What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So who replaces Dugan?

schnitzel

Juniors
Assuming he is gone.... fullback is wide open.

Milne is always an option.

But i would prefer we go into the market and buy an outstanding young player who can soften the blow of losing Josh.

Shannon Walker doesn't look like getting a shot at the Tits behind Presto and Zillman, and is an excitement machine.

Jharal Yow Yeh is another that could be outstanding at fullback.

Also hear good raps on young Brit Gareth Whiddop.

???

Im assuming he isnt going anywhere.

Walker is crap, he is not making the Titans team because of that reason.

Milne , maybe QLT

Fitzhenry. oops sorry

matt

Juniors
Milne,Vidot or Low if we keep it inhouse...He is good but very replaceable imo...everyone bangs on about how many tries he saves,how about we worry about fixing the problem of why the fullback has to save as many as he does,would we be not in this situation if we had a better attacking fullback and we were attacking the line rather than defending our own?

Remember kiddies Garry Jack never won a premiership.

Last edited:

Timbo

Staff member
Milne.

And if it comes out that he's gone, piss him off to Souths-Logan asap so Milne knows he's the man. Let Dugan waste time in the QLD Cup if he's left.

aussies1st

Staff member
Vidot was awesome from fullback when he was there in u20s so he can provide that x-factor. Will need to fix up his bomb catching skill as will Milne.

Macko8

Juniors
Milne definately

As soon as Dugan announces his going elsewhere,milne should come straight into the number 1 jersey and dugan can f**k off

parra pete

Referee
Dugan is signed until the end of 2011.
If Roosters have EVEN approached him, they are in breech of the anti-tampering laws.

shear_joy9

Coach
from the people I've talked to the dugan>roosters rumour is complete bollocks. It only come about after a few off-the-cuff comments from carney when he was down here about how josh should join him at syd city. As they do, rumours then snowball.

I'd be betting he stays.

mongoose

Coach
Another question is what do we do with the money that gets freed up if dugan chooses to leave - I would assume his next contract would be in the vicinty of $350,000 a year. If Dugan leaves then I would expect management and coach to be making some very astute purchases over the next 6 months i.e A DECENT HALFBACK!!

Talanexor

Juniors
Raiders fans keep saying that if anyone leaves, it'll free up money to buy a decent halfback.

I'd really like to know WHICH decent halfbacks are available on the open market? Most of the good ones clubs have bought young and developed - Thurston, Cronk, Pearce, Mullen, Hodkinson, Kris Keating, Moltzen.

Or they've been given another chance to play first grade, or move somewhere more desirable: Maloney, Seymour, Prince, Wallace, Finch, Walsh, Carney.

Nearly all of those guys have been locked up on long term deals by their clubs.

IMO the only guys you could seriously consider are Head and Liam Foran - and even then, the only lure you'd have is they would get a chance to play first grade.

schnitzel

Juniors
Why do you keep throwing up Head? he is captain coach of Dapto and can barely run because of buggered knees!

Perhaps we could look in your backyard at young Thompson or Morgan, one of these guys is gonna miss out since Thurston has signed long term :sarcasm:

Cryptic

Juniors
If Dugan gets injured? Milne, otherwise I can't see why we wouldn't keep Dugan there... He isn't going to sign for the Roosters... as their own fans say, they don't need fullbacks...

DRAGONZ_RULE

Coach
Why not, Cryptic?

1. Dugan
2. Minichiello (if he doesn't get shoved out) / Linnett / Kenny-Dowall
5. Perrett
6. Carney
7. Pearce
13. Anasta

Would immediately be a far more potent side. Anasta at 6 cruels their side. Which makes me happy.

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
Assuming Doogz is a done deal and Catnasta is moved on the rorters will line up,

1. Dugan
6. Carney
7. Pearce
9. Friend

With time will be the best spine since Mullins, Daley, Stuart, Boxhead.

edabomb

First Grade
Assuming Doogz is a done deal and Catnasta is moved on the rorters will line up,

1. Dugan
6. Carney
7. Pearce
9. Friend

With time will be the best spine since Mullins, Daley, Stuart, Boxhead.

I reckon Slater, Finch, Cronk, Smith is still a better spine. It would all depend on how Pearce and Carney combine in the halves, they both like to have their hands on the ball a lot.

As for who replaces Dugan, might as well wait till he signs with someone before talking about that. A lot can happen between now and then.