What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So with 8 rounds to go who are the pretenders/contenders?

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Manly will go up a level come finals. They always do.

I find it hard to go past the Roosters, but any given day and all that.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Manly will go up a level come finals. They always do.

I find it hard to go past the Roosters, but any given day and all that.

Jake Friend being out is a massive loss for the Roosters you can't replace him.

Manly have now lost Jamie Buhrer but I do agree they will go up another level.

Cowboys seem to be a dark horse at this stage and can beat Manly next week.

mxlegend99

Referee
Jake Friend being out is a massive loss for the Roosters you can't replace him.

Manly have now lost Jamie Buhrer but I do agree they will go up another level.

Cowboys seem to be a dark horse at this stage and can beat Manly next week.
What's a hooker or two matter? If you have the bulk of your team together, a few injuries are just an annoyance.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Hookers matter a lot especially when your back up ones are injured like the Roosters and Souths ones are at the moment.

Take Jake Friend, Issac Luke, Cam Smith and Matt Ballin out for example and these teams are weaker. These players are very hard to replace and critical to the way teams play.

Missing a forward or 2 can normally be replaced though.

mxlegend99

Referee
Hookers matter a lot especially when your back up ones are injured like the Roosters and Souths ones are at the moment.

Take Jake Friend, Issac Luke, Cam Smith and Matt Ballin out for example and these teams are weaker. These players are very hard to replace and critical to the way teams play.

I was taking the piss. Panthers were missing their first two hookers and nearly won. Throw in 4 injured players ahead of Will Smith for a spot in the halves, and people still think Panthers are shit losing to good teams near full strength.

Nobody cares who is missing. If you lose your shit and a pretender. Win and it's only because the other team was missing a player or two.

maple_69

Bench

Roosters hookers are out. Souths hookers are out. Penriths hookers are out. Manlys hookers are out. Cowboys barely have a hooker. All the big dogs have issues so they can all just deal with it.

woodyk2

First Grade
Jamie Buhrer is a MASSIVE loss for Manly. He has been Manlys best player al season and will be a massive hole to fill. Doggies are the pretenders.

Meth

Staff member
Any one of the top 5 teams are in it. Panthers are probably longest odds.

The rest are making up the numbers.

Yes losing Jake Friend is a blow. However, I think you will find Heath L'Estrange is fit to play this week.

Sleep

Juniors
Injuries are absolutely decimating teams at the moment. The Cowboys have timed their run perfectly. If they can stay injury free they might do some real damage.

The Roosters haven't looked that great all year. Manly have been great but have some injury concerns and shaky form. Souths have some injury worries and their form is a bit iffy. Penrith are being eaten alive by injuries. Cowboys as mentioned are in good form and fairly healthy. Dogs are an awful team. Complete bereft of any creativity in attack. Form has been nothing short of trash outside of one or two games the second half of the season. Melbourne have been struggling for form throughout the year and have been without Cronk. They don't look the threat they once were. Brisbane aren't scaring anyone. Parramatta are still a joke. Auckland can beat anyone on their day but they can also lose to the under six division three Mudgee Maulers with their ability to self destruct.

Jake Friend if he is gone is a huge, huge loss for the Roosters. I still think they'll be there in week three with Souths, Manly and someone else.