What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spoiler: Dragons vs. Sea Eagles.

Anonymous

Juniors
Shark said:
Willow - Why remove the name of a League official?
Because he isn't here to defend your interpretation of what you thought you heard.
Sorry to disappont but trying to qualify it with more hearsay doesn't change anything. Cheers.

SaintArsenal

Juniors
I was just wondering if 'Shark' could tell me what the official ground capacity for Toyota park is?

Because I'm pretty sure that more than 11,000 could have fit in to watch your team have a crack at the semis.

With Kimmorley back, good weather, saturday night and a very big chance of a cracker game I think I'd be worrying about your own crowds ticker!!!

Jimbo

Immortal
SaintArsenal said:
I was just wondering if 'Shark' could tell me what the official ground capacity for Toyota park is?

It's at least 5,000 more than that cesspit you clowns call a home ground.

It's got lights too...

You'd think with the pitiful 4 home games that the Dragons get at that dump that they'd stick it out to the end regardless of the score.

Jimbo

Immortal
Well you'd think so. I guess they're just a lot more used to that "oh no, not again" feeling than we are, so it's difficult for us to understand

Shark

Bench
Willow said:
Shark said:
Willow - Why remove the name of a League official?
Because he isn't here to defend your interpretation of what you thought you heard.
Sorry to disappont but trying to qualify it with more hearsay doesn't change anything. Cheers.

Well, that will bloody well do me.

What I THOUGHT I heard? Mate, there were two people having a conversation, I was one of them and your club CEO of the day was the other. There was another person present, who had attended the game with me.

But hell, don't just take my word for it, get on the phone to Mark Coyne. Ask him about the spray he copped as he walked off.

"Why don't you just f*&^ing retire, Coyne?"

Verbatim, that is what was screamed at him by a St George Illawarra 'fan' as he walked from the field. I was less than 6 feet away at the time. Aforementioned CEO shielded Coyne and told him not to worry about it. It was then that I commented how wild the crowd had become, to which said CEO replied "Mate, they are always like this when we lose."

Seriously, ask Coyne if he remembers it. He turned to this bloke, eyeballed him, and then was guided away by officials. Lucky for the 'fan', because I thought Coyne was gonna snot him.

But, since this is all 'heresay' according to Willow, I'd love to hear from anyone else who was there that day!

Shark

Bench
Oops, thanks for pointing that out SS.

Maybe be need to speak in CODES rather than NAME any League identities.

Anonymous

Juniors
Shark,
You can be defensive if you like but I do think I'm being polite enough about it.
It seems you're misunderstanding the purpose of this message board.
It has nothing to do with whether I take your word for it and even less to do with me phoning up to check your story. That's just being silly.
I don't know you and I don't care about hearsay on these forums. It's very simple.

I hear things too but don't publish them. The reason? Because imo it's just irresponsible to do so. It's also against the rules.
Things said in confidence are for those in immediate earshot should remain that way. They can be taken out of context and the person who said it might be pissed off if they saw their name being dropped on a message board for a 1000 people to read.
I know peoople do get annoyed by this sort of behaviour because they are not backward in getting on the phone or email to bring it to our attention.
So now I nip it in the bud.

Occasionally, someone like yourself will take it personally. But in reality, you're only being reminded that this isn't the right place to say name names.

And in doing so, I'm asking you to adhere to the forum guidelines which we all have to abide by.

Now... I made a call and you have to accept it. If you can't accept it, then we're at odds and you can be pissed off for days. I'll just move onto the next post that steps over the mark and take the time to explain all this yet again with someone who thinks they know better than the site owners. Sooner or later, people get the gist of it all.
Perhaps that explains things a little better for you.

Shark

Bench
Yeah, some friends of mine (same ones who 'hosted' me for the Sharks game back in July) were on the hill, they stuck it out 'till the end. They weren't real impressed with the walkouts either.