What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steve Waugh- ABC on Monday 9:30

Doctor

Bench
Australian cricketing legend, the second highest run-scorer in Test Match history, the longest serving current Australian player and the most successful captain in Test Match history will be on ABC on Monday.

Andrew Denton interviews him as part of his Enough Rope program - it starts at 9:30pm this Monday.

Suffice to say I'm a Steve Waugh fan from way-back who supported him through thick and thin - even when people suggested he should get the axe. He is still going strong, just about to embark on a new season of cricket involving a home and away series against India (as well as tests and ODI against Zimbabwe) - his thoughts on the coming summer of cricket will be interesting.

I'll be watching. :D

TheParraboy

Staff member
Original Chook mate

Any possiblility of a quick summary of what Steve Waugh said,? as I missed it :roll: .

Steve Irwin is on tonights show though, lol 8)

Doctor

Bench
He was only on for 20-25 minutes.
The usual discussion of family life, growing up in the backyard with Mark, Danny and Dean - etc.

He did however tackle some of the bigger issues like Australia's sledging. He said that he could see how their behaviour had gotten out of hand at times, but that generally it was just competitive spirit. Of course since then they've come out with a new player policy written by the players themselves.

He talked about India - how he was approached to support the leprosey camps/hospitals.

What else? It was an o.k interview, but I suppose it probably wasn't nearly as good as Steve Irwin in that it didn't reveal much more than we the audience already knew.

Latest posts