What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

State of Origin 2017

callmack1

Staff member
Queensland Maroons Origin I team
1. Darius Boyd (Brisbane Broncos)
2. Corey Oates (Brisbane Broncos)
3. Will Chambers (Melbourne Storm)
4. Justin O'Neill (North Queensland Cowboys)
5. Dane Gagai (Newcastle Knights)
6. Anthony Milford (Brisbane Broncos)
7. Cooper Cronk (Melbourne Storm)
8. Dylan Napa (Sydney Roosters)
9. Cameron Smith (c) (Melbourne Storm)
10. Nate Myles (Manly Sea Eagles)
11. Josh Papalii (Canberra Raiders)
12. Matt Gillett (Brisbane Broncos)
13. Josh McGuire (Brisbane Broncos)
Interchange:
14. Michael Morgan (North Queensland Cowboys)
15. Sam Thaiday (Brisbane Broncos)
16. Aidan Guerra (Sydney Roosters)
17. Jacob Lillyman (Warriors)
18. Johnathan Thurston (North Queensland Cowboys)

Pretty average side if I'm honest. I understand they need to pick some players due to experience but how the hell did guys like Slater, Holmes and Hess miss out?

NSW will probably have the better team for once.

Travitoh

First Grade
Papalii shouldn't be there after being convicted of DUI. Luckiest player in the NRL

CAFPOW

Juniors
I am a Qld supporter but NSW will win the series 3-0. No J. Wallace, Hess, Holmes and B. Lee.

I understand Walters picking players based on "Experience". Experience means jack in Origin when you pick players who are injured and way down on form.

Pommy

Coach
I am a Qld supporter but NSW will win the series 3-0. No J. Wallace, Hess, Holmes and B. Lee.

I understand Walters picking players based on "Experience". Experience means jack in Origin when you pick players who are injured and way down on form.

I think thats a big call in a series with 2 suncorp games.

callmack1

Staff member

Not sure that it'll be a whitewash but if selections like this coming, NSW should win the series.

DiegoNT

First Grade
The majority of NT supports QLD. Origin is huge up here. It's even big in the communities, which are big afl areas.
My father's family are all from nsw, his even had a few distant relatives play origin for nsw.
My first origin memory is actually from deep in maroon territory. We lived in Ipswich for a year. For people who don't know much about Ipswich, it's the place QLDers make fun of for being 2 headed rednecks. On the night of game 3 in either 93 or 94 i remember eagerly waiting for the old man to come home to watch it with him. He was stuck working on the other side of town. Come kick off and the old man wasn't there. Half time came and no dad. Finally in the last 10 minutes my dad came through the door sweaty and buggered. What had happened is he had called a taxi to get home. He told the taxi driver can he get him home quickly before kickoff. The taxi driver said 'sure thing, i hope we kill them blue bastards'. My father said 'I'm from sydney and i go for the blues' the taxi driver stopped the taxi and kicked my father out. My father had to walk across ipswich to get home.
Have always hated Queensland since then

callmack1

Staff member
NSW Team:
1 James Tedesco
2 Blake Ferguson
3 Josh Dugan
4 Jarryd Hayne
5 Brett Morris
6 James Maloney
7 Mitchell Pearce
8 Aaron Woods
9 Nathan Peats
10 Andrew Fifita
11 Josh Jackson
12 Boyd Cordner (c)
13 Tyson Frizell
Interchange:
14 David Klemmer
15 Wade Graham
16 Jake Trbojevic
17 Jack Bird
Additional:
18 Matt Moylan
19 Jordan McLean
20 Jack de Belin

Better side than Queensland imo.

We are not effected by Origin which is a good thing. While it's not good we haven't produced any Origin players, I'm glad we are not going to be impacted by it and we can go through the Origin without having to shuffle too much.

Pommy

Coach
Well with Farah being left out I do feel he will be off to the Super league next year for a big pay day.

Pommy

Coach
Farah's only been left out of game one atm, he could still get a call up later in the series.

It seems unlikely in my opinion now. Obviously injury could change that but it seems like a changing of the guard its no longer his shirt.

CAFPOW

Juniors
I think thats a big call in a series with 2 suncorp games.

Yeah mate. We can still lose those 2 Suncorp games. The only reason Qld won all those previous game is because we picked players who were on form and NSW did not. Now, it is the reverse.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Queensland Maroons Origin I team
1. Darius Boyd (Brisbane Broncos)
2. Corey Oates (Brisbane Broncos)
3. Will Chambers (Melbourne Storm)
4. Justin O'Neill (North Queensland Cowboys)
5. Dane Gagai (Newcastle Knights)
6. Anthony Milford (Brisbane Broncos)
7. Cooper Cronk (Melbourne Storm)
8. Dylan Napa (Sydney Roosters)
9. Cameron Smith (c) (Melbourne Storm)
10. Nate Myles (Manly Sea Eagles)
11. Josh Papalii (Canberra Raiders)
12. Matt Gillett (Brisbane Broncos)
13. Josh McGuire (Brisbane Broncos)
Interchange:
14. Michael Morgan (North Queensland Cowboys)
15. Sam Thaiday (Brisbane Broncos)
16. Aidan Guerra (Sydney Roosters)
17. Jacob Lillyman (Warriors)
18. Johnathan Thurston (North Queensland Cowboys)

Pretty average side if I'm honest. I understand they need to pick some players due to experience but how the hell did guys like Slater, Holmes and Hess miss out?

NSW will probably have the better team for once.
Jarrod Wallace should have been there too!!!!

callmack1

Staff member
What a great game tonight!! Now that was Origin!!

That first half was just amazing. One of the best I've seen.

NSW deserved the win.

Latest posts