What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Surely not - Did Eddie fake his death

IS EDDIE GUERRERO STILL ALIVE?

By Kenny Casanova from www.KennyCasanova.com

k9casanova@aol.com

Ok… Now some people will want to beat me for saying this, but I find myself asking a question that isn’t appropriate in any light. However, it feels like WWE is booking something that doesn’t seem possible and I have found myself asking myself a silly question whenever I turn on WWE. …Is Eddie Guerrero still alive?

My feeling is other people have suspected this, but no one has the pistachios to come out and say it. So here I go; Eddie Guerrero’s death could all be a big super smart angle for a return at Wrestlemania.

My brother-in-law is not a wrestling fan, but comes over to eat wings when we get PPVs. He saw some of what was going on with Rey Mysterio and wanted to know if Eddie was still alive. Whether fans want to say it or not, recent WWE storylines are making it seem like Eddie Guerrero’s death HAS BEEN BOOKED BY A PROMOTER.

Why would Vince McMahon want to go there? Why would a global megalithic corporation like WWE want to fake the death of one of its superstar performers, risking the possible backlash that would occur from worldwide media and its fans? SIMPLE… WWE figured out this formula a long time ago…Bad publicity is good publicity.

In a day when it is impossible to fool the fans due to the widely used lighting quick communication resource called the Internet, the WWE knows that "strategic leaks" are the only way you can really throw off the modern wrestling fan and subsequently create interest. Recent examples of this have shown that there is money to be made from false leaks if it is done correctly.

The Edge & Hardy scandal was amplified, exploited and leaked, then turned into a moneymaker (though it was too bad Matt Hardy botched his return promo)… Chris Jericho puts up a TNA logo on his site to keep interest on him. Go back a few years and you will see other examples. Brian Pillman convinced WCW to break his contract so his crazy gimmick looked legit to anyone who might do the research (only to jump to WWF.) Vince Russo drops false rumors on the Internet to throw fans off to create more shock when storylines go the other way. Austin amplifies his hatred toward Eric Bischoff in an ECW stint to get sympathy from the crowd and to push the envelope of boss-hating.

Good wrestling promoters have a history of twisting the truth to make the most believable storylines going (i.e. Road Warrior Hawk drunk angle, Bret got screwed angle, N.W.O. and other various invasion plots etc…) The promoters even work the wrestlers to get the leaks that they want these days and visa-versa.

There is so much foreshadowing going on that makes me think WWE is planning an "Eddie Return." I know that odds of this are slim, and that this blog will be looked at as a big conspiracy theory. I agree with you and it is wrong to say it. But it would be even more wrong if they did it. What if Eddie’s death was a work? If it is, it is the greatest and, at the same time, the rudest work of all time.

I have asked a number of people in the business what they think about this and they say all about the same thing. "You are crazy," or "I think that would be too F’ed up," but after I drop a few little bombs on them that have made me wonder, they have wondered too.

The last time Eddie was on television, Ken Kennedy had hit him in the head with a chair. After the match, there was a promo with Batista. His head was all bandaged up and Batista was concerned. The last words Eddie said were, "Don’t worry about me, I am going to be alright." This footage might be revisited if this is a big rude angle.

At the Eddie Guerrero Press Conference, Vince McMahon and Chavo Guerrero seemed to me to have too much composure. At the time when I watched it, I figured to myself, "Wow, Chavo is doing such a great job." He didn’t seem sad and I figured if it were me, I would have been bawling my eyes out. I wondered why at the time and then resolved that it must just be he knew this day would eventually come, or maybe they were not as close as he had always told everyone. I look back now and wonder if this is a work, did Chavo think it wasn’t going to work.

Either there was and still is a lot of bad taste going on, or Eddie is still alive. Vince McMahon is a bastard, but grilling Eddie’s wife Vickie, a day or so after his death on live TV?!? How does someone even approach the option? How can you ask a widow to appear on TV when her husband isn’t even in the ground yet? Does WWE have no respect for dead people and mourning? Or did Vickie just get off the phone with a clean-shaven bald-headed Eddie Guerrero who is camping out in Jamaica?

Well if Eddie is alive and hiding out, how could this secret have lasted for four months? My guess is, if this is a work, the lockerroom could still be partially kayfabed to cut down possible leaks. And moreover, Eddie is probably just camping out, or maybe getting some kind of surgery somewhere and is indeed out of the public eye.

