. The Warriors should always be about developing young NZ talent, not stunting it.

Latest posts