What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stadium nearing completion

Serc

First Grade

Jobdog

Live Update Team
I'll throw it out there right here, right now and say it won't be complete by Round 4. All the spectator seating will be right, but I have my doubts about the corporate areas ...

roopy

Referee
Looks like all the big jobs are done except for a bit of the roof - just need to paint and put in the furniture.

Apey

Staff member
It is starting to look like awesome from the outside. It is like a fortress, and so it should be.

Alex28

Coach
Saw something on twitter suggesting that 90% of the seats will be right for the first game.

Saw something on twitter suggesting that 90% of the seats will be right for the first game.

Was over there yesterday and they still have about another 50 % of seating to be installed plus half the roof, and as Roops said all the corporate areas and media boxes need fitting out still.

We will FINALLY be able to hear whats going on as well as all new speakers have been installed under the roof .

roopy

Referee
worked for me
the stadium looks a bit less ready than in the still pics, but it shows what a great facility it will be.
parking will be the next issue - looks like 30k will get out of the ground through huge gates straight into the car park - god knows what happens then.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Was over there yesterday and they still have about another 50 % of seating to be installed plus half the roof, and as Roops said all the corporate areas and media boxes need fitting out still.

We will FINALLY be able to hear whats going on as well as all new speakers have been installed under the roof .
This aspect alone makes the new grand stand worthwhile! ;-)

Serc

First Grade
Here's some more pics:

http://www.theherald.com.au/multimedia/21447/208896/a-look-inside-ausgrid-stadium.aspx

Stadium ready for first clash
18 Mar, 2011 04:00 AM

1155544.jpg

FLAT OUT: Hunter Venues boss Mark Zundans - Pictures by Ryan Osland

HUNTER Venues chief executive Mark Zundans is confident 30,000 people will fit into Ausgrid Stadium for the Knights' first NRL home game against defending champions St George-Illawarra on April 3.
The $81 million western grandstand is still being built, but Mr Zundans said it would be 90 per cent complete by kick-off.
Capacity in the finished stadium will be 33,000 but for the first game, the new stand's ground floor will be closed as will sections of the first floor.
The contract with construction company John Holland is scheduled to finish on April 14.
Minister for the Hunter Jodi McKay said the Knights and Jets could "feel proud to run onto this ground".
Together with the Andrew Johns Stand to the east, the venue will have an estimated value of $103 million when complete.
The Knights have control of the stadium until April 1 when management is handed to Hunter Venues but there are no immediate plans to name the new stand or use the licence from the former club.
http://www.theherald.com.au/news/local/news/general/stadium-ready-for-first-clash/2106880.aspx

strewth_mate

Bench

True, I've missed hearing who sponsors Tolar every few minutes :lol:

Picky as I sound, I almost get jealous whenever I go to Penrith and hear Scotty McRae trying to get the crowd involved.

Would be nice to hear something in addition to:
"We need to HEAR you NEW-CA-STLLLLLLE!!!!"
<crowd roar>
</crowd>
<sponsorship announcement>

Jobdog

Live Update Team
True, I've missed hearing who sponsors Tolar every few minutes :lol:

Picky as I sound, I almost get jealous whenever I go to Penrith and hear Scotty McRae trying to get the crowd involved.

Would be nice to hear something in addition to:
"We need to HEAR you NEW-CA-STLLLLLLE!!!!"
<crowd roar>
</crowd>
<sponsorship announcement>
:lol: Glen's trying his best. But you have to remember the average age of Knights fans attending games is around 50. It's always going to go silent after 30 seconds ...

88.Knights

Juniors

seriously... that guy pisses me off massive, never shuts up n so annoying. I'd rather leave the guy telling the crowd to cheer to teams like the eels n panthers that have sh*tty supporters who need to be told to cheer. Novocastrians don't need no electronic chant.

Serc

First Grade
From Ausgrid Stadium's facebook page:

Rome wasn’t built in a day and the same thing applies for Ausgrid Stadium. We are getting closer to the Knights opening game and to be perfectly honest we do not know what the 3rd of April will bring. The new Western Grandstand will have 90 % of the seating facilities ready but logistically it is still developing. The food and Beverage outlet’s will be open so you won’t miss anything of the normal game accessories.