What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stadium Developments

Perth Red

Post Whore
Interesting article in the Sunday Times suggesting that the new Govt is shying away from a new stadium and favouring the redevelopment of Subi and MES. The Force will meet with the Govt next week to pressure for MES to be upgraded to 30,000 with 2,000 corporate seats at a cost of around $80-100mill. Hopefully the WARL and soccer also make representations and really force them to get moving with it.

A redeveloped MES would be a massive plus for any future NRL bid.

CHRIS SANDOW

Juniors
Interesting article in the Sunday Times suggesting that the new Govt is shying away from a new stadium and favouring the redevelopment of Subi and MES. The Force will meet with the Govt next week to pressure for MES to be upgraded to 30,000 with 2,000 corporate seats at a cost of around $80-100mill. Hopefully the WARL and soccer also make representations and really force them to get moving with it.

I'm a sydneysider, I want a WA reds team by 2020 adleast, we shouldn't be called the ''NRL'' if were only on the eastern seaboard. The redeveloped oval is good financially for your bid, however it would be good if some private investors came in to the situation. Surely theres some rich guys in Western Australia who would be interested in owning a rugby league team.

What does the WA reds need to operate a year to be in the NRL? 20 million a year???????????? They need to field NRL, AND NYC TEAM ADLEAST.

KHunt

Juniors

Good pun.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I'm a sydneysider, I want a WA reds team by 2020 adleast, we shouldn't be called the ''NRL'' if were only on the eastern seaboard. The redeveloped oval is good financially for your bid, however it would be good if some private investors came in to the situation. Surely theres some rich guys in Western Australia who would be interested in owning a rugby league team.

What does the WA reds need to operate a year to be in the NRL? 20 million a year???????????? They need to field NRL, AND NYC TEAM ADLEAST.

yep around $20mill by the time were in. Unfortunately RL has a VERY low profile in Perth at the moment so can't see any rich business people just throwing their money at us. Having said that the corporate uptake for the Reds last year was very impressive. Our best target would be a mining company (if the boom continues) as I know they are desperate to attract workers from NSw and Q'land.

b0rt

Juniors
yep around $20mill by the time were in. Unfortunately RL has a VERY low profile in Perth at the moment so can't see any rich business people just throwing their money at us. Having said that the corporate uptake for the Reds last year was very impressive. Our best target would be a mining company (if the boom continues) as I know they are desperate to attract workers from NSw and Q'land.
actually most big, established mining companies arent really looking to 'advertise' they dont need joe average to be exposed to them or anything
the ET mining which sponsors the Force do so because the bloke who runs it just loves union
anyone rich who likes rugby league would be great though!

Perth Red

Post Whore
Rio Tinto were running general job adverts in the RL magazines when I was over in Sydney a few weeks ago so they clearly are trying to attract people West.

Kurt Angle

First Grade
Sort of miss the point Kal Red.

For the sort of money it wouldtake to fly 2 squads and match officials to Perth, for a crowd of 6-7,000, it was never going to be worth it without a WA government incentive.

Perth Red

Post Whore
The Eng v PNG opener was the game we should have got. On route for England and with half of Perth being poms we would have got a great crowd. There was a reason RU chose to base the English here for the first two RUWC games!

westie

Bench
If the WA Govt had come to the party like QLD did, you might have some games. It's not a charity this time around.

joondalup_giant

Staff member
finacially i just dont see the point in hosting a game between two minnows and only gettin people who follow rugby league there (10,000 max) the only game that would work would be a "block buster" which includes top sides that way you'd get the people who are neutral, enjoy sport and are there for the ocassion

Perth Red

Post Whore
Driving past the building site today that will become the entertainment centre I wonder how feasible it would be to play RL there? It will only be 14,000 seats but it has a retractable roof and I would imagine the atmosphere you could generate in it would be awsome. Not sure if the centre area would be big enough or how you would getting a playing surface but would have been awsome to have had it as a indoor stadium as well as concert hall.

Perth Red

Post Whore
The Force keep pushing. They were supposed to be moving to a new training ground as part of the sell off of Perry Lakes stadium. Turns out the ground is contaminated where they were going and will cost a fortune to sort out. The Force have said they will be willing to move in with the new athletics training ground to save a heap of money IF the Govt agree to a 25,000 seat MES upgrade. Come on the Force!

RUNVS

Juniors
The Force keep pushing. They were supposed to be moving to a new training ground as part of the sell off of Perry Lakes stadium. Turns out the ground is contaminated where they were going and will cost a fortune to sort out. The Force have said they will be willing to move in with the new athletics training ground to save a heap of money IF the Govt agree to a 25,000 seat MES upgrade. Come on the Force!

The new WA premier seems like a real wanker and it doesnt sound like he is keen to provide any money for stadiums.

Alehana

Juniors

Whaaat, is that the one thats contimanated across the road near challenge stadium? what a farce

b0rt

Juniors
Whaaat, is that the one thats contimanated across the road near challenge stadium? what a farce
yer thats the one
they were also told their new facilities would all be ready before their third season

Alehana

Juniors
i think we can blame town of cambridge for that, couldn't decide on when to start developing the athletics track, so the WA gov jumped in after a while

saw the developments the other week, just down the road from me, starting to take shape

Latest posts