What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stade France (XV) vs Lezignan (XIII

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
http://www.sportchoc.tv/content/le-match-xv-xiii-entre-le-stade-français-et-lézignan-menacé

The XV-XIII match between the French stage and threatened Lézignan

The French stage is currently in the eye of the storm (it is called by the DNACG Monday), we imagine that in case of relegation to a Federal or in Pro D2, the course that the Parisians have to make the 25-27 Castlenaudary July, will be canceled. However, on Wednesday 27 (at Castlenaudary or Lézignan, the place is not yet fixed), the coach of Paris, the Australian Michael Cheika, an avid rugby league, wants to meet a friendly Lézignan FC in a match played in four quarters time, half with the rules of the XV, with half those of XIII.
"This is the French stage, which was plaintiff, and we gave our agreement, given the media interest that such displays would create" told us this Thursday Aurélien Cologni, the coach of the Corbières. "Cheika has again asked to organize a working session defensive on Monday, for the players in Paris, we are ready to do with my assistant, Franck Rovira."
Although this project was not yet formalized, however, he was "on track," said Aurelien Cologni.
But both groups are now awaiting the decision of the DNACG the National Rugby League, on what will happen French at the Stade ...
The hope remains, since Serge Kampf (already patron of Biarritz Olympique), head of Capgemini was among potential investors.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
If this goes ahead, you'd expect the Union side to win both halves.

Last time I looked they had a cap between 8 and 20 million Euros compared to Lezignan who spend anywhere up to 800,000 Euros max.

The Union side would probably have a few ex League players as well.

Still, if it does go ahead, it's great for RL promotion in France and with the talk about Stade wanting a SL side, this could be the beginning.

langpark

First Grade
I would love to watch this match!

I disagree with you though, I expect Lezignan to win during League rules, by a small margin. Then Stade de France to romp them during the XV half....

I think Lyon would be the perfect venue for this match too. It's more or less the same distance for each, there for a perfect neutral location, and League is played there too right?

Jankuloski

Juniors
Stade France.. taking interest in league .. where have we heard this before? :)

First graders against second graders, though.. don't see much of a match there.

maya

Juniors
It's almost official: Lézignan XIII play Stade Français XV in a friendly match, Wednesday, July 27 evening at the "Moulin" field. The match will be played in three third-time of twenty minutes each, under the rules of rugby league.

bobbis

Juniors
Hopefully it gets streamed online.

I'd expect Lezignan to win, bare in mind RWC squads are warming up, so Stade will mainly be the B's. Good opportunity for publicity either way.

maya

Juniors
I think it will not stream online, the price of entry to the stadium was set at 5 euros in order to attract a lot of people (maybe Paris’s people on south France’s Holiday and rugby union's fans in general).

Stade Français asked Aurélien Cologni, the Lézignan’s coach (and recently coach adjoint of the France team) to prepare Stade Français players working on the Rugby League for the eve of the Match.

Maybe will success attract young players from Paris (the Union’s International are absent due to RWC’s preparations) to the Elite 1. Paris have only one big problem because became a big desert (or almost) Rugby League since the Dispater PSG XIII and recently Corbeil

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Thanks for the info maya.

euon55.jpg

maya

Juniors
It was just a Rugby Union club professional (36 players with a big turnover on the field) in full preparation for their Championship which starts end of August against a rugby league club, semi-professional, on holiday (17 players with 8 juniors players and two retired) with the championship begins in October, so no conclusion in regard to the result

For players of Stade Français, I think they have taken pleasure in playing rugby league rules. Note that the game went into 3 third time 20 minutes with defense 5 meters.

maya

Juniors
some pics

Attachments

• 249347_224360884274719_100001024283963_695400_1654870_n.jpg
    249347_224360884274719_100001024283963_695400_1654870_n.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 23
  • IMGP0571.jpg
    IMGP0571.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 24
  • IMGP0628.jpg
    IMGP0628.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 28

langpark

First Grade
The ground looks PACKED! What's the capacity?

Hopefully this will tempt a few of the union boys into defecting ;-)

maya

Juniors
Stade du Moulin is around 6 500 peoples, yesterday around 4000/5000 peoples, but the club house is busy???

Latest posts