What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Steelers Greats" annonunced - 17 of the best!

Southernsaint

Staff member
DRRRAGONS said:
Southernsaint said:
Willow said:
DRRRAGONS said:
I think some people are a little sensitive about where 4 of our best players come from,
Can you elaborate?

At the moment it's:

Thompson - Hurstville
Bailey - Wollongong
Timmins - Wollongong
Riddell - Panania

Or were you thinking of another 4 "best" players??

Cheers,
Ben S.

You don't think another club would pick Ryles or Barrett over Thompson or Riddell if they could choose?

Ryles is a walking Emergency Ward & Barrett is more of a marketing tool than a playmaker...

Cheers,
Ben S.

DRRRAGONS

Juniors
Just because Injuries have effected them in recent times does not make them less talented players. GIven time they will both be playing REP footy while the other two will struggle to get a start.

So is that a "NO" to my question?

Southernsaint

Staff member
DRRRAGONS said:
Just because Injuries have effected them in recent times does not make them less talented players. GIven time they will both be playing REP footy while the other two will struggle to get a start.

So is that a "NO" to my question?

I'm having the same problems Denis is. You're not reading my posts.

You never said "most talented", you said "best". Notice that I said "at the moment" ie: this season.

This season Ryles hasn't gone near a football & Barrett has been quite average. Other clubs may want to take a risk on Ryles after his massive lay-off & Barrett could be a better player for another club. But going on this season's form, I'd take Thommo, Timmo, Riddell & Bailey over those two any day...

Cheers,
Ben S.

DRRRAGONS

Juniors
You are well and truely and idiot.

Your problem is your READ want you want to read, you are the one that added in the crucial "AT THE MOMENT".

If you think that Barrett isn't one of our best players, you are an idiot. He may be struggling/getting back to form, but every player goes through that and we need him to win the comp.

DRRRAGONS

Juniors
Do you have anything constructive to say Weeping Willow?

Or are you going to continue to pop in with your useless one liners that have nothing to do with the topic?

Southernsaint

Staff member
parra_panther said:
Good to see Girds in there.

He would probably be in the top 17 Panthers players of all time as well...

John Cross played for Penriff too. Can you find space for him?? :lol:

Cheers,
Ben S.