What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Souths Trivia

Dave Q

Coach

A meeting of the Souths LU Buddy Gordon Serious Supporter Sub-branch has determined that they will put up the Platinum Piggins Trophy for the next Trivia event, which will be held....well immediately.

Good luck class

"Red and Green Forever." series 1.

1. When did the rabbitohs start wearing the white rabbit on their jerseys? What did the original logo look like?

2. Who is the current head of the burrow?

3. What other clubs has Shane Richardson worked at?

4. Name five of Souths current sponsers?

5. How many games did we win in 2006?

6. How many games did we win in 2007?

7. Bozo Fulton is particuarly impressed with one current Souths staff member. Who and why?

8. How old is Buddy Gorden? Name 3 exciting facets of his game.

9. Who is Mark Ellison? What teams did he play for?

10 True or false.....

a) Tricky Trindall was one of the bravest players ever to pull on the red and green jersey?

b) Ben Ross was very kind to Souths in 2005? Why/why not (bonus points).

c) High profile rabbitoh supporter Mark Caroll was a Souths junior?

d) George Piggins is a life member of Souths?

e) Wayne Bennett said that he "felt for" us Souths fans when we were illegally punted?

f) Souths.com.au shut down during our expulsion and was resurrcted afterwards?

g) Souths once played in maroon and tangerine for an exhibition match?

h) The black rabbit partly symbolises Souths recognition of aboriginal people?

i) When we re-admitted, an idea was floated that we wear a patch of colours indicating our recognition of clubs who were no longer playing at the elite level (norths etc)?

j) Beau Champion has been in the leading group of trainers over the off-season?

Good luck class.
The Platinum Piggins Trophy is at stake.
Your time starts..........now!

Dave Q said:
A meeting of the Souths LU Buddy Gordon Serious Supporter Sub-branch has determined that they will put up the Platinum Piggins Trophy for the next Trivia event, which will be held....well immediately.

Good luck class

"Red and Green Forever." series 1.

1. When did the rabbitohs start wearing the white rabbit on their jerseys? What did the original logo look like? 1959

2. Who is the current head of the burrow? Ian "Rads" Spruce

3. What other clubs has Shane Richardson worked at? Easts Tigers (Brisbane),Cronulla and Penrith.

4. Name five of Souths current sponsers? V.I.P,KLG,100 Pipers,Smith Crisps,Duty Free

5. How many games did we win in 2006? 3

6. How many games did we win in 2007? 12

7. Bozo Fulton is particuarly impressed with one current Souths staff member. Who and why? Jason Taylor

8. How old is Buddy Gorden? Name 3 exciting facets of his game. 22, he can play in anywhere in backline,as well as the backrow,goalkicker

9. Who is Mark Ellison? What teams did he play for? Souths,Cronulls and St George.

10 True or false.....

a) Tricky Trindall was one of the bravest players ever to pull on the red and green jersey?True.

b) Ben Ross was very kind to Souths in 2005? Why/why not (bonus points).True,Beacuse ne never signed with us,and we saved money.

c) High profile rabbitoh supporter Mark Caroll was a Souths junior?False

d) George Piggins is a life member of Souths?fALSE

e) Wayne Bennett said that he "felt for" us Souths fans when we were illegally punted? True (hard to believe though,inlight of his news limited stance)

f) Souths.com.au shut down during our expulsion and was resurrcted afterwards? TRUE

g) Souths once played in maroon and tangerine for an exhibition match?True

h) The black rabbit partly symbolises Souths recognition of aboriginal people? True

i) When we re-admitted, an idea was floated that we wear a patch of colours indicating our recognition of clubs who were no longer playing at the elite level (norths etc)?False,I think the idea at the time was to have a logo saying "Never Say Die"

j) Beau Champion has been in the leading group of trainers over the off-season? True

Good luck class.
The Platinum Piggins Trophy is at stake.
Your time starts..........now!

Dave Q

Coach
Score.

1. correct
2.correct
3.correct
4. incorrect, "current" sponsers Newk
5. correct
6. correct
7.correct
8.correct
9.correct
10. T or F

(a) True & correct Incredibly tough little half/fullback.
(b) False & incorrect He dissed us badly. He's crap now anyway.
(c) False& correct Panther junior
(d) True & correct
(e)True & correct. Good explanation too
(f) False & incorrect. We soldiered on.
(g)False & incorrect. That was a try-on by me. I made it up!
(h) True & correct. The only club to honour aboriginal people in this meaningful way.
(i) False & incorrect. It was an idea at the time.
(j)True and correct.

Score: 12 /19 a good score.

Not quite platinum piggins. One answer off.

You'll get there Newk!

Dave Q said:
Score.

