What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Storm v Broncos on Channel 9

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The thread will be inevitable so I'll make it.

Channel 9 in their infinite wisdom have scheduled the following for this coming Friday...

Sydney: 7:30pm Bulldogs/Eels (live), 9:30 Storm/Broncos (delayed)

Brisbane: 7:30pm Storm/Broncos (live), 9:30 Bulldogs/Eels (delayed)

Yes, you'd now say "thanks captain obvious"... here's the kicker:

Melbourne:

7:30pm Two and a Half Men

8:00pm Two and a Half Men

8:30pm The Mentalist

9:30pm CSI: Crime Scene Investigation

10:30pm CSI: Miami

then, if you're still awake

11:30pm: Storm/Broncos

1:30am: Bulldogs/Eels

Fire away.

docbrown

Coach
I don't know about anyone else but I'm NSW and I'm more interested in the Storm/Broncos game.

That said - yes - NEIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Granted I'm a 'Dogs fan but there are a plethora of reasons that Dogs/Eels should be the NSW game, would never be in question.

I'm in Queensland, but will wait until 9:30 until I turn the footy on since I have less than zero desire to watch Brisbane vs Melbourne.

As for the Victorian times, I'm guessing Ch. 9 only put the Melbourne Sunday games on at the same time as NSW and Qld since ratings for Sunday mid-afternoon would be pretty soft anyway. I would rather Friday night went live around the nation, but it just isn't going to happen while Ch. 9 is in charge of the schedule.

Big Pete

Referee
For the first time in a long time Queensland get the better game first.

Can't wait, will be a beauty.

Jason Maher

Immortal
I hate both the Broncos and the Storm with a passion, but anyone who can't see that it is the better game by a fair stretch has taken leave of their intelligence. I know the Eels/Dogs rivalry is big, but it's a squabble over 12th on the ladder (a position both teams richly deserve on form).

I hate both the Broncos and the Storm with a passion, but anyone who can't see that it is the better game by a fair stretch has taken leave of their intelligence. I know the Eels/Dogs rivalry is big, but it's a squabble over 12th on the ladder (a position both teams richly deserve on form).

No doubt Brisbane vs Melbourne will be the better football game, but I personally have no desire to watch either side. Hate the Broncos, and despise Melbourne.

BWNB

First Grade

+1

aidenburke

Juniors
I love all games of league and the Broncs and Melbourne will be an excellent game, who cares if you dislike the sides, its league!! What did they do kill your family? Even then I'd probably still watch them play.
Most Importantly I need to know where are you finding stubbies of Old Brown...

Danny-Boy

Juniors
Ahhhh crap. Would rather watch the thrillfest that will be Storm vs Broncos. Instead we'll be watching the snoozer.

juro

Bench
Well does anyone have details of what 2.5 men and CSI rates normally at that time?

MightyBronco

Juniors
I'm getting a bit over 2 friday night games. Used to love it, but now i rarely watch the 2nd. Usually because its something like Dogs/Eels...lol..

Would much prefer 2 sunday games. Live. Back to back.

bobmar28

Bench
Hopefully after 2013 we will have the alternate game live on the digital channel so you could choose which game to watch.