What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Squad succession

Bigfella

Coach
Start your own thread and call it whatever you f**king like.

He can start a thread but I doubt he would be puerile or narcissistic enough to presume that it was "his own" thread as everyone would be equally free to contribute to it regardless of how boring or pointless it was.

^b0ss^

Juniors
Pou, so morgan is only on loan for this season? is that right? so he will be back at the club next yr?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He can start a thread but I doubt he would be puerile or narcissistic enough to presume that it was "his own" thread as everyone would be equally free to contribute to it regardless of how boring or pointless it was.

Last I checked, the bloke who starts the thread gets to name it. When you're a moderator maybe you can go back and change it after the fact.

Bigfella

Coach
Last I checked, the bloke who starts the thread gets to name it. When you're a moderator maybe you can go back and change it after the fact.

I'm still saving up for the lobotomy and enrolling in a PH.D. in conspiracy theories so I doubt I'll be a moderator for a while.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Removed Peats. 🙁

Fullback: Gordon, Moss
W/C: Faraimo, Folau, Gutherson, Jennings, Radradra, Schulte, Toutai, Tuha
Half: Cornish, Foran, Kelly, Norman
Hooker: De Gois, King, Pritchard
Edge forward: Edwards, Gower, Ma'u, Moeroa, Scott, Tanginoa, Woods
Tight forward: Alvaro, Hasson, Mannah, O'Brien, Paulo, Terepo, Ualesi, Watmough, Wicks
Utility: Fuimaono, Nelson, Takairangi

Fullback: -
W/C: Folau, Gutherson, Jennings, Morgan, Radradra
Half: Foran
Hooker: Pritchard
Edge forward: Edwards, Gower, Ma'u, Moeroa, Scott
Tight forward: Alvaro, Mannah, Terepo, Twal, Watmough
Utility: French, Takairangi

W/C: Jennings, Radradra
Hooker: Pritchard
Edge forward: Scott
Tight forward: Alvaro, Watmough
Utility: French

W/C: Jennings
Hooker: -
Edge forward: -
Tight forward: -

So we officially have 36 merkins in this year's squad.

By the way there's a video on the official Eels site (last time we met) showing Peats missing the one-on-one tackle that led to Souths' winning try. I always knew he was shit. 😿

^b0ss^

Juniors
So we got about 20 players coming off contract at the end of the yr.I can see 4 signings we prob must retain.
Gordon
Norman
wicks
IDG
But im guessing the others are on low salarys.

84 Baby

Referee
So we got about 20 players coming off contract at the end of the yr.I can see 4 signings we prob must retain.
Gordon
Norman
wicks
IDG
But im guessing the others are on low salarys.
Guff & Bevo can cover Gordon, but Gordon's goal kicking would be handy. I'd be putting hard word on him & IDG. Wicks isn't a must but def would take him back.
Norman is priority. I reckon $800k in 2-3 years will be a steal for him. I reckon only Milford is standing against him as Thurston's successor for QLD & Australia.

Our 2017 based on current signings (whatever happened to Boxhead?)
1. French/Guff
2. Semi
3. Jenko
4. Morgan/Folau :?
5. French/Guff
6. Taka
7. Foz
8. Mannah
9. Kaysa
10. Alvaro
11. Mau
12. Scott
13. Tepai

14. Kenny E
15. Gower
16. Torpedo
17. Twal

84 Baby

Referee
But besides that, it's fairly similar to the side running out tonight, which means we essentially have the contracts (less upgrades/backenders of that 17) of these guys to improve the team:

Gordon, Moss, Burrito, Schultz, Vai, Tuha, Cornish, Kelly, Norman, IDG, King, Kelepi, Woods, Hasson, O'Brien, Jnr, Ualesi, Wicks, Fuimoana & Nelson

Don't include Peats & Watmough because they put us over cap anyway, plus adjustment needs to be made because Morgan also put us over cap.

So to get Norman if he wants $800k will probably mean downgrades (either monetarily if they stay or quality if they leave) to Gordon & IDG, Jnr's money above min wage will probably also have to go to it and then another 3 min wagers plus Wicks