What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stefano Utoikamanu

DJDL

Bench
How much is he worth. He looks great at times but consistently he is average.

Precisely my point.
Fair enough he’s still relatively young, but in his fifth season of NRL, and with upwards of 60 games under his belt, he should be showing it more often than not if he thinks he deserves the big dollars.

Tiger05

First Grade
Precisely my point.
Fair enough he’s still relatively young, but in his fifth season of NRL, and with upwards of 60 games under his belt, he should be showing it more often than not if he thinks he deserves the big dollars.

If we lost him and spend the money elsewhere would we be a better team ? I think so.

Fordy20

Juniors
How much is he worth. He looks great at times but consistently he is average.

He was average again today, but that might have been due to the reduced minutes. The only forward who wasn't injured that spent less time on the pitch was Pole.

Tiger05

First Grade
He was average again today

The problem I have with the guy is that this is how he plays most of the time. Sure he has had heaps of great moments this year and it's been his best year but he is miles off the top props in the game right now and there is always noise about him being offered more money elsewhere. He needs to get his act together and start delivering on his potential.

Last edited:

simmo1

First Grade
They said in commentary he only joined the squad this morning as he had his second kid yesterday (or at least during the week). I'm not his biggest fan, but there were mitigating factors today.

Tigerm

First Grade
They said in commentary he only joined the squad this morning as he had his second kid yesterday (or at least during the week). I'm not his biggest fan, but there were mitigating factors today.
It's all about priorities, surely hahaha

Wizardman

First Grade
Yep, especially when you are chasing an upgrade on your contract?
His last five weeks have been very concerning. He has absolutely played himself out of a state of origin spot this year. Considering the good form he was in before the last 5 weeks, I am worried that he is dogging it to get out. If that is the case, I'd let him have his wish and let him go.

The problem I have with the guy is that this is how he plays most of the time. Sure he has had heaps of great moments this year and it's been his best year but he is miles off the top props in the game right now and there is always noise about him being offered more money elsewhere. He needs to get his act together and start delivering on his potential.

You have to wonder why the Pamfers are so interested? No doubt since they missed out on Fifita, they’ll be going out all guns to get him on their books now.

Fordy20

Juniors
Didn't they have Tevita Pangai Jnr on their books before? Maybe they would take him back again.

Nutz

Bench
Seems about right to me, though I'd have $700 as the ceiling atm.
He may be worth more in time
That's just it isn't it....time!
The way I see it is the majority of top NRL props/middles don't reach their worth (have a positive influence on game results) until they've played 150 games and or been in the game for a long time.
Of course you have exceptions but this seems to be the norm.
Stef has the potential to be a marquee prop but it will take time. What's he played 60+ games? Another full season will see him edging 100 games and that's when we'll see the best of him imo.
Stef is surprisingly fast for a big man and I'd love to see him play big minutes rather than being an impact player...that can come later.
If a club throws the cheque book at him they may have to wait to get value for their buck.

Tiger Ted

Bench
That's just it isn't it....time!
The way I see it is the majority of top NRL props/middles don't reach their worth (have a positive influence on game results) until they've played 150 games and or been in the game for a long time.
Of course you have exceptions but this seems to be the norm.
Stef has the potential to be a marquee prop but it will take time. What's he played 60+ games? Another full season will see him edging 100 games and that's when we'll see the best of him imo.
Stef is surprisingly fast for a big man and I'd love to see him play big minutes rather than being an impact player...that can come later.
If a club throws the cheque book at him they may have to wait to get value for their buck.
Now that Fifita has reneged on rorters deal they will set their sights on Stefano