What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steven Clarke.... f*ck off and retire

Ribs

Bench
Its not the number of penalties, its the timing.

4th and 5th tackle penalties for ruck infringements are killers and he gave it to us yesterday. Im f*cking sick and tired of him being the centre of attention at our games. If I wanted to pay money to hear constant whistle blowing, Id hang out in gay clubs.

While I dont blame him for the loss, which I put squarly on the shoulders of Matt "who cares, the season is over" Cooper, I didnt enjoy the game much at all. We were never able to put any pressure on Manly or get any decent field position.

Added to that I was sitting behind that fat hairy idiot that didnt stop screaming "look at the scoreboard" and "who's in the finals" and abusing the Saints fan that was just having a laugh..... f*cking insular peninsular genius.

In saying that, good on the team for sticking to it and keeping them to 0 for the second half, no doubt they took the foot off the pedal but another 5 minutes and we may have pulled off a good win.

_Johnsy

Referee
was it just me, or was he giving us about 1-2 sec before yelling "move". I will have a look again on fox with replay, but I am sure he was severe on us, giving manly a bit longer.

Anyway, congrats manly good luck in the finals.

The Preacher

First Grade
It is common knowledge that Clarke has a dislike of the Dragons, and if it was an even playing field, he'd make himself unavailable to referee their matches.
I have very rarely seen a man so in love with himself, and for no obvious reason.

Ribs

Bench
I was just checking the stats.....

We made a nice 8 line breaks yesterday which is excellent and I think Rangi Chase is going to have to bulk up in the off season.... 21 tackles... they really aimed at him.

10 - 5 in the penalties. What a joke. The effect of being punished 6 - 1 in the first 10 minutes is that for the remainder of the game your mind set is get off quick and they enjoy a good roll on and in that heat its a killer.

I wont bother going to away games next season if he refs us, its a waste of money.

Godz Illa

Coach
Ribs you spelt the name wrong in the title - there is no E in C O C K.

We should take up a collection for the Steve C*ck retirement fund. I'll bring a spitoon around - give generously.

dragonfire

Bench
Ribs said:
I was just checking the stats.....

We made a nice 8 line breaks yesterday which is excellent and I think Rangi Chase is going to have to bulk up in the off season.... 21 tackles... they really aimed at him.

10 - 5 in the penalties. What a joke. The effect of being punished 6 - 1 in the first 10 minutes is that for the remainder of the game your mind set is get off quick and they enjoy a good roll on and in that heat its a killer.

I wont bother going to away games next season if he refs us, its a waste of money.

in the first half i dont think i have seen another team all season get as quick a play the ball as Manly. I loved his comment after the 2nd try 'they are going to push it to the limt' or something to that accord which is in obvious reference to his percieved ill discipline from teh dragons. Don't know about you guys but he cant be putting the touchies into that mindframe where they are looking so much harder for any little penalty.

petetheileet

First Grade
If ur playing at home against the dragons and clark is reffing u will come up with teh goods every time....

common knowledge

Ryan

Juniors
Was at the game. Eagles supporter. Have to say I agree with what you guys are saying. I was quite surprised how many early penalties we were getting. I also admit Jack Afamsaga laid in the ruck way too long and didn't get penalised. A few things though:-

1. That second 1/2 should give you guys a WHOLE lot of positivity and confidence next year.
2. Chase Stanley is a wonderful player. Great 5/8. Soward is also a fantastic 1/2 back. It pissed me off how he looked like making a break every time he touched the ball yesterday !!!
3. Gasnier and Cooper in the centres is ruthless. Espescially if you guys throw the ball around. I can't believe someone said Cooper doesn't care. He looked pretty ruthless to me.
4. You guys had Ryles / Naquama / Morris / Hornby and I'm sure a few others out. Adds to how close the game was, and confident you guys should be next year.
5. Beau Scott. How far has he come along since joining you guys from The Sharks. That player alone tells me that Brown is a coach that can improve his players.

Anyway lads good game - put a real scare through us @ Brooky.

Cheers,

Ribs

Bench
Cheers Ryan. I dont think we'll be taking too much out of that second half though. You guys were in cruise mode after half time.

We need to play for 80 minutes, its that simple. Young kids are good for about 70 it seems, but in saying that it was our experienced player in Cooper that was largely responsible for the 10 minute debacle this time.

Good luck in the finals.

good on ya Ryan.

Yes it is a fact that he dislikes us, more so the supporters over 'that' incident, although I can think of atleast 2.

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Dragonsforthewin said:
good on ya Ryan.

Yes it is a fact that he dislikes us, more so the supporters over 'that' incident, although I can think of atleast 2.

I'm tempted to make it three if he keeps reffing like that.

Morrow

Juniors
Another point to this arguement is the penalty that was awarded against Beau Scott for the incorrect play the ball when were hammering their line in the second half.

I have watched every game for the last 4 weeks and can say that I have seen play the balls that were worse than that allowed to play on. After that penalty I count 4 times that he could have penalsied Manly for the same infringement but because he is such a weed he didn't. He nit picks and looks for things to penalise us for.

Hang em up Steve you are a worm.

Looking forward to 2008 and seeing how Wendell goes

Ribs

Bench
Yeah I remember that penalty Morrow...... if you see a replay look at Clark when he gives this one. He is right there peering into the ruck after a few of our players gave it to him for them lying all over us.

He was looking for something.

Godz Illa

Coach
Yep, he was looking to nab Beau Scott for complaining about the slow ruck (which was happening all game). In a completely typical show of Clark's paradox of arrogance and insecurity he penalised Scott for daring to tell him how to do his job. I cannot believe he has been gifted a first grade finals appointment this week. I wouldn't have him refereeing an under 6's match.

The Preacher

First Grade
Godz Illa said:
I wouldn't have him refereeing an under 6's match.

I wouldn't have him refereeing an U/6's match either. They're very entertaining games, and having someone like that goose ruining it could turn kids off footy for life.

Morrow

Juniors
All,

Thansk for the Warm Welome. I agree with the sumation that he is infact to C*ck and cannot wait for the days he pulls the pin.

Look forward to posting again soon