What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Soccer just pulled 110,000 in the USA

Nice Beaver

First Grade
http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/arti...r-united-defeats-real-madrid-book-final-berth

So why does Rugby League find it so hard to fill a stadium for a f**king final in Sydney?

EDIT: Actual crowd number is 109,318 for the pedantic merkins amongst us.

Completely different country. Completely different demographic. Completely different sport.

Do we have the price for tickets at that game? What was the population of the city? Were there multiple games at the stadium on the day? Looks like it to me.

Other than that not sure.

supercharger

Juniors

supercharger

Juniors
Completely different country. Completely different demographic. Completely different sport.

Do we have the price for tickets at that game? What was the population of the city? Were there multiple games at the stadium on the day? Looks like it to me.

Other than that not sure.

The game was played in Ann Arbor about 45 minuted from Detroit, the Other game was played in Philly

saint.nick

Coach
If ARU wants to sell out super rugby at ANZ they need to stop identifying with the North Shore elite.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
The game was played in Ann Arbor about 45 minuted from Detroit, the Other game was played in Philly

Ah OK.

Its soccer. People that watch hat shit will fill a staium everytime. Buggers me why but thats the reality.

Anyway, it was in the US so not really apples and apples.

ggmu

Juniors
TBF if Australia had a 110k stadium and had Man United vs Madrid in it, it would be sold out also. It's prob more a case of see them when u can as u don't know when they will be back in the country. Were as if u live close to ur fav NRL team u have at least 12 or 13 chances to see them live every year.

Big Sam

First Grade
TBF if Australia had a 110k stadium and had Man United vs Madrid in it, it would be sold out also. It's prob more a case of see them when u can as u don't know when they will be back in the country. Were as if u live close to ur fav NRL team u have at least 12 or 13 chances to see them live every year.

There is a rumour they may bring this ICC thing to Australia next year. Channel 9's live events subsidiary is pushing for it. Although I don't think the likes of Madrid would be too happy about playing on cow paddocks.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
When is the last time ManU played RM in the States ?

if ever

Once in a life time opportunity, no wonder so many people went

saint.nick

Coach
Why is it that England are so good at taking care of their football pitches and we're so shit? Playing on cow paddocks definitely isn't appealing

ggmu

Juniors
Why is it that England are so good at taking care of their football pitches and we're so shit? Playing on cow paddocks definitely isn't appealing

I assume money. When I was doing a tour of Old Trafford I seen how many people are there to just attend to the pitch. Was at least 20 guys there at that particular time and they looked like the didn't miss a blade of grass when attending to the pitch.

Haffa

Money is a huge factor, as is the weather. Advanced drainage and heating make it easy. They also replace the turf at most grounds every 2-3 years.

saint.nick

Coach
Bozza was talking about it once and he said there's a 'way to do it' that we don't use, making it sound like a secret technique.

whall15

Coach
Only playing on it every two weeks in the league probably helps (although with cups .etc it might go up to an average of closer to one a week) compared to for example at least one RL game a week at ANZ, plus some AFL, Cricket, Football.

Latest posts