What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suggestions anyone?

Bubbles

Juniors
I am looking for suggestions for quality tv shows to watch. I have a regime whereby I have been picking a particular show to watch an episode a day, but the twist being that I can only watch it when I'm on the treadmill, a strategy that is working a treat I've got to tell you!!

So, it must be gripping and keep my attention the whole time so I forget the pain I'm in. My favourite shows are Breaking Bad, Dexter, Game of Thrones and Supernatural and I am almost through Homeland which I'm also really loving, so as you can see I love me a bit of blood, gore and general violence in my tv viewing.

Over to you guys, as I really need the next non-cookie cutter, a cut above the rest show to keep me going on that treadmill!!!

Sounds like you would like The Walking Dead. If you don't mind going back in time I recommend Oz or The Wire since you're looking to pass time exercising.

You're doing pretty well to watch Breaking Bad on the treadmill lol I lock myself away to watch in peace

Bubbles

Juniors
Thanks for these. Never heard of Walking Dead but will check it out online. TT Breaking Bad was interesting on the treadmill; I learnt pretty quickly to grip the rails in intense moments having learnt the hard way after a couple of unfortunate misstep incidents lol. Still, I did not move my eyes from that screen and felt no pain whatsoever thanks to the pure awesomeness that it is!

I hired the first season of Deadwood ages and ages ago and was really enjoying it, but I think we were moving or something and I was forced t abandon it half way through and just never picked it up again. Boardwalk Empire I went to hire not that long ago but it was out at the time so I got something else instead.

Hmm... decisions!

hellteam

First Grade
Friday night lights is pretty good, bit less dramatic than others listed, and older

Bubbles

Juniors
Am into season 2 of Walking Dead and loving it - some quality zombie gore happening. It is definitely keeping me going on that treadmill, which was the mission. Have got the first couple of seasons of Deadwood on the way, so I think I'm set for a while at least. I've heard how good Sons of Anarchy is, but I have such a mindset about the whole bikie scene, which doesn't interest me in the slightest. Is it one of those shows that transcends its subject matter?

Thanks for the suggestions all - cheers!!

some11

Referee
I've heard how good Sons of Anarchy is, but I have such a mindset about the whole bikie scene, which doesn't interest me in the slightest. Is it one of those shows that transcends its subject matter?

Ehh, not really haha.

Someone mentioned Boardwalk, If you want to be pumped up on a treadmill it has its moments but its mostly dialogue/politics.

Bubbles

Juniors
Am now up to date with Walking Dead, including 1st ep of Season 3 - love it, so thanks whoever suggested that, spot on! Have just started Deadwood this morning - gone from a 42 min session with WD to 59 mins with Deadwood!! Great show; I had forgotten that the c-bomb is used more in this than in any other television show before lol! Will have to look up how many seasons of this I've got, but then I'm on to Justified, I think.