What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Super League Grand Final

Harrigan

Juniors
Individual tickets still available in a lot of areas around the ground but from a marketing point of view it's "sold out"

Anyway, 2 VERY even teams. No one could pick a winner and be 100% confident of the outcome. Leeds will miss Stevie Ward's metres and work rate against a good Wigan pack but Delaney isn't a bad back up. Just makes the bench a bit weaker which is where I thought we suffered against Saints.

I think it'll be a close one separated by only the odd point but it should be a great one and whoever wins truly deserves it as there's been nothing between these two all year.

Evil Homer

Staff member
Funny that this will have almost twice the attendance of the huge England vs Uruguay RU match across town at the same time, I wonder which will get more media coverage.

LeedsStorm

Juniors
Individual tickets still available in a lot of areas around the ground but from a marketing point of view it's "sold out"

Anyway, 2 VERY even teams. No one could pick a winner and be 100% confident of the outcome. Leeds will miss Stevie Ward's metres and work rate against a good Wigan pack but Delaney isn't a bad back up. Just makes the bench a bit weaker which is where I thought we suffered against Saints.

I think it'll be a close one separated by only the odd point but it should be a great one and whoever wins truly deserves it as there's been nothing between these two all year.

Many questions arising. Do Leeds have enough steam to complete a historic treble? Can they beat the pie eaters for the first time in a major final? Will Wigan resort to thuggery and lose another player to a red card? Will Sir Kev lift his seventh SL title on his final game? Will Eddie and Stevo finally retire? Will Foxtel manage to show the game without any major f*ck ups? Will any one in Australia give a rats as its at 4am?

Agree it'll be tight. Hoping Leeds want it more

LeedsStorm

Juniors
Dont tell me 9 arent showing it.

They haven't shown a superleague game for years. Eurosport showed it live last year but failed to alter their clocks to daylight savings time (a week before). That meant everyone who recorded it missed the last hour. Mind boggling amateurism

In fairness, foxtel have done a good job this year. Its a shame it takes Todd Carney to move there and play for fox to justify the cost but can't complain. Hopefully they keep coverage going until after the trophy is presented (unlike the cup)

JasonE

Bench
Dom Manfredi has been so good every time I have seen him this season. I don't really rate Charnley.

The Partisan

Well won't be getting up 3am ( i think for us in Qld ?) but will watch at a more respectable hour with the wake - up coffee and corn flakes !

Watched a fair share of SL this year and thought the Fox coverage to be great with all the pre game chat etc.

As for the GF.........I'd like to see ex NQ Cowboy Matty Bowen get his own premiership .... so Wigan by 11 for me.

Hopefully the game has a few eyes watching from visiting Union fans unfamiliar with RL.

scribbs

Juniors
As a Huddersfield Giants fan I don't care who wins, dislike them both but will be watching as they tend to be battles of attrition.

Bowen had a bit of a roller-coaster ride in SL but form has been outstanding this year.