What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spoiler: Anyone thinking......

strider

Post Whore
Can I add that St George is a f**king forward factory .... year after year they develop tough solid forwards who never let the team down .... they have provided half the NRL with their forward leaders in recent times

how do they do it? .... its not wayne bennett - its been going on for years - it must start well before NRL level ..... someone go and f**king spy on them, figure it out and come back and tell our staff wtf to do

eel01s

Bench
Some strategic planning, strategic recruitment..... hell even a strategic move on the field would show something.

My main point is, we have had a host of coaches in the past few seasons but we have the same core group of players. Somewhere we have to move on some players and reorganise that core.

At this point in time I'd really only be looking seriously at keeping Mannah, Moimoi, Allgood, Hayne, Burt and with Keating already re-signed in the mix. It would be a hard decision, and likely an unpopular one, but I'd seriously look at asking the likes of Hindmarsh and Smith to look overseas.

They need to start fresh with a roster and put up with the pain of building and moulding.

I'm not focusing on one player or two...... they aren't competing across the park be it backs, halves or forwards.

We have made everyone else accountable - coaches, board, office staff, gear stewards and the list goes on. The club now must focus on the playing roster..... and quite possibly the senior members of it.

I agree, some TOUGH decisions need to be made. We need a total clean out. I am very keen to see what SK does with the squad for next year.

This squad is crying out for quality halves, a gun second rower and centre. Maybe we should get Adam Blair some third party sponsors and give him what he wants. We surely have the cash for him, Sandow and Hopoate???

forward pass

Coach
Unfortunately I agree with Jayjay.

Mannah is solid and a likable lad but the wraps he is getting are ridiculous. He has no mongrel on him, does not hit real hard and doesn't have an offload which makes him just a good solid prop forward - that is all.

He deserves to be in first grade but only just imo.

But - we have much much bigger problems than mannah.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Can I add that St George is a f**king forward factory .... year after year they develop tough solid forwards who never let the team down .... they have provided half the NRL with their forward leaders in recent times

how do they do it? .... its not wayne bennett - its been going on for years - it must start well before NRL level ..... someone go and f**king spy on them, figure it out and come back and tell our staff wtf to do

Funnily enough they all come from the Illawarra region. Can't remember St.George producing a forward.

forward pass

Coach
Except for some luck (cowboys, titans), we would be well & truly last on the table. Even the Warriors game it was edge of the seat stuff at the end of the game.

Absolutely. We have been gifted two matches due to the inability of our opposition to catch high balls - Warriors ( Fisialla ?) and Cowboys (Ash Graham). And two of our wins have happened in the final minutes of the match.

I reckon we have about 5 more wins in us - max.

bartman

Immortal
Burt has actually played well at fullback the past two weeks. Leave him there and move Hayne to 5'8th.
x2

Get rid of Robson completely and use Mitchell there and MK when he comes back in a couple of weeks. Even can give Morts a run as starting number 9.
I'd get rid of Morts before/as well as Robson. I'd think heavily about putting Maguire at 7, have Keating at 9 when he comes back, with Mitchell/Robson at 14. Morts at Wenty to develop and learn how to dominate and run a team before he sees first grade again.

strider

Post Whore
Unfortunately I agree with Jayjay.

Mannah is solid and a likable lad but the wraps he is getting are ridiculous. He has no mongrel on him, does not hit real hard and doesn't have an offload which makes him just a good solid prop forward - that is all.

He deserves to be in first grade but only just imo.

But - we have much much bigger problems than mannah.

i diagreewith mannah - he's the perfect type of forward partner for fui .... mannah makes good metres and gets a quick play the ball - if fui can then make the next run it can tear the opposition apart

and mannah does have the ability to offload - i think atm our forwards are being made to NOT even try .... part of our amazing new structure that is achieving so much

timmy is good

bartman

Immortal
Hayne needs a rocket, there is no way I would keep an underperforming kid with a god complex on his money. It'll be an unpopular decision but he soaks up so much of our cap, if he's going to be playing like a busted then a business decision will need to be made. He has to show that he deserves that money and that he deserves to be seen as our go to man, and since 2009 he hasn't been. Inu was pilloried and no one wanted him to stay...well Hayne has been nearly as disappointing.
I hear you Baz.

Jarryd wasn't there today, but anyone thinking he's a saviour or has been our best player week to week must have been watching different games to me over the past year or so.

It's time they put Jarryd in the #6 jersey again imo, and for him to show consistently and with the ball in hand why he's so good - if it fails, then shop him around.

Delboy

First Grade
The right hand side of the defence was awful, neither Reddy or Etu can read anything , and they sent more attacks down that side than the less experienced left, tells us something.Umm will they be here next year.

