What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

*SPOILER* WRESTLEMANIA 21

Mr Saab

Referee
i was not impressed by this mainia.
I have seen them all, and this doesnt rank in the top 5.
Piper DID say WWF, so what...the wildlife fund can get $@%#^&.

Azkatro

First Grade
Did Benoit seperate his shoulder in that match before he climbed up the ladder and hit Kane off? I was cringing at that. He was in some serious pain up there. He is a hero. Am I dreaming it? There was nothing about it on Prowrestling.com and none of you have mentioned it. I'm quite sure he messed up his shoulder in that match and soldiered on in excruciating pain.

Azkatro

First Grade
Charlie Saab said:
azkatro

its called "selling" an injury.
I believe he is fine.

Mate I know that injuries get sold at times. I really don't think Goldberg could do a jackhammer if he really had a broken ankle.

What I'm suggesting is that I think Benoit's shoulder was *genuinely* screwed. You could tell by looking at it. I'm sure Benoit wouldn't have popped his own shoulder out of joint just to sell an injury. I might be wrong but that's how it looked to me. And I know Benoit's fake pain - it just seemed very strongly to me that he was in genuine pain.

If he has a match on Raw this week, and this weekend in Australia, then I'll agree it was only minor or just a work. But I'll certainly be interested to see how he pulled up.

In reports I've read he had to be helped from the ring after the match along with Shelton, but Shelton is in a match in Raw so I guess he's okay.

bribiewarrigal

Juniors
Cena vs JBL worst match iv ever scene. How the hell can you win by hitting 1 move. JBL beat him up for the whole match then one fu and the win. Gay. Ohh anybody else see akebono's balls

Eelectrica

Referee
This was the first wrestlemania I've seen 'live' since WM 4 and for the most part I enjoyed it.
The JBL - Cena match though really undid all the good work that had been done up to that point. I don't know who was repsonsible for that joke of a match, but to be honest I thought it was a slap in the face to HBK, Angle, the participants of the ladder and all the other guys who busted themselves throughout the evening trying to put on a great show. If that's how JBL is going to defend the title when he's scheduled to lose then he probably doesn't deserve another run with it.

Recently I purchased WM 19 and 20 very cheaply at JB hifi and I thought they were both better than WM21.

Ari Gold

Bench
Kane HAS to go to smackdown and feud Big Show, both men need a bitter rivalry and it doesnt get any better than Big Show vs Kane...

my thoughts...

Randy Orton, Legend Killer or Gimmick Killed?
I dont think this has hurt the legend killer gimmick, in fact if the wwe does this right i reckon that the loss to undertaker will move the legend killer thing along. hear me out, the legend killer thing was a bit stale and orton is having surgery so it was right for him to lose and as well undertaker gets to keep his streak alive, ready for someone more deserving to defeat him at wm, anyway back to the point since randy will be out for a while he can come back at say summer slam where he will again challenge the undertaker (who will be billed as the legend who cant be killed) stating that he hasnt given up trying to defeat the legend and at summerslam he wins, which would make him look that much better.

Kurt Angle....and the rest follow
Angle is by far the best wrestler in the world today. He is a class above the rest. hes been doing it for such a short amount of time yet he is awesome at everything to do with wrestling and should be pushed as champ.

WWE title match had the passion of a raw filler match
Ive never been so uninterested at seeing the world title change hands as i was after John Cenas win. its like they asked them to hurry up coz they wanna have more time for batista v hhh. when jbl was pinned i didnt even think it was 3 i was like "oh its over, wow". the SD title has lost a hell of a lot of creditbility in my eyes.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Some interesting thoughts there, PWA. I agree with you about the title match. I was with a bunch of Cena fans, and even they were a bit shocked that it was one of the night's shortest matches.

You've got a good point about Orton, but I've heard Undertaker is retiring later this year. Wouldn't that make WM21 his last? His streak really does need to go before he does.

ahh hes retiring hey? yeah i dont think orton has done enuff to deserve to end the streak. hes done nothing but recieve a huge push by wwe.

thuganomics

Coach
I have just seen a tape of Wrestlemania 21, and it was a great spectacle.

Eddie vs Rey, Money in the Bank and the main event were all great matches.
And the Shawn Michaels vs Kurt Angle was a dead set classic. My dreams came true when i watched this match...and it was exactley what i expected it to be.
Angle = WWE TITLE HUNT

lockyno1

Post Whore
Angle = WWE TITLE HUNT

Well it is better than Cena holding it! I knew Cena was rushed, I would have left the strap on JBL until Summerlam and then have a triple threat match for the WWE Championship JBL vs Cena vs Angle with Cena winning! I don't know how a bloke who was champion for 10 months has to lose in a match like that! That is the worst WWE title match in recent years by a country mile!

thuganomics

Coach
Maybe cause JBL was in it....

He has only had one intersting match as WWE champ....about time he lost it.
Cena was rushed as well, and it seems he can only work well with people who make him look good. (Angle and Guerrero etc)

No doubt people where tired of JBL with the gold. His promos were excellent his matches were boring. Cena right now is following the same path, thats why im hoping angle could get the belt.