What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SOO: Interesting Riccio article

Frenzy.

Immortal
I don't care about the risk of injury or any other reasons to hate SOO. It does good things for players and teams.

Fact is if you are building for a premiership you need players in rep teams who can pick the brains and learn from the best which becomes an adjunct pathway to learning and development. You have to have confidence that your NMU system will compensate for losses.

The players also deserve to get the chance to play top flight rep football. It's a goal of probably most players.

DJDL

Bench
Who would you have appointed? Trent Robinson?

I think NSW will go close IF Maguire sticks to his words and selects the side on form and de-Pantherises the side. At least split Clearasil and Looeye up. That just doesn't work in SOO

He's apparently looking for "character over talent".
I don't think that means good blokes, I think it's more about guys willing to roll the sleeves up and rip in when the going gets tough.

Smart move, if that's what it is.
The Blues have historically picked "better" players with nary a second thought for whether they're willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done.

And if I hear any more about "picking combinations" I'll spew.
It's that level of thinking that's seen NSW win only 6 series in the last 20 years.

Stake Removed

First Grade
I am not a fan of SOO there is another benefit to it, you get players into squad example Hynes and Brailey both long term shark contracts, they start chatting to other players the positive club we have.
We use Gall this way to help recruit

Chimp

Bench
I reckon Mitch Barnett could be a bolter too - I said weeks ago that both him and Nathan Brown were playing really good footy (Brown is nowhere near Origin just for the record), but Barnett strikes me as a Madge type player.
He loves the tough stuff, is knocking out good performances and is also tough as teak - he’s got a bit of crazy in him, but he doesn’t seem to really overstep the mark that often. He’d be a top contender to partner Haas for me.

Frenzy.

Immortal
I reckon Mitch Barnett could be a bolter too - I said weeks ago that both him and Nathan Brown were playing really good footy (Brown is nowhere near Origin just for the record), but Barnett strikes me as a Madge type player.
He loves the tough stuff, is knocking out good performances and is also tough as teak - he’s got a bit of crazy in him, but he doesn’t seem to really overstep the mark that often. He’d be a top contender to partner Haas for me.
He's a snorkel I wanted the Sharks to chase. He's cut snake mad.

Pumpkin

Juniors
Who would you have appointed? Trent Robinson?

I think NSW will go close IF Maguire sticks to his words and selects the side on form and de-Pantherises the side. At least split Clearasil and Looeye up. That just doesn't work in SOO
Peter Sterling, Geoff Toovey, Brandy Alexander, Blocker Roach or someone living on the street in a third world country before Maguire. Did you not see how the Tigers performed under him?

Frenzy.

Immortal
Peter Sterling, Geoff Toovey, Brandy Alexander, Blocker Roach or someone living on the street in a third world country before Maguire. Did you not see how the Tigers performed under him?
Poor analogy. Did you see the Tigers perform Michael Potter, Jason Taylor, Andrew Webster, Ivan Cleary, Brett Kimmorley, Ben Gardiner and Tim Sheens?

The Tigers have been pharqued because they are the Tigers.

BTW every one of those crumbly old farts are far too removed from the contemporary game to manage coaching a SOO side. At least 3 of them are demented. Alexander? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Quigs

Immortal
Morons throw the ball around, the Blues use the bash and barge.

Will the match plans change this year, who knows.

Pumpkin

Juniors
Poor analogy. Did you see the Tigers perform Michael Potter, Jason Taylor, Andrew Webster, Ivan Cleary, Brett Kimmorley, Ben Gardiner and Tim Sheens?

The Tigers have been pharqued because they are the Tigers.

BTW every one of those crumbly old farts are far too removed from the contemporary game to manage coaching a SOO side. At least 3 of them are demented. Alexander? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
OK. Well. Benji Marshall has got them playing well.

I've been watching SOO almost since it's inception and NSW only ever win if they have far far far superior team and even then they sometimes lose. With Maguire at the helm it's over. I've got about as much respect for him as the ant I just stepped on.

Quigs

Immortal
OK. Well. Benji Marshall has got them playing well.

I've been watching SOO almost since it's inception and NSW only ever win if they have far far far superior team and even then they sometimes lose. With Maguire at the helm it's over. I've got about as much respect for him as the ant I just stepped on.
images

Latest posts