Atkins did Ok, worth his spot, the halves are very, very ordinary, no direction from the 7 who is absolutely out of his depth, Morts is only effective when the side dominates or I guess woth a dominant 7, and add a hooker

Forwards go Ok, but Lassolo goes missing too much, and what does Billy "mr invisible" Rogers provide, must be good on the team bus

Horo was pretty good today, but we need a strike 2nd row, a rep centre and winger, and someone, anyone to play at 7.

We did well to keep a very good side to 30, that is quite depressing.

heard SK on the ABC, basically told the truth that there is no one to replace the numpties, isn't that underwhelming

True EEL

Bench
reddys attemp to tackle cooper that led to his try was pathetic

mate with Etu defending outside him 10-20 m behind the play and moving back further, i'm surprised Reddy wasn't involved in more leaked tries....Etu was just not first grade standard today, particularly in defence

i think you and others are being overly harsh on reddy, i actually he did well in a beaten side

Suitman

Post Whore
Absolutely. We have been gifted two matches due to the inability of our opposition to catch high balls - Warriors ( Fisialla ?) and Cowboys (Ash Graham). And two of our wins have happened in the final minutes of the match.

I reckon we have about 5 more wins in us - max.

Can you tell me which one's they'll be so I don't waste my money on the others? :cool:

Suity

Suitman

Post Whore
mate with Etu defending outside him 10-20 m behind the play and moving back further, i'm surprised Reddy wasn't involved in more leaked tries....Etu was just not first grade standard today, particularly in defence

i think you and others are being overly harsh on reddy, i actually he did well in a beaten side

I don't think they are. They're being realistic.

Suity

True EEL

Bench
You still banging on about that....moving Hayne to 6 today would've made no difference to Parra scoring points....

well hang on then....what would have made a difference to us scoring points today?! what is ur alternative then hmm?

and IMHO if Hayne was playing 5/8 and was leading our attack, we would have certainly scored points today and we will continue to score points - and not be about the only team in the league to be held scoreless at least 4 times during the past 2 seasons in the modern game where points flow...

Bazal

Post Whore
The right hand side of the defence was awful, neither Reddy or Etu can read anything , and they sent more attacks down that side than the less experienced left, tells us something.Umm will they be here next year.

Atkins did Ok, worth his spot, the halves are very, very ordinary, no direction from the 7 who is absolutely out of his depth, Morts is only effective when the side dominates or I guess woth a dominant 7, and add a hooker

Forwards go Ok, but Lassolo goes missing too much, and what does Billy "mr invisible" Rogers provide, must be good on the team bus

Horo was pretty good today, but we need a strike 2nd row, a rep centre and winger, and someone, anyone to play at 7.

We did well to keep a very good side to 30, that is quite depressing.

heard SK on the ABC, basically told the truth that there is no one to replace the numpties, isn't that underwhelming

I think Horo can be a strike back rower. He hits a good hole, he can break the line on his own, and he has some good ball skills. The problem is that the damned halves couldn't put him through a hole if he was already through it!

True EEL

Bench
I don't think they are. They're being realistic.

Suity

look, without trying to start up any further animosity here, dare i say it, i still disagree. Reddy did ok and i am being realsitc. Did you watch the game, did you observe Etu standing 10-20 m behind Reddy and backpedaling??

that stagger si what created half of the opportunities down that side and created the space and the tries and his turnstile effort on (i think) Cooper's try not long before halftime was just something to watch....it was auwful....i've had some patience with Etu, but he's just not quality 1st grade standard IMHO and i strongly believe it was his weaknesses that made Joel appear to be worse than he was....Reddy made several last ditch tackles and was unlucky not to score on a couple of occasions if he had received better and early ball from his halves :(

condochook

Juniors
piss kearney off for a start
why the f**k has every other underperforming coach feels the heat.
why doesnt no clue kearney get away with it.
could it be,hadley is on his side
sterling is on his side
warren certainly on his side.
i know-smithy is under really great pressure-but hadley doesnt like smithy,does he

the_one

Juniors
If Mortimer had a decent halfback inside him he wouldn't look so bad. Thus far Robson hasn't been sighted in organising the attack & kicking game. Those aren't Mortimers strong points.

Hornby be would look as bad if he didn;t have Soward

lol so Motimers not strong in attack or kicking. What else does a 5/8th do

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You been on the drink again? Sorry mate mortimer is garbage!! missed several tackles resulting in try's today on the same side as loko. Its just a turn style for teams to run down...

Mortimer good? ohhh dear me! :lol:

I reckon you should drink less when you watch the footy because you've got no f**king idea...

Mortimer
Tackles 21
Missed 1

Here's your boy Robson:

Robson
Tackles 30
Missed 3

And here's the Origin hopeful:

Soward
Tackles 8
Missed 4

Source: http://livescores.smh.com.au/matches/nrl/match6785.html