What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sponsorship rumour no. 168

Avenger

Immortal
I hear that the initial 3 sponsors that we were considering are not the chosen ones. On the official site one person stated that it may be Subaru or Sharp. I have heard of this rumour too from more then one source. Another rumour that I have heard is O2, the communications company that sponsors Arsenal Football Club in England. This one would be awesome as Arsenal have a blue and gold away strip and the O2 simply looks awesome on their jersey. Unfortunately I know nobody at O2 so I cannot confirm anything.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Avenger said:
I hear that the initial 3 sponsors that we were considering are not the chosen ones. On the official site one person stated that it may be Subaru or Sharp. I have heard of this rumour too from more then one source. Another rumour that I have heard is O2, the communications company that sponsors Arsenal Football Club in England. This one would be awesome as Arsenal have a blue and gold away strip and the O2 simply looks awesome on their jersey. Unfortunately I know nobody at O2 so I cannot confirm anything.

O2!! that would be an absolute coup! if it happens.

Go the eels!! Go the Gunners!! ;-)

Stagger eel

Staff member
Belly in Brisvegas said:
02 are an english company so hard to see it being them...I mean why would they be bothered?

good call! but maybe they intend to hit the Australian Market and this may be a stepping stone to doing that.

eelavation said:
Avenger said:

O2!! that would be an absolute coup! if it happens.

Go the eels!! Go the Gunners!! ;-)

Brian Smith had an O2

filthy_spammers said:
I'm mates with the O2 country manager, I'll find out.

If he has a package of 30 O2's ready to ship marked "Attention: Denis Fitzgerald c/- Parramatta Eels" we may have a winner.

Pazza

First Grade
eelavation said:
Belly in Brisvegas said:
02 are an english company so hard to see it being them...I mean why would they be bothered?

good call! but maybe they intend to hit the Australian Market and this may be a stepping stone to doing that.

Market penetration, trying to improve their product recognition. I guess they see Parra as a good marketing tool considering the potential the team has for success and marketable personalities like Riddell and Morris.

1eyedeel

Juniors
O2 have been here for about three years with their PDA/phones but it's a small fry operation compared to the UK because they don't act as a carrier down here like they do in Europe. I know they haven't had very big marketing dollars in the past so quite frankly I'd be surprised if it was them...

planeteels

Juniors
I have a pretty good feeling that we'll know exactly who is on board as Major Sponsor VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY SOON :D

I heard it was gonna be krusty the Klown, and we were just gonna have his big face plastered on our jerseys.

I'm serious too!

bartman

Immortal
If it is O2, then how long will it take before other fans label some of our players "oxygen thieves"? #-o

[end chemistry joke]

Cupid Stunt

Spooky. I was told O2 on monday but with nothing of real credit to back it up, just the usual best-friends-girl-friends-aunties-neighbours-goldfish kinda deal, so I didnt bother looking into it.

Should have read this earlier... though maybe they took it from the official site as well. :?

The Godfather

Juniors
Noooooo... #-o

Arsenal look like they have a donut on their shirts.

O2 also sponsor the England rugby union, and it does not look much better either.

Stagger eel

Staff member
The Godfather said:
Noooooo... #-o

Arsenal look like they have a donut on their shirts.

O2 also sponsor the England rugby union, and it does not look much better either.

ahh! get over it!

go the mighty Gunners!!! :D

just wondering, if it is 02 can we try and arrange to get Thierry on loan against some of the tougher sides :?

True EEL

Bench
i just hope it is someone at this point.....nothing worse than a clean skin jumper

no sponsor = lack of credibility

however, i do hope its not something lame like "Herbal World" hey Tiger fans????

Latest posts