What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Souths move game to Gosford

bazza

Immortal
I see South's are moving their round 10 game against the Cowboys to the Central Coast (http://www.souths.com.au/fanzone/viewnewsarticle.asp?ArticleID=677)

This is a good opportunity for the Central Coast to show how much they support a team and press their claims for the 16th team in the NRL.

Still - I don't think they will get much over 10,000 if they can even get that many - so what excuses will they bring out this time

1. We only support our OWN team
2. Souths are crap
3. Cowboys are crap
4. Game clashed with Terrigal pinball championship
5. Singo told us not to go

Paullyboy

Coach
If they dont get a big crowd, they dont deserve a team. How hard is it to go to one game of football at your own stadium once a year?

Clevo

Juniors
They'll go... there was a pretty good turnout for a trial game earlier this year.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Souths did this last year & got a pretty good turn-out, if I recall.

The crowd will be decent this season too. There are Souths fans everywhere...

Cheers,
Ben S.

Special K

Coach
The game would be lucky to get 10 thousand at the SFS so I can't see how moving the game out of souths area will get 8 thousand more people :?

Anonymous

Juniors
I think when they play City/Country there it'll be a better gauge of who supports league on the CC, as opposed to two lower rung teams.

ouwet

Bench
Hulkamanic 36 said:
The game would be lucky to get 10 thousand at the SFS so I can't see how moving the game out of souths area will get 8 thousand more people :?

If Souths continue too play the footy there playing and win the games, they'll get huge crowds!!
If SOuths win there next two games and Canterbury do too, they'll get over 25 thousand for there rd 7 clash at the SFS.

Choppies

Coach
I think there is a saying when Souths do well League goes well

I cant remember where I heard it tho

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Lebanese Forces said:
If Souths continue too play the footy there playing and win the games, they'll get huge crowds!!
If SOuths win there next two games and Canterbury do too, they'll get over 25 thousand for there rd 7 clash at the SFS.

Substantially less considering last visit to SFS. Souths fans will no doubt be scared because of last weeks twits..

Kaz

junior
choppies said:

Wasn't it from Souths. :lol:

bazza

Immortal
choppies said:

Only people who look through the world with green and red glasses like George Piggins say that

Moving this game has the potential to be a huge win for everyone, or a major step back for the CC.

Souths are taking a punt by moving it, but it is a good move IMO. As long as they keep competitive like they are doing right now, it will be a good draw.

The CC people need to support it though as well. If they blow a raspberry at it and don't show, they are only affecting themsleves in the long run.

The NRL needs to promote it up there also...a poor crowd will play into the ARU and AFL hands to a degree. The game needs a good turn out

This game would get atleast 15,000 on the Gold Coast.

If the Central Coast dont get that number turining up they shouldnt get a team.

ash the bash

Juniors
Well said Timbo,
They should not move down full time, but once a season they should play a game against say Manly and really promote it and i reckon souths could get about 13k to 14k,
its worth it, but not moving there full time
-too close to SFS
-No parking.......

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
If we dont get that much for this match, there will definately be a bigger crowd for the City V Country match next month.

pepstar87 said:
If we dont get that much for this match, there will definately be a bigger crowd for the City V Country match next month.

City vs Country is a bloody rep game! You cant use that as an example of the turnout for club matches.

Infact the C vs C game should be played in Gosford. It should be taken to the real country where they would love to have ANY Rugby League played....