What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some fans to boycott Knights game vs Dogs: NBN

JW

Coach
On Channel 9 in Newcastle (NBN) there was a report that fans would boycott the Knights home match against the Bulldogs on Mother's Day, citing it was inappropriate in light of recent events with the Canterbury club.

A season ticket holder was interviewed on why she will boycott the match.

It was also reported on how ticket sales for the match were poor, with nearly 7,000 tickets in the current capacity of about 21,000 still available.

I'm not a Knights or Dogs supporter so I really don't have much of an opinion on this - apart from the obvious that people are entitled to their opinion I spose, and I guess really the only thing it would be hurting is the Knights in the end (gate takings etc).

Thoughts? Or is this not even an issue do you think?

Cheers.

~knights~

Juniors
They are only hurting the home team the knights.

But if they believe they are doing the 'right thing' then so be it.

Rise Against

Pathetic

A pathetic attempt 2 hack at the bulldogs again
If u dont wanna watch the game, the dont, i dont see anyone forcing them 2!

Foz

Bench
What are they doing instead of watching the game?
No point in doing anything unless they can prove how many would of gone originally.

ibeme

First Grade
If they're prepared to punish themselves by depriving themselves of an entertaining game, and punish the Knights through gate takings, then they're free to do so.

If they actually want to make a difference, they should turn up in defiance of the attitude they're protesting against, to show that they will not let it take their game away.

I'd be interested to find out exactly what it is they're protesting about. If it's because they disagree with the DPP's findings, then perhaps they should march on his office and demand to see the evidence. If it's the attitudes of the players, as reported in the papers, then I think they're being a bit naive to think that the Knights are immuned to the same attitudes.

On the other hand, they're probably making a statement that they hope will rid the code of those attitudes, so good luck to them.

I wonder if they'll make the same statement against the Storm, whose players are still under investigation, or the Sharks, whose players were under investigation a couple of years ago.

antonius

Coach
Diehard said:
More like they have lost interest because there is no precious Joey :D
:shock: :shock: Try and be a bit original.
The best way to protest, if they must is to greet the Dogs with dead silence when they run onto the field, I'm sure that'd send a message, as said staying away from the game will only hurt the Knights. None of it will happen anyway, I'll be there,and so will the majority of fans that support the Knights because we'll be supporting our team(Joey or no Joey)

Moffo

Referee
Typical stupidity

We have NOT BEEN CHARGED WITH ANYTHING. There is no evidence that there has been wrong doing

FFS, talk about a brain drain, stupid twats. Stay away, couldn't care less, id be more concerned about your stupidity

ouwet

Bench
Moffo said:
Typical stupidity

We have NOT BEEN CHARGED WITH ANYTHING. There is no evidence that there has been wrong doing

FFS, talk about a brain drain, stupid twats. Stay away, couldn't care less, id be more concerned about your stupidity

Couldn't agree anymore Moffo...
Can someone do something about the huge signatures! It takes an eternity to load!!! bluesbreaker for example!!

Rexxy

Coach
Hey LF, we should have more Slowhand, not less.

Women's groups aren't making those claims. They are saying the attitude of the C*nterbury players towards women is what's wrong. Hard to disagree with that. And the whole nasty story has no doubt hurt league very badly, in the eyes of women, children and dare i say, men as well

0neye

I think all the massage parlours in Newcastle should go on strike :lol: :lol: :lol: ;-)

MadDogMason

Juniors
This is Bizarre...nothing wil work on the dogs the Knights fans can do wat they want cause nothing is gunna take them off there game...They r the best team under preasure and there used to all the crap they have been given they wil just look at where the dogs fanz r and smile... :D :mrgreen:

Shes on the lunatic fringe
The only thing that might work on the worlds greatest tag team is turning your back on them as they run out.
Ah hell...just play football

Moffo said:
Typical stupidity

Yeah, I feel really sorry for your club. Not being charged doesn't mean jack shit. Even your cocaine user wasn't charged, did he do nothing wrong?

Crowd troubles from the typical stupid Bulldog fans are keeping the crowd down for this weekend, not anything a handful of women are doing. Personally I'd prefer to stay home and not get stomped on for going to a footy match too, but I'll take my chances tomorrow.

ouwet

Bench
Danish Moo Cow said:
Moffo said:
Typical stupidity

Yeah, I feel really sorry for your club. Not being charged doesn't mean jack sh*t. Even your cocaine user wasn't charged, did he do nothing wrong?

Crowd troubles from the typical stupid Bulldog fans are keeping the crowd down for this weekend, not anything a handful of women are doing. Personally I'd prefer to stay home and not get stomped on for going to a footy match too, but I'll take my chances tomorrow.

Good for you :roll:

Moffo

Referee
no team is perfect DMC

I believe Robbie, Adam and other were on the drugs when they were playing at your club not so long ago

Regards

The General

Juniors
Danish Moo Cow said:

Do you honestly think a small handful of thugs are going to travel to Newcastle to cause trouble ? The Dogs fans going to Newcastle tomorrow will be die hard fans going to watch a great game of footy. And from the stories i've heard, some Newcastle fans arn't (edit) very friendly either.