What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sports bet odds slap in face for Dragons!

Emu01

Juniors
Do people understand that odds are driven by the punters and not the bookies? If we're at long odds it's because no-one is stupid enough to throw their money away backing us.

Yes but the bookies frame a market then the odds go up or down depending on money coming in..

The problem was they didn't even frame a market for the dragons. Left out completely. Probably as you say not much money coming in.. But they should have at least quoted a figure for us even if it was massive..

Belta

Juniors
The Dragons overall performances at the pointy end of the season has even the diehards cringing around the corridors grasping for any glimmer of hope, can you blame the rest of the civilised world for laughing at the suggestion the dragons are final 8 contenders, I can't. Um ok perhaps I'm a tad melodramatic, it's not my fault I wouldn't be this way if I was a storm fan

JamesRustle

First Grade
I just saw the premiership odds,they had all the top 8 listed plus the Raiders! who are 10th but not us in 9th position. What a disgrace not even listed!

So they don't even rate our chances!

Talk about a slap in the face.

Mary if your reading this can you use this as motivation and let the team know and prove them wrong.
Aside from getting your panties in a twist over nothing, sportsbet has a market with 10 teams to win the comp, with us the longest of the 10 at $67... seems about right to me.

I don't see any coach pinning the current odds on the dressingroom wall as motivation and I would hope Mary has better motivation strategies at his disposal, despite his limited ability.

Emu01

Juniors
Aside from getting your panties in a twist over nothing, sportsbet has a market with 10 teams to win the comp, with us the longest of the 10 at $67... seems about right to me.

I don't see any coach pinning the current odds on the dressingroom wall as motivation and I would hope Mary has better motivation strategies at his disposal, despite his limited ability.

They might have us at $67 late last night but when I started this thread we were not even listed.. They had the top 8 plus the Raiders..

When I played league I would love something like this to motivate me to play well.. It's the best motivation a coach could ask for I reckon.

BringTheNoise

Juniors
I'm sure the NRL integrity unit would love to see betting odds posted in the change rooms.

Maybe put first try scorer odds in Nightingale's locker to fire him up too.

Emu01

Juniors
I'm sure the NRL integrity unit would love to see betting odds posted in the change rooms.

Maybe put first try scorer odds in Nightingale's locker to fire him up too.

Exactly. The coach needs all the help he can get to motivate them.. Id be telling our forwards no one rates our pack especially Bennett and the Broncos players. See if that can get them pupmped for Friday night..