What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Soward's pass to Nighty

thommo4pm

Coach
Nothing short of sensational.
Heading towards the sideline while running at pace, throws it back inside after only a quick glance to see where Nighty was and disects 4 Tigers players.
It was unbelievable.

If that was Marshall, the amount of replays and commentary we would be putting up with for the next 5-10 years would be massive.

That was a lovely piece of play.

Minh

First Grade
It was a beauty surrounded by 4 Tigers too. What about Nighty's splits catch one foot on the sideline for the penalty on the kick off too.

Bazzi

First Grade
Soward's lead up work to Nighty's try was incredible, we really don't get credited for a lot of the great plays we pull off.

What about Nighty's splits catch one foot on the sideline for the penalty on the kick off too.

Loved it, Nightingale was our best on the field once again, a team of 17 Nightingale's is what I dream of, all awkwardly running all over the field!

Minh

First Grade
Soward's lead up work to Nighty's try was incredible, we really don't get credited for a lot of the great plays we pull off.

Loved it, Nightingale was our best on the field once again, a team of 17 Nightingale's is what I dream of, all awkwardly running all over the field!

He bamboozles them with awkwardness.

redvwhite

Juniors
Totally agree guys. Nightingale is our MVP at the moment. Hardly ever does anything wrong and puts up his hand for a lot of the forwards work throughout an entire match. How good is he going under the high ball!

That bit of work from Soward was excellent and he outplayed his opposite number in the game if you ask me.

thommo4pm

Coach
Totally agree guys. Nightingale is our MVP at the moment. Hardly ever does anything wrong and puts up his hand for a lot of the forwards work throughout an entire match. How good is he going under the high ball!

That bit of work from Soward was excellent and he outplayed his opposite number in the game if you ask me.

Without doubt.
They directed alot of traffic at him, and he made a lot of crucial tackles.
Soward had a pretty good game last night.

Bring back choc

Juniors
It's so frustrating... the more i look at it the more we bloody let that game slip. The tigers are not that good IMO. If we get another chance, IF, i really hope we just get back to the BORING and grinding style. I have no doubt we would have won the game if we just built pressure.

At 14-12 when we were attacking their line, when coopers pass on went over the sideline... that summed it up. If we just held the ball and forced a repeat set, that would have been all we needed for a victory. We would have scored.

redvwhite

Juniors
It's so frustrating... the more i look at it the more we bloody let that game slip. The tigers are not that good IMO. If we get another chance, IF, i really hope we just get back to the BORING and grinding style. I have no doubt we would have won the game if we just built pressure.

At 14-12 when we were attacking their line, when coopers pass on went over the sideline... that summed it up. If we just held the ball and forced a repeat set, that would have been all we needed for a victory. We would have scored.

Would have could have should have...

I think the Tigers are good and they were very, very good in the second half. Both teams were always going to create strong attacking options and scoring chances and they forced us into some poor errors. I don't think we showed them the respect. Yes, you are right, we should have held the ball and given ourselves a real chance against quality opposition.

The Tigers pack is strong and with Lawrence and Payten to return, I'd say they are deserved favourites with perhaps the Storm who continue to impress me.

TheRev

First Grade
Tigers were not that good, we literally didnt turn up in the 2nd half. Im more worried about the Broncos next week, they were white-hot tonight, fast, hard, aggressive, pin-point.

cliffordg

Juniors
Nothing short of sensational.
Heading towards the sideline while running at pace, throws it back inside after only a quick glance to see where Nighty was and disects 4 Tigers players.
It was unbelievable.

If that was Marshall, the amount of replays and commentary we would be putting up with for the next 5-10 years would be massive.

That was a lovely piece of play.

i said the exact same thing last night when it happened. if marshall had of done that work that jamie did he would be getting praised and praised of how good he is and every show would have it as there highlight this week and commentators last night woulda carried on bout it and replayed it 20 times.

cliffordg

Juniors
yeh broncs were on song tonight but doesnt mean they will be next week. finals footy any team on there day can beat any other. just depends who shows up next week. hopefully we do for the full 80

Minh

First Grade
I reckon we will be more dangerous this time around with the second chance, we have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

redvwhite

Juniors
I reckon we will be more dangerous this time around with the second chance, we have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Mate, I really, really hope so. I just can't get my head around these second half capitulations. I mean, I think I could give an account of each game but as trademark occurrence of the later part of our season, I don't why. It's not been a phenomena exclusively of the Dragons either, with most other finals teams guilty of first or second half mindset issues.