What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Streaming Finds

Nutz

Bench
Anyone got and great streaming finds, live or not.
ATM I'm really enjoying "Escape To Rural France" on YouTube.
It's about an average Joe making a daily VLOG about him restoring a burnt out chateau in a rural France setting mostly by himself.
The guy is making a small fortune off YouTube.
The first vid is his initial one and the second is ½ way through the build.
If you like the first one go back and watch 2 a day until you catch up.
I now this forum can be a popularity contest for some trolls from other forums but I am what I am and not ashamed or frightened to put myself out there ha ha.
So by popular request following my outstanding thread "What's for Dinner" here is "Nutz play of the day"

Nutz

Bench
I don’t watch much telly at all, these days.
But I did watch a Netflix documentary on the second world wars, it was very good and well explained.
From memory it was 4 or 6 episodes.
Yeh I love that stuff Tm. There are heaps on Tubi.
I like the colorized and remastered stuff of WW1. They had it so tough in those days.
Lest We Forget.

If you don't have Tubi it's well worth installing it on your android device/tv if you have unlimited broadband.
Tubi is 100% is free and has less adds than YouTube.

macnaz

Staff member
If anyone is interested in Australian WW2 history this is a really great little doco.
Ive read and watched so much about this group called Z Special Unit since i was involved in a refit of this remarkable boat called MV Krait which was used in a daring operation to attack Singapore. Anyway its just a little snippet of the story but its a special tribute . Hope u all can watch and enjoy.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-04-24/the-story-of-the-krait/8466640

Tigerm

First Grade
If anyone is interested in Australian WW2 history this is a really great little doco.
Ive read and watched so much about this group called Z Special Unit since i was involved in a refit of this remarkable boat called MV Krait which was used in a daring operation to attack Singapore. Anyway its just a little snippet of the story but its a special tribute . Hope u all can watch and enjoy.

Cool, is that you with the hat on?
I watched a small series on WW2, (Netflix) in colour, last week, brilliant.

axl rose

Bench

Amazing story. Much appreciated.

macnaz

Staff member
Amazing story. Much appreciated.
This is a movie made about Z Special and the Krait ,it is one of a few but this one is very accurate apart from having to compress what was a long arduous mission to prepare and fit it into a movie.
Hope everyone finds the time to watch , the video quality isnt great but the story of our Australian heroes is ridiculously more then great.

Nutz

Bench

Unsung heroes macca.
There are a lot of operations that went unnoticed by the public for political and sensitive reasons that is difficult for defense personnel to cope with, mainly their families.

Last edited:

Nutz

Bench
Australian bushrangers fascinate me. An ex copper started a series on them [Geerlings Digital Moments]
I can understand how these men became what they are from repression, corrupt authorities and hardship. Some were just theives and murderers.
Here's a couple from his library.

Tigerm

First Grade
Australian bushrangers fascinate me. An ex copper started a series on them [Geerlings Digital Moments]
I can understand how these men became what they are from repression, corrupt authorities and hardship. Some were just theives and murderers.
Here's a couple from his library.

I do follow the bushrangers a bit, I have read about Ben Hall and have been to Eugowra to look at the robbery area and to Bathurst to look at his grave. It’s claimed he didn’t kill anybody, but he certainly robbed a few.
IMG_0859.jpeg
our first member of the 27 club?

Tigerm

First Grade
I do follow the bushrangers a bit, I have read about Ben Hall and have been to Eugowra to look at the robbery area and to Bathurst to look at his grave. It’s claimed he didn’t kill anybody, but he certainly robbed a few.
View attachment 83382
our first member of the 27 club?
Can’t download the Eugowra photos for some reason?

Tigerm

First Grade
I’ve just finished a 6 part series on Netflix about Alexander the Great,
It mainly centres around his battles and victories over the Persian Empire?
For one so young. he was quite brilliant.

Nutz

Bench
I’ve just finished a 6 part series on Netflix about Alexander the Great,
It mainly centres around his battles and victories over the Persian Empire?
For one so young. he was quite brilliant.
He had big gonads that's for sure. Persian's rule was brought to an end by Alexander, a brilliant military and political strategist. He was Greak
The Persian armies remind me of yanks in WW2 and onwards....to win they just had more troops and bigger weapons, not necessarily more brains, just more resources.
But having the most spud guns doesn't ensure victory.

Tigerm

First Grade
He had big gonads that's for sure. Persian's rule was brought to an end by Alexander, a brilliant military and political strategist. He was Greak
The Persian armies remind me of yanks in WW2 and onwards....to win they just had more troops and bigger weapons, not necessarily more brains, just more resources.
But having the most spud guns doesn't ensure victory.
But these days, it probably helps hahaha

Latest posts