What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Super League Round 15 Results

Fairleigh Good!

Juniors
St Helens 38 - 24 Leeds Att: 13,236
Hull 24 - 42 Bradford Att: 11,563
Warrington 38 - 30 Wakefield Att: 10,013
Widnes 40 - 12 Huddersfield Att: 5,946
London 70 - 16 Leigh Att: 3,522
Salford 20 - 34 Wigan Att: 5,526

Awesome start for Daniel Anderson. Leeds were never really in the game once Saints had cancelled out their early score.

Great showing by Bradford against Hull, they looked like scoring every time they had the ball.

Wakefield fought back well to trouble Warrington, but they held on to move into 5th!

Widnes' victory over Huddersfield was important, but potentially ruined by London's victory over Leigh.

Wigan off to a good start under Millward. Who's idea was it to have Wiganer as the video referee though?;-)

bartman

Immortal
Seem reports of St Helens demise were greatly exagerated?

Evens things up a bit at the top. Hull v Bradford should be a great contest tonight...

Fairleigh Good!

Juniors
bartman said:
Seem reports of St Helens demise were greatly exagerated?

Evens things up a bit at the top. Hull v Bradford should be a great contest tonight...

Yes, I was one of those who thought the events of the past 3 weeks would destroy our season. The players though responded magnificently last night, following on from 2 very lethargic performances.

St.John

Juniors
Fairleigh Good! said:
St Helens 38 - 24 Leeds Att: 13,236

Awesome start for Daniel Anderson. Leeds were never really in the game once Saints had cancelled out their early score.

If that crowd was 13,236 I'll eat my own arse. It was well more than that.

JasonE

Bench
Also good to see Anderson not afraid to use his top youngsters in a big game, Hardman Graham & Roby.

bartman

Immortal
Yep. But generally it seems hot at home, cold away....

I'm also having trouble working out Huddersfield's form week to week? They are my tipping competition bug-bears.

hutch

First Grade
St.John said:
If that crowd was 13,236 I'll eat my own arse. It was well more than that.

yeah what was the official figure for the game. i have a mate over there who went to it and he said the atmosphere was like nothing he has experienced. i would be extremely surprised if a huge game like this drew only 13k.

Evil Homer

Staff member
Weasels Ripped My Flesh said:
Poor Wakey :(

Let's hope Widnes lose alot more games so Wakey stay up :)

I'd rather Widnes stay up TBH.They have a better(as in non-sh*thole) stadium and far better average crowd.The Wakefield fans are also some of the nastiest and most abusive I've met,I've seen several nasty incidents at Wakey through the years.

Fairleigh Good!

Juniors
As a Saints fan I must say I'm rooting for Widnes to stay up. They are a real club, with passionate supporters. They average around 5-6k at the basement of Super League. With a few top 6 seasons, they would average 10k. That really is all that is missing from that club, success.

And by the way, I'm off to sunny Cornwall for the next few weeks so there will be no score updating from me for a few weeks.

bartman

Immortal
Enjoy Cornwall FG!

Thanks for these regular score updates, and I'm sure your role will still be waiting for you when you return.

JasonE

Bench
Widnes also have a fairly strong youth set up, apparently lots of good kids coming through the 16's & 18's.

Latest posts