What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold!

I really don't get the people who say I'm not voting for it because Wests will lose money on the Knights.

1. It's meant to be a non profit organisation and

2 it's not like you're a shareholder and get a dividend based on profit.

They already have $23m in profit which has to be spent somehow.

Jono078

Referee
I'm not getting excited about this until the member have voted yes to the take over.

I'm actually worried they don't get enough positive votes..

macavity

Referee
Considering some of the stuff I've read on social media, it honestly wouldn't surprise me if it got voted down my the members

My feed has been generally positive comments on NH stories, but the actual NH website comments are a bit more negative.

I would suggest 10,000 Knights fans will vote yes, 5,000 Knights haters will vote no out of spite, and 105,000 will just feed another note into the pokies.

PhilGould

Bench
I don't remember his exact words but on the radio this morning Phil Gardner (Wests CEO) said they were confident they would get a positive response from members. Crazier things have happened though. I'm not getting too excited, yet.

Burwood

Bench
Last time the fate of the club went to a vote, we got 94% and it still ended up being a massive failure.

Glendale

Juniors
The interview with Gardner on ABC radio filled me with so much confidence. He just talks straight sense.

slotmachine

First Grade
It really is a showdown between Knights supporters and that committed cadre of Knights haters in Newcastle. I am really concerned at how close it might be.

I think it's only going to be an issue if the lunatics get a committed "vote no" campaign happening.

Haven't seen anything of that nature yet.

Alex28

Coach
How so? The article is mostly quotes from the wests boss. No personal opinion from Dillon or anything.
It highlighted a number of times that the members can vote no and how they can do it.

It was hardly skewed towards stating that this was good for the club and rugby league for the region.

The Herald doesn't really get they need the Knights as well. Print media is dying. They need relevance. Being pro-Knights - particularly with Barry Toohey at their new local competition - can only help them.

Volcom6685

Juniors
It highlighted a number of times that the members can vote no and how they can do it.

It was hardly skewed towards stating that this was good for the club and rugby league for the region.

The Herald doesn't really get they need the Knights as well. Print media is dying. They need relevance. Being pro-Knights - particularly with Barry Toohey at their new local competition - can only help them.
I dislike Robert Dillion have done for a while . But you are really reaching with that.

Frederick

Staff member
My feed has been generally positive comments on NH stories, but the actual NH website comments are a bit more negative.

I would suggest 10,000 Knights fans will vote yes, 5,000 Knights haters will vote no out of spite, and 105,000 will just feed another note into the pokies.
Considering the feelings of general disdain and indifference towards the knights most people seem to have these days, I can see the vote going like this

1A8022A4-8873-48C0-A21C-D81F9DD8583D-3447-00000181D93E693F.jpeg

Spot On

Coach
Hahah, whts the bet they just put this to a vote to whip up a but more business??

Definitely. Smart operators.

Hopefully it will lead to a big increase in Knights memberships too. If Brown can get them winning next year the home crowds, although very good under the current circumstances, will hopefully increase as well with Wests memebership base possibly feeling a little more connected to the team.

Sky is the limit so to speak for Wests to really take it all to the next level. So many flow on effects if its all done right.

Burwood

Bench
Do Wests currently operate shuttle buses to and from the stadium on game day? Imagine the amount of extra business they'd do for pre-game lunch or post-game dinner etc.