What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

St Des

TheOnlyTeam

Juniors
Don't write us off totally next year, we have a strong side, except for the halves, Mary will be on notice that we don't perform they should do a price on him and boot him
That's why Mary wants a short field, so we play 80mins non stop, no halves and no oranges.

wayne57

Juniors
If McGregor was a car he would he no doubt would be a Leyland P76 which were later dubbed the P38 and rated the worst car ever produced in Australia.
Yes I remember them well, that was end of Leyand Australia, lets hope it is also the end of Mcgregor as a coach (I use the word coach in relation to Mcgregor in very loose terms)

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
This unsubstamtiaed rumour apropos Hasler brought a smile to my face during the week. If a less credentialed coach such as Cleary rejected the Dragons, what hope was the Club in acquiring Hasler (provided he became off contract)?

Answer: Sweet Fanny Adams.

getsmarty

Immortal
This unsubstamtiaed rumour apropos Hasler brought a smile to my face during the week. If a less credentialed coach such as Cleary rejected the Dragons, what hope was the Club in acquiring Hasler (provided he became off contract)?

Answer: Sweet Fanny Adams.

Hasler to breathe fire into Dragons in 2018
By Tony Adams
October 22, 2016

DES Hasler’s dramatic falling out at Canterbury is almost certain to see him switch clubs in 2018 – to St George Illawarra.

Hasler has survived an attempt by disgruntled Bulldogs directors to oust him but appears certain to leave Belmore once his contract expires at the end of 2017.

RLW has been told that the Dragons, who are unhappy with the direction they’re going under Paul McGregor, have secretly sounded out Hasler’s manager George Mimis about his future.

Dragons chief executive Peter Doust, under massive pressure to keep his own job from frustrated fans, realises that signing Hasler could ease the strain on his position.

Doust and Mimis are close mates and have done several player deals together in the past, most notably Mark Gasnier’s return to the Red V from French rugby union in 2010.

There’s still plenty of tension between Hasler and the Bulldogs hierarchy, and only a premiership in 2017 is likely to patch up the problems.

McGregor is also under siege and will need to win six of his first eight games in 2017 to keep his position but even then, with Hasler waiting in the wings, it may not be enough.

And it’s hard to see the Dragons improving, with recruitment proving an ongoing problem. They’ve missed out on a host of big-name players and on paper, look little stronger for next season.

http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/hasler-breathe-fire-dragons-2018/

P.S This is written by the Mole ...so take it with a grain of salt.

Last edited:

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Hasler to breathe fire into Dragons in 2018
By Tony Adams
October 22, 2016

DES Hasler’s dramatic falling out at Canterbury is almost certain to see him switch clubs in 2018 – to St George Illawarra.

Hasler has survived an attempt by disgruntled Bulldogs directors to oust him but appears certain to leave Belmore once his contract expires at the end of 2017.

RLW has been told that the Dragons, who are unhappy with the direction they’re going under Paul McGregor, have secretly sounded out Hasler’s manager George Mimis about his future.

Dragons chief executive Peter Doust, under massive pressure to keep his own job from frustrated fans, realises that signing Hasler could ease the strain on his position.

Doust and Mimis are close mates and have done several player deals together in the past, most notably Mark Gasnier’s return to the Red V from French rugby union in 2010.

There’s still plenty of tension between Hasler and the Bulldogs hierarchy, and only a premiership in 2017 is likely to patch up the problems.

McGregor is also under siege and will need to win six of his first eight games in 2017 to keep his position but even then, with Hasler waiting in the wings, it may not be enough.

And it’s hard to see the Dragons improving, with recruitment proving an ongoing problem. They’ve missed out on a host of big-name players and on paper, look little stronger for next season.

http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/hasler-breathe-fire-dragons-2018/

This is written by the Mole ...so take it with a grain of salt.

Most health experts concur that an excessive salt intake is detrimental to one's wellbeing.

Believing the veracity of The Mole is almost certain to leave readers with a cardiac arrest.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
If McGregor was a car he would he no doubt would be a Leyland P76 which were later dubbed the P38 and rated the worst car ever produced in Australia.

I reckon the Morris Marina was worse. The P76 believe it or not is a bit of a collector's item these days. Morris Marina - Mary McGregor - they even sound the same.

Gareth67

First Grade
Oh my , I thought that this thread had been cremated and the ashes scattered to the four winds .
If the Dragons are to sign any decent coach for 2018 and beyond , they need to do so as quickly as possible .
The longer that McGregor remains in charge next year , the less chance that any decent player will sign with the Dragons in 2018 .

Any player thinking about a contract with the J.Venture will need to know ahead of season 2018 who will be the coach , otherwise the salary cap will not mean a damn thing to the club .

Now does that sound like the Joint Ventures board , to act decisively
and not to hesitate when making such a momentous decision ?

As to the Mole , he needs to be pull his head from that garbage bin he has been sniffing around in , as I am afraid that the fumes have seriously affected his brain .

Last edited:

Mr Red

First Grade
At least the mole has one thing right, our roster is hardly as strong as last season, probably weaker actually...

getsmarty

Immortal
Most health experts concur that an excessive salt intake is detrimental to one's wellbeing.

Believing the veracity of The Mole is almost certain to leave readers with a cardiac arrest.

You obviously didn't read my P.S comment on the bottom of the thread..LOL

BennyV

Referee
At least the mole has one thing right, our roster is hardly as strong as last season, probably weaker actually...
Rubbish. We lost Rein, the improvement there alone is more than enough to negate the loss of Creagh.

Macdonald far better than Farrel and Mata'utia, Vaughan superior to Cooper, guys like Host and Milne a year older and guys like Dufty, Herbert and Sele to hopefully see some first grade...so far, we are looking better for next year.

Latest posts