What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sophie Monk/Jamie Lyon on NOVA 96.9FM

ucantseeme

Juniors
This morning in Sydney I was listening to Merrick & Rosso's breakfast show on radio station NOVA 96.9FM. They had this "blonde vs brawn" brain strain segment between popstar Sophie Monk and Parra Eel Jamie Lyon.

They asked Sophie to name 5 NRL teams, the first thing out of her mouth was "i have no idea, can we change it to AFL" then somehow she managed to mumble out the names of 5 animals "tigers, dogs,..." and get the question correct , all the while saying she was only guessing, and had no idea.

This might not seem like a big deal given except for the fact that she grew up in SE Queensland and performed at the NRL grand final in 2002.

You'd figure even Billy Idol could come up with a few names.

I hope it doesn't sound like I am making a huge deal out of nothing but for some reason it just ticked me off when i heard it this morning. I used to think she was shagadelic but now I'm turned off a bit, but i guess that's what happens when a celebrity trivialises something you care about.

Kinda like when the Dixie Chicks said "No war with Iraq" and there was a backlash against them.

ouwet

Bench
ucantseeme said:
This morning in Sydney I was listening to Merrick & Rosso's breakfast show on radio station NOVA 96.9FM. They had this "blonde vs brawn" brain strain segment between popstar Sophie Monk and Parra Eel Jamie Lyon.

They asked Sophie to name 5 NRL teams, the first thing out of her mouth was "i have no idea, can we change it to AFL" then somehow she managed to mumble out the names of 5 animals "tigers, dogs,..." and get the question correct , all the while saying she was only guessing, and had no idea.

This might not seem like a big deal given except for the fact that she grew up in SE Queensland and performed at the NRL grand final in 2002.

You'd figure even Billy Idol could come up with a few names.

I hope it doesn't sound like I am making a huge deal out of nothing but for some reason it just ticked me off when i heard it this morning. I used to think she was shagadelic but now I'm turned off a bit, but i guess that's what happens when a celebrity trivialises something you care about.

Kinda like when the Dixie Chicks said "No war with Iraq" and there was a backlash against them.

Shes a dumb blonde!

DIEHARD

----
What an insult. She grew up in South East QLD and can't name 5 NRL teams. But then she had to say "Can we change to AFL?"

What a sell out! :x

ak47

Juniors
what about when Christina Aguilera was told she was to meet tiger woods.

her reply - "tiger, u mean the tennis player"

and jessica simpson last week

her BF says - "u'll never make it to the LPGA"

her reply - "the what.....what is that"

Meth

Staff member
I don't know if the LPGA is common knowledge amongst women

Southernsaint

Staff member
Scuba Steve said:
I don't know if the LPGA is common knowledge amongst women

It ain't even that well known amongst men.

Golf is a good walk ruined, played by WASPs called Chuck Hambly the third...

Cheers,
Ben S.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
How hard is it not to name at least two NRL teams.

I mean she couldve at least said Roosters, Warriors she performed at the Grand Final. :roll:

Kaz

junior
PARRA_FAN said:
I mean she couldve at least said Roosters, Warriors she performed at the Grand Final. :roll:

Did you classify that as a performance. :roll:

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Kaz said:
PARRA_FAN said:

Did you classify that as a performance. :roll:

Actually what am I saying?? that was poor, Billy Idol's power failure was better.

ucantseeme

Juniors
i'm worried she'll get a guest spot on 110% Tony Squires, maybe to be groomed as a replacement for you know who. :(

Simo

First Grade
I wouldnt worry about it as AFL isnt ever going to take over League they will always exist with each other. They are 2 different games with very little in comon, and can easily appeal to sports fans.

Had she said Union, well then its a different story because as Unions profile lifts so does the money and the ability for them to take our players as weve seen in recent years.

I used to think AFL was a threat to league but now i know its more of a sporting companion as it is a different game and the casual supporter will support both, but when one team is going well they will support them more in there time of glory. Its no problem.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
ucantseeme said:
I used to think she was shagadelic but now I'm turned off a bit,
IMO your looking at this all the wrong way. She is hot, she is a bottle blonde, and she's dumb. That is my definition of shagadelic, put a brain in there, and she she may want to talk afterwards - that is realm of convicted husbands. [-X

Canterbury

Juniors
you know what was golden?

on channel v this lady was talking to this two girls on an island by the beach and she said to the two girls.. the convo went like this:

Channel V Host: SOOO What do you think about sophie monk coming to the island
Girls: (laughing)
Channel V Host: whats so funny girls?
Girls: Well it's been spread around the island that no one gives a shit about sophie monk coming =/
Channel V Host: oh don't say that sophies alright
Girls: nah we'll have more important things to do tonight.

.. shes not even famous really ..

Cupid Stunt

She's hot? FFS I must be thinking of a different Sophie Monk. I thought it was about the former Poptart. Because if it was her, even as beggar, I'd choose to drive alone... :lol:

Agent Mulder

Bench
Who cares about Sophine Bloody Monk...Not even a one hit wonder from all those dumbass reality shows that should be canned beacause they are so dumb.