What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Super League 2012 Predictions

Daza_06

Juniors
How does everyone think the upcoming 2013 (title is incorrect) season will end? This is just my thoughts let me know what you think.

1. Leeds
2. Warrington
3. St Helens
4. Wigan
5. Huddersfield
6. Hull FC
7. Catalans
8. Hull KR
9. Wakefield
10. Bradford
11. Castleford
12. Widnes
13. London
14. Salford

In my head I don't think Leeds will win the comp again but they have the perfect blend of youth and experience. With the youth already at an international level you would expect they can only improve.

If Warrington don't win it this year when will they? Lots of experience and great depth with one of (if not) the best coaches in the comp.

St Helens have got it all, youth, international experience, good buys, leaders and a great academy. I just don't have the trust in Nathan Brown on delivering a premiership... Am I alone on this analysis on Brown.

Wigan have lost some very influential players within the team and will find them hard to replace. A young side that will develop throughout the season but won't quite have the strength to beat the other 3.

The top 4 are the only sides I can see winning the premiership. I struggled positioning the other sides. I think Wakefield and Hull FC will surprise me and finish higher than what I have placed them. Both have good coaches and that can never be underestimated.

Last edited:

deal.with.it

Juniors
So the same clubs at the bottom? Sad that their future is already determined. London really need to perform, particularly spending the whole salary cap.

It will be exactly the same. As always. Assuming Salford even survive. The only changes might be that Wigan drop a bit because they don't have their imported halves and Hull improve slightly.

The Clan

Juniors
1. Warrington
2. Wigan
3. Leeds
4. St Helens
5. Hull FC
6. Huddersfield
7. Catalans
8. Wakefield
9. Hull KR
10. Bradford
11. London
12. Widnes
13. Castleford
14. Salford

LeedsStorm

Juniors
1. Wire
2. Saints
3. Leeds
4. Wigan
5. Hull
6. Wakefield
7. Catalan
8. Bradford
9. Huddersfield
10. Rovers
11. London
12. Cas
13. Widnes
14. Salford

Daza_06

Juniors
The Super League is a lot more predictable then the NRL thats for sure. It looks as though the top 4 and bottom 4 teams are decided in no particular order. Its the middle that is most unpredictable.

Top 4:
Leeds
Warrington
St Helens
Wigan

Middle:
Huddersfield
Hull FC
Catalans
Hull KR
Wakefield
Bradford

Bottom 4:
Castleford
Widnes
London
Salford

coldhardbitch

Juniors
A bit different from me:

Hull FC
Wire
Leeds
St Helen's
Wakefield
Catalans
Wigan
Huddersfield
Widnes
Bradford
Castleford
London
Hull KR
Salford

Patorick

Staff member
Not sure about Wigan, Blake Green, Matty Smith and Sam Powell don't fill me with too much positivity in the halves. Sam Tomkins is like an extra half anyway.

Thomas Leuluai's the big loss, Brett Finch and George Carmont not so much, IMO.

JasonE

Bench
I hope Hull KR have a good season because even though they still carry too many overseas players they have made a big effort in recruiting young English players. some are still very raw but hopefully coach Craig Sandercock can develop them into top quality players.

deluded pom?

Coach
I reckon Leeds will win the GF beating Warrington 26-18 at Old Trafford. I predict Kevin Sinfield will be MOM. Wigan to win the monor premiers title and Warrington to beat Leeds in the Challenge Cup final 35-18.

Daza_06

Juniors
I reckon Leeds will win the GF beating Warrington 26-18 at Old Trafford. I predict Kevin Sinfield will be MOM. Wigan to win the monor premiers title and Warrington to beat Leeds in the Challenge Cup final 35-18.

hahaha took a while for anyone to notice. My bad 2013 predictions.

Apart from the score I think your prediction still isn't a bad one as only 4 teams are in it

WireMan

Bench
The Super League is a lot more predictable then the NRL thats for sure. It looks as though the top 4 and bottom 4 teams are decided in no particular order. Its the middle that is most unpredictable.

Lets not start this again. Last year we were told one of 13 clubs could win the NRL..

Its stupid, pointless and not true.

Anyways for what its worth.

1. Wire
2. Saints
3. Hull
4. Wigan
5. Catalan
6. Leeds
7. Huddersfield
8. London
9. Wakey
10. Bradford
11. Hull KR
12. Cas
13. Widnes
14. Salford

Harrigan

Juniors
1. St Helens
2. Warrington
3. Leeds
4. Catalan
5. Wigan
6. Hull
7. Huddersfield
8. Hull KR
-------------------
9. Bradford
10. Wakefield
11. Castleford
12. London
13. Widnes
14. Salford

There's just something about Wigan that bugs me at the moment. People dont give Finch enough credit for how they played and losing both him and Leuluai from the halfs will be too big of a gap to fill all at once. Not to mention the other good players they have lost nd replaced with lower caliber signings, IMO.

Still, they have some good kids and as these kids have been showing all over the league the last couple of years, they are better than whats already been there.