What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SOO questions

This should probably be in the international section, but why don't they still have a tri-series every year? There was talk of reviving it a year or so ago, wasn't there? It might go well since GB beat NZ (or was it a tie?) in their series last year.

Would it be better to have a 4 way series, with NSW, QLD, GB and NZ? Or does it make international RL look bad if a state team beats a national team?

salivor

First Grade
Steve we only had the tri series once and that was in 99. I think its scheduled for next year. The problem is if its held in Aus and NZ then Great Britain don't stand a chance. In 1999 GB were never in either of their games and got 40 points dumped on them by Australia. Then you saw last year how GB were beaten by 60 points in Australia. The drawn series with the Kiwis last year doesn't prove anything, it just showed what we already knew that GB can compete on their home soil but only on their home soil.

NSW and QLD playing the Kiwis and GB would probably mean more competitive footy but it just cheapens the international game. The Australian jersey has alot of tradition and history behind it, you can't just scrap it and think about the player who do still think its a great honor to represent their country.

salivor

First Grade
Yes I have changed my name, I know you don't agree but a bit of change is good every once in a while ;-) .