What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some soul searching is need at Bondi Junction.

condochook

Juniors
As a Dragons supporter I'll wade in.
Because I have seen it all before.

Bottom line is that the Roosters are soft.
The Dragons were as well (for years).
Heaps of talented players, great supporters, good infrastructure.
But when the going got tough the Dragons just couldn't keep up.
I think the Roosters are in a similar boat.

Anasta is an embarassment and he is the captain.
Smith was right - he has to go.
A fish rots from the head down.
Carney is brilliant but drifts in and out of games (a bit like Hayne).
Nuuasala would be one of the most talented forwards in the game.
But he is rarely sighted.
I also loved Ryles when he was at the Dragons.
But I was glad when he left.
His time was up.

I don't actually know who the senior playing group is at Bondi.
And that's a bad thing.
Who are they?
Where are they?

There are some excellent players at the Roosters.
But you need to sign more guys like Kennedy, WHG and Friend.
Forget about the glamour and buy tough dudes who never give up.

Of course, it took Wayne Bennett to do that at the Dragons.
And there is only one Wayne Bennett.

Anyway, that's what I think.
Good side, just lacking leadership and commitment.
Flashy but fake (just like the Dragons were).

NAIL HEAD HIT -very very good summation,you maybe a dragons supporter,and I suppose all supporters are the very best critics of their coaches/players,BUT you have made a very very good summary of the ills at easts.:(:(:(

Monk

Referee

His time was up.

And that's a bad thing.
Who are they?
Where are they?

I agree with bits and pieces.

Nuuausala could be the best forward in the game, but he is lazy and can't hold onto the ball.

But yeh not a bad summation. Thanks for the response. It's always good to have actual valid inputs from other teams fans rather then just the trolling and back and forth shots which the majority give.

doggie_4_life

Juniors
The rooters need more than sould searching, after that loss to the faiders they need a genie, a rabbits foot and a hope and a prayer to make the 8. Im gonna laugh if they go from wooden spooners to grand finalists to spooners again, poor smity sucked in :lol:

inside_pass

Bench

His time was up.

And that's a bad thing.
Who are they?
Where are they?

I'm a Dragons supporter as well and totally agree with everything you said.It used to be so hard watching the Dragons play when we had all those "flashy" players and they always seemed to fall at the last hurdle.
The Roosters need some hard head players that show some mongrel such as Gallen ,Bird,Beau Scott,Crocker Travis Burns etc.
I'd have anyone of those players in my team knowing they would never take a step back and you'd know you're always a chance in every game.

The rooters need more than sould searching, after that loss to the faiders they need a genie, a rabbits foot and a hope and a prayer to make the 8. Im gonna laugh if they go from wooden spooners to grand finalists to spooners again, poor smity sucked in :lol:

Look at your own cum stain of a club, wtf are you on about.

Fair dinkum, taking crap from a piece of shit Doggies supporter when their team is just as bad is as low as it gets.

doggie_4_life

Juniors
Look at your own cum stain of a club, wtf are you on about.

Fair dinkum, taking crap from a piece of shit Doggies supporter when their team is just as bad is as low as it gets.

ohh, did i hit a nerve there tonearm? what's the matter can't handle that your team sucks ass and carney is a pathetic player (along with the rest of that sorry team, apart from pierce), my team might be struggling at the moment but at least we stilll can make the 8 we're on 18 points your down there nice and snug on 12, so put that in your pipe and smoke it buddy

gregstar

Referee
from memory, was brian smith trying to offload anastar at the beginning of this year?

if true, that pretty much sets up for a tense team environment.

furthermore, given the effect tod carney's dramas have had on his form this year, the atmosphere must be at rock bottom.

the real test will be if carney can overcome his dramas for a third time.

big effort required.

adamkungl

Immortal
ohh, did i hit a nerve there tonearm? what's the matter can't handle that your team sucks ass and carney is a pathetic player (along with the rest of that sorry team, apart from pierce), my team might be struggling at the moment but at least we stilll can make the 8 we're on 18 points your down there nice and snug on 12, so put that in your pipe and smoke it buddy

Your dud team is gonna end up the same as ours this year, f**king nowhere.

doggie_4_life

Juniors
Your dud team is gonna end up the same as ours this year, f**king nowhere.

well only time will tell man, im not saying were gonna come anywhere near the premiership but i have a feeling we will do ALOT better then you, but that's just one man's opinion

Why aren't you in your cell taking it up the arse from a big maori?

from memory, was brian smith trying to offload anastar at the beginning of this year?

if true, that pretty much sets up for a tense team environment.

furthermore, given the effect tod carney's dramas have had on his form this year, the atmosphere must be at rock bottom.

the real test will be if carney can overcome his dramas for a third time.

big effort required.

Braith whinged his way to another contract. He was on the way out and used his manager to let out a few whispers then all of a sudden the stories are about how we are a cruel club to do this to a nice man (cue his mother) and then don't even start on the f**king petition when about 32 people signed it, 14 joined the facebook fan page and all of a sudden it was made out that the entire supporter base - 97 - wanted him to stay, crap crap crap. It's nice that more and more fans are waking up to the fact he is an imposter though.

This is a Politis deal looking after his mate. He hadn't actually put pen to paper but apparently has recently.

All credit to Anasta's manager because christ he came through for his client.

Anasta is an evil man.

Difference is Anasta is still terrible despite being a senior player, he has no future in the halves and he's not going anywhere

999038-braith-anasta.jpg

Anasta thought he was being edged out the door. Although, in hindsight, Smith's move has provided the Roosters with three playmakers and spirited them into the decider. "I thought I could be out of here, though," he said. "Seriously. That's what was going through my head.
"I'd gone from being a playmaker in the halves of this club to hitting holes on the edge and getting the ball whenever it comes my way. I got home and I got nervous and it rattled me. I spoke to Brian and said, 'Mate, I'm worried about my future here. This isn't about now, it's about my future'."
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/n...rom-the-roosters/story-e6frfgbo-1225931991018

Heart of a true captain.

Last edited:
I never heard Fitzy complain about anything not even when he was told he would not be offered a contract. This is why I despie that fraudulant cap burglar we have now.

giggity giggity

Juniors
it's clear than Bananasta should have gone to england end 2009 and Fitzy should've been kept at lock until he chose to retire.

while your at it bring back morley ,fittler and wing :lol::lol:.

the reason your club is in this position and cant get out of it is that the players have no pride in their jumper(like fitzy did).
you reap what you sow guys,your club goes around picking the eyes out of every other clubs juniors ,pay overs for established stars from other clubs ,bring them all together and expect them to bleed for your club(much like the dogggiiieeesss of today).
to get that out of a player they need respect for the club and colours ,
something clearly lacking at your club.
the players attitude is "why fight our way out of this position?,im still gonna get payed regardless ,i have no history with this club so who cares where we are on the ladder i still get payed" your club made it's bed so they/you have to lay in it.

cue TT and his intellectual insults :sarcasm:

Latest posts