1. correct
2.correct
3.correct
4. incorrect, "current" sponsers Newk
5. correct
6. correct
7.correct
8.correct
9.correct
10. T or F

(a) True & correct Incredibly tough little half/fullback.
(b) False & incorrect He dissed us badly. He's crap now anyway.
(c) False& correct Panther junior
(d) True & correct
(e)True & correct. Good explanation too
(f) False & incorrect. We soldiered on.
(g)False & incorrect. That was a try-on by me. I made it up!
(h) True & correct. The only club to honour aboriginal people in this meaningful way.
(i) False & incorrect. It was an idea at the time.
(j)True and correct.

Score: 12 /19 a good score.

Not quite platinum piggins. One answer off.

You'll get there Newk!

Dave,I thought for one moment there until I get 100%,you were going to send me to the
bowels of 265 Chalmers St.

dangardave

Juniors
G'day fellow Bunnies! I've just joined this forum and for my first post will indulge in my favourite pastime of Souths trivia:

(1) In scenes probably never to be repeated, which former Souths international was chaired from the field by the OPPOSITION supporters after a Kangaroos match?
(2) What prompted these actions?
(3) Which year did this happen?
(4) Against which English club side were Australia playing?

Dave Q

Coach
G'day fellow Bunnies! I've just joined this forum and for my first post will indulge in my favourite pastime of Souths trivia:

(1) In scenes probably never to be repeated, which former Souths international was chaired from the field by the OPPOSITION supporters after a Kangaroos match?
(2) What prompted these actions?
(3) Which year did this happen?
(4) Against which English club side were Australia playing?

No idea.

Welcome to Souths LU,the forum of the free.

May your time with us be happy and enriching.

Nice start too!

dangardave

Juniors
No idea.

Welcome to Souths LU,the forum of the free.

May your time with us be happy and enriching.

Nice start too!

Thanks Dave- I feel warm and fuzzy already.........
Now back to the trivia- I'll give you a little hint:
It was during the 1921-22 Kangaroo tour.

Cheers, Dave

dangardave

Juniors
In scenes never to be repeated, legendary winger Cec Blinkhorn was chaired from the field by the English supporters after scoring an incredible 9 tries for Australia during their 92-7 demolition of club side Bramley on the 1921-22 Kangaroo tour.

Dave Q

Coach
In scenes never to be repeated, legendary winger Cec Blinkhorn was chaired from the field by the English supporters after scoring an incredible 9 tries for Australia during their 92-7 demolition of club side Bramley on the 1921-22 Kangaroo tour.

The days of good sportsmenship.

Thank you dd.

Another please.

dangardave

Juniors
Which Souths player won a boxing style trophy belt for being Australia's best player of 1914, which is on display at the Powerhouse Museum?

dangardave

Juniors
No he was a fullback whose nicknames icluded "Silver Belt" and "The Rock of Gibraltor" He played with Horder in 1915-16 at the end of his career.

dangardave

Juniors
3 weeks and nobody has a stab at this one.............time for a history lesson fellow bunnies:

Howard Hallet was Souths' first champion fullback, 40 years before the Little Master."Silver Belt" played First Grade from 1909 until 1924 and became the Test fullback on the 1911-12 Kangaroo tour. Very safe under the high ball, the "Rock of Gibraltar" was also known as the"Human Bag" because Souths supporters would yell "In the bag!" when the opposition kicked to him.
The ARL presented him with a boxing-style silver trophy belt for being Australia's best all-round rugby league player of 1914.This is on display at the Powerhouse Museum, along with 5 of his Test caps. Here's a photo of the trophy belt: http://www.powerhousemuseum.com/collection/database/?irn=110284&search=belt&images=&c=&s=

Dave Q

Coach
3 weeks and nobody has a stab at this one.............time for a history lesson fellow bunnies:

Howard Hallet was Souths' first champion fullback, 40 years before the Little Master."Silver Belt" played First Grade from 1909 until 1924 and became the Test fullback on the 1911-12 Kangaroo tour. Very safe under the high ball, the "Rock of Gibraltar" was also known as the"Human Bag" because Souths supporters would yell "In the bag!" when the opposition kicked to him.
The ARL presented him with a boxing-style silver trophy belt for being Australia's best all-round rugby league player of 1914.This is on display at the Powerhouse Museum, along with 5 of his Test caps. Here's a photo of the trophy belt: http://www.powerhousemuseum.com/collection/database/?irn=110284&search=belt&images=&c=&s=

Cheers

Satsok

Juniors
NAME THAT PLAYER

Souths recruited this young aboriginal player from the roosters a few years back..

during his first game he did his knee and was never seen again..

who was he?