What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spill Bill! - Volume 1

Bubbles

Juniors
I was watching NRL Scoreboard last night and little Des' hissy fit was being discussed (sorry, but someone needs to tell this guy that if he wants credibility, the Farrah Fawcett 80's flick really needs to go!), and it led to Laurie talking about what Bill does for us and that he would really be interested in finding out.

Could we, should we, would we? Do you think that this would assist the whingers and whiners like Dessie and Co.?

It is no other clubs business what Bill does at the Roosters. But Ricky Stuart has said that Bill referees there training drills and tackling drills as he would in a game and points out where they would concede a penalty in the game if what they were doing in training carried over to a match.

Paul McBlane, Kelvin Jeffes they're all retired refs available to use if clubs wish to approach em.

Hey Bubbles glad to see you found us Sweet !!

I'm of the understanding that Bill is at the training sessions as SR explained. I also read a report on the net that Des Hasler rang Ricky and they sorted out Des's comments, so that was good to hear as well.

m0j0

Bench
Penelope Pittstop said:
Hey Bubbles glad to see you found us Sweet !!

I'm of the understanding that Bill is at the training sessions as SR explained. I also read a report on the net that Des Hasler rang Ricky and they sorted out Des's comments, so that was good to hear as well.

Forgive my ignorance, but what were Des' comments?

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,9035702-23214,00.html

Hasler courtesy call averts feud
By Dean Ritchie
March 22, 2004

AN 11am telephone call yesterday averted what could have been the first ugly coaching feud of 2004.

Sydney Roosters coach Ricky Stuart was cranky at comments his Manly counterpart Des Hasler made after Saturday night's match at Brookvale.

Hasler let it be known that the Roosters' discipline had suddenly become "perfect" following the appointment of former leading referee Bill Harrigan as a consultant this year.

And Hasler also questioned how the Roosters could get off their defensive line so quickly during the 42-20 victory over Manly.

"I need to hire a recently retired referee to coach us on the rules because the Roosters have suddenly become perfect," Hasler said after the match. "How the Roosters get out of the box so quickly and into the opposition's face, I need to find out and find out quickly."

In the Roosters' winning dressing room, Stuart said Hasler's comments were those of a "sour" coach.

"Des has been telling everyone how fit his side is. Maybe they should be fitter," Stuart said.

But Hasler rang Stuart's mobile phone yesterday to "clear the air".

Both coaches were last night reluctant to reveal exactly what was said during the conversation but Hasler told The Daily Telegraph: "I rang Ricky this morning to explain my comments.

"It's all forgotten. I'm fine, Ricky's fine.

"The comment I made about the Roosters' defence was a backhanded wrap more than anything else."

Although initially upset with Hasler's comments, Stuart said the phone call had eased any potential tension.

"I don't want to devulge what was said in the phone call," Stuart said last night. "It was a phone call Des made and I appreciated it. I'll leave it at that but the air has been cleared and it's now business as usual."

Asked was he surprised by Hasler's original comments, Stuart said: "Very."

Manly were yesterday viewing video of the match and could fire in an official protest to the NRL over the refereeing performance of Steve Clark.

The Sea Eagles claim Clark penalised them out of the game early in Saturday night's match.

The official crowd at Brookvale was 18,674 but Manly officials claim that police had to open the gates when 5000 fans were stranded outside after kickoff.

"It was a great atmosphere," Stuart said. "I thought it was fantastic seeing kids on the oval 45 minutes after fulltime kicking footies around."

The Roosters have however sustained a couple more key injuries with prop Jason Cayless to miss up to four matches with a knee problem while centre Ryan Cross has an ankle injury.

The Daily Telegraph

:D

cq

Juniors
Gus spilled the beans on the Sunday Footy Show. Harrigan referees all our ballwork sessions and blows the whistle on anyone who would have given a penalty away in a game. It's pretty simple really, the conspiracy theorists should take a chill pill.

ozzie

Bench
and to think he was available to all clubs - we just got him first...geez sour grapes - did it taste like vinegar Dessy???

Jimmy

Juniors
I think Des is in for a long season if he responds like this to a game loss. His team was soundly beaten and should concentrate on training them to obey the rules. When Menzies complained to the ref about the lopsided count, he was advised to instruct his players to stop infringing. The Manly captain has been around long enough to know that the count does not have to be even. Hopoate needs a word in his ear.

Chook

First Grade
Oh no, we come up with a way of improving our players' training drills and attention to detail and we are ridiculed for it? OH MY GOD THE SHOCK!!! :roll: :roll:

Ricky leads while the rest of the NRL coaches bleat after him like sheep. :lol: :lol:

Chook.

Latest posts