What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

South Perth off to Coffs Harbour

Kilmo(SP)

Juniors
In a pre, preseason match, South Perth is taking a 1st Grade squad over to Coffs Harbour to play an exhibition match against the Orara Valley Axemen in what is hoped to be an ongoing set of trial matches for both sides prior to season kick off....

Game is next Saturday 1st March.....should be a good one...and a good trip ;)

Nuke

Staff member
And here we are, the rest of us, thinking a game in Kalgoorlie once a season is a long distance away ..!

Nuke

Staff member
Haha! I will take your word for that. You sound like you know what you're talking about ..!

Kilmo(SP)

Juniors
It's a long trip and the team is only over there for a short time (3 days) but it's something different and certainly a step up if it can become a regular thing that interstate teams travel here, or we travel there to improve the standing of how we are perceived to be progressing for a national team.

If we can show that even the local league is prepared to go and showcase the strengths and weaknesses we have, then surely it would go a long way to progressing the Reds and a future National team bid

Perth Red

Post Whore
Good luck Sth's. I hope you come back with a win. Enjoy the trip but remember you are ambassodors for WA RL!

Alehana

Juniors
In a pre, preseason match, South Perth is taking a 1st Grade squad over to Coffs Harbour to play an exhibition match against the Orara Valley Axemen in what is hoped to be an ongoing set of trial matches for both sides prior to season kick off....

Game is next Saturday 1st March.....should be a good one...and a good trip ;)

thats awesome!

best of luck Kilmo, tell us how it went when u get back

Nuke

Staff member
I haven't, but if I'd thought about it last night, I should've asked the South Perth player that was getting fish'n'chips at my local fish'n'chip shop. I didn't realise he was there until he was collecting his food and walking out of the shop (he was wearing a South Perth training singlet -which is nothing on our ones, J_G!- and WARL shorts).

Kilmo(SP)

Juniors
Well lads....I'm back....and although tired and a little seedy from drinking....

We won.... 38 - 10

Tries to Steve Gheradi (3), Jack Greenwood (1), Clint Fraser (1) and a couple of others.....

The game was played in really hot and humid conditions, Souths defence was tight, allowing the Axemen to only score in the last few minutes of each half.

Russell Crowe came down for a gander as he lives only a short way away from the ground (and used to be a stalwart of the Axemen) but it was a good game....

Hats off to the boys from the West, who raised all their own cash to get there and gave the boys from the East something to think about before their upcoming season.

Looks like we are gonna have a good one this year.

joondalup_giant

Staff member
wow great result for you guys! glad it was a great trip! having Gheradi back with u guys full time is good for you.

Should be a good comp this year!

Kilmo(SP)

Juniors
I dont think Gherads is back for good.....Even he wasn't sure about what he wanted to do....but yeah....he played well.....he is strong as f**k when it came to busting over the line.

Nuke

Staff member
Is Rusty Crowe not still involved with the Axemen? I hadn't really heard anything either way for a few years now, but that means I hadn't heard he stopped being involved. I suppose when he took on the role at South Sydney, he wouldn't've had a lot of time for a 'park footy' team (which compared to the NRL, the Axemen are).

Perth Red

Post Whore
Great result, well done lads.

I thought Gheradi had headed over East to play? I hope he signs up for the Reds if he is staying in perth, we would def be stronger with him in the side.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Sth Perth should write and article for the West. I'm sure they'd put it in, especially given the Crowe angle. We get virtually nothing about teh WARL in the West. Do clubs/WARL ever send them news stories?

b0rt

Juniors
Great result, well done lads.

I thought Gheradi had headed over East to play? I hope he signs up for the Reds if he is staying in perth, we would def be stronger with him in the side.
no he hasnt, but he wont be playing with the reds

Latest posts