What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sponsorship on players bats.

Robster

Bench
noticed a couple of sponsorships on McMillans and flemings bat yesterday, Macca had a McDonalds logo on his bat and as for Fleming he had something but couldn't quite see what it was.

choc_soldier

Coach
Yeah, it's been something that has been around for a few years now. Adam Gilchrist has one (with Travelex I think), and Michael Bevan was using it last year to advertise a new book of his. But there are size restrictions... it can't be too big.

I think the primary purpose of it is so that it can be seen on stump cam.

But McMillian with a Maccas logo? :? Well, I now have officially heard everything... wouldn't that be a better deal suited to someone like Inzaman? :lol:

Another one that comes to mind is Michael Clarke... he uses the space to put on the Australian flag. What a patriotic young man he is!

:clap:

Alan Shore

First Grade
I don't know what the head of Downtown Duty Free was thinking, but they have a logo on Glenn McGrath's bat. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Strewth! Thats money well spent.

Yah, Right.

I heard during a VB series a while ago that players could only have the makers name and one sponsor on their bats..

Anonymous

Juniors
Thats called sanding the bat back. It means he has no sponser and is advertising the fact to try and get one. Steve Waugh did this after his contract with Gunn & Moore wasn't renewed.

knights04

Bench
MacGill is worst than McGrath as a batsman now. If both were to play in Sri Lanka I would stick Glenn at 10. I remember McGrath being promoted ahead of Muller. :clap: :clap:

choc_soldier

Coach
knights04 said:
MacGill is worst than McGrath as a batsman now. If both were to play in Sri Lanka I would stick Glenn at 10. I remember McGrath being promoted ahead of Muller. :clap: :clap:

MacGill just goes for the big shots when he comes out. That's his problem. McGrath tends to prize his wicket a lot more.

knights04

Bench
Kumble only had to bowl at his pads and he was gone. I think MacGill's bowling is just as lazy as his batting now. So much for saying he had the Indian's sorted out before the 2nd test.

Latest posts