What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stats say one of the TOP FOUR will collapse in 2010!

Scarves

Juniors
Here's an interesting stat. Since 2002 at least one of the final four remaining preliminary final clubs have either produced numbing results the following seasons or absolutely collapsed in a heap.

Below is a list of the four finalists since 2002. In (brackets) are the finishing positions the following season of those particular clubs that missed out on the top eight in that following season. As you can see, some of these clubs are missing out the next season by a long way.

2002 - Roosters, Warriors, Broncos, Sharks (12th).
2003 - Penrith, Roosters, Warriors (14th), Bulldogs.
2004 - Bulldogs (12th), Roosters (9th), Penrith (10th), Cowboys.
2005 - Tigers (11th), Parra, Dragons, Cowboys (9th).
2006 - Broncos, Storm, Bulldogs, Dragons (13th).
2007 - Storm, Manly, Cowboys (15th), Parra (11th).
2008 - Manly, Storm, Sharks (15th), Warriors (14th).

So when one reflects on this 2009 season, the four preliminary finalists were Melbourne, Parramatta, Canterbury, and Brisbane, which of these teams are going to once again, surprisingly fall a little flat, not aim up or not live up to their hype in season 2010?

Dutchy

Immortal
I thought Roosters finished 4th in 08 :s

Or is my memory just f**ked after celebrating too hard?

aussies1st

Staff member
Brisbane definitely seem most likely. Eels would be next most likely, quite a bit depends on Hayne's form.

innsaneink

Referee
Same roughly for the tiop 8.....two or three make way for another two or three diff team.
Nothing new here...move along

Moffo

Referee
i wouldnt be surprised to see parra f**k up. moi moi and hayne will struggle to have anywhere near as good a year as they did last year, mortimer will have to contend with second year syndrome and hindmarsh/cayless are nearing their expiry dates. question marks as to whether tahu will still have it as well and i think poore got shown up in a couple of games towards the end of this year

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Broncos for mine will drop, but whether it's out of the final four or the entire eight, not sure.

Loudstrat

Coach
i wouldnt be surprised to see parra f**k up. moi moi and hayne will struggle to have anywhere near as good a year as they did last year, mortimer will have to contend with second year syndrome and hindmarsh/cayless are nearing their expiry dates. question marks as to whether tahu will still have it as well and i think poore got shown up in a couple of games towards the end of this year

Thanks Moffo. I'll look forward to us going undefeated in 2010!

Interesting to pick who will replace Brisbane and Canterbury. My tips: Saints and Manly.

Would be interesting to compare the top 4 of the minor premiership.