The WWE Raw & Smackdown Tribute shows seemed to contrived. While some of the wrestlers seemed very upset and concerned, others seemed like they needed to play to the camera. Now it is impossible to speculate (if this is a work) who knew and who did not know at the time of these shows. It is possible that only a tight group of people actually know the truth and might not have known the truth at the time of filming. I would suspect some (like Benoit) were informed immediately after the shooting with Eddie calling them. But even at that, Rey Mysterio did not seem moved at all. Mysterio taking off his mask seemed like the cliché "let’s make this look real" thing to do.

The tribute shows had a tinge of bullsh*t to them. The commentators on both shows said, "Eddie would have wanted this," about a hundred times to validate what seemed like a moneymaker. This could be foreshadowing Vince blaming a return angle on Eddie, to keep the heat off of him in the future.

It is fact that most wrestlers have never been great actors, and the few who are have usually moved on to bigger and better the things. At the tribute shows, there was definitely a vibe of bad acting going on, which to me smells like a work. But were the wrestlers working the fans due to a future storyline, or because they felt obligated to be teary-eyed and were not?

One theory on the bad-acting vibe is maybe the wrestlers thought that they should be crying but were not, so they tried to. Seemed like some of the wrestlers were forcing themselves to cry because they thought that is what they should do in this situation, but the tears just were not turning on …It is possible that forced tears is the product of a desensitization to wrestler deaths –seeing how there have been so many. HOWEVER, forced tears could also be the product of the bad acting that goes along with another storyline.

I am sure that WWE knows how big the next-night ratings were when Pillman passed away and also Owen Hart. But they never had TWO tribute shows, due to a death in the family, nor has any death lasted as long with so much TV time and recognition as this one has.

WWE has referenced Eddie’s death NUMEROUS times every single show. It has continuously reminded the fans by armbands on Chavo (on Raw) and Rey Mysterio (on Smackdown) that Eddie Guerrero is no longer with us. Either this is a super sign of respect for the dead and the WWE has finally got it and learned that life is valuable and we should not forget, or (gulp) …it means something else, something I hate to even think of.

It means we need to remember Eddie’s death, for a big twist ending at Wrestlemania that rivals pop culture’s desire for twist endings (i.e. Fight Club & Saw). It means that WWE knows people think Tupac is still alive and have figured out how to make money off of people’s inabilities to let go of loved ones.

Eddie Guerrero’s book is ironically titled "Cheating Death."

With a widespread headline death like this one, it seems odd that there isn’t much out there to validate it. Findagrave.com has Owen Hart’s tombstone, but there is only a picture of the cemetery that Eddie is supposed to be in. The Smoking Gun has no documents at this time, relating to his death, though documents would not necessarily prove anything anyhow. I also cannot find any evidence that a life insurance check has been cashed.

The funeral was private with only a few dozen or so family and friends. The list of people are all related to the wrestling business. The funeral itself was ministered by SUPERSTAR BILLY GRAHAM - another wrestler.

Foreshadowing was light in the first few months, but now it is seemingly becoming more heavy with Benoit now joining Chavo and Mysterio using signature Eddie moves. If you watch and think about how foreshadowing could be a possibility, you will see why I am writing this right now, be it reluctant or not.

Current WWE programming has incorporated the entire Eddie Guerrero death into a storyline that is involving his wife, his best friends, and his nephew. One reason that makes me subscribe to this conspiracy theory is that these people would NOT want a part of this. Another reason I am in quandary is that I cannot understand how a writer for Smackdown can approach someone and even ask them to say "Eddie is not up there in heaven Rey, he is down there (in hell.)" With Eddie being a religious man, I would gather this would not bode well around those who loved him.

MORE FORESHADOWING… At No Way Out, they spent so much seemingly unnecessary time on Rey Mysterio when the match was over that WWE has to be planning something big. At No Way Out, Rey Mysterio lost his Wrestlemania spot to Randy Orton. He is mortified that he "let Eddie down" and lingers in the ring forever. Then he walks down a line of wrestlers in sorrow.

Rey supposedly dedicated his Royal Rumble match win to Eddie. He has now lost his Wrestlemania spot and this sets up a much-needed climax for a big finish at what WWE considers their biggest event of any year. A typical storyline in literature places a hero in must-win situation to avenge the dead, and all fingers should have been pointing at Rey to win at Wrestlemania. Now, they could still book this, with Teddy Long coming out on the next Smackdown and saying that Orton will have to now take on Rey as well in a three way at Wrestlemania, due to the fact that he held the ropes during the pin. However, another way to book this comes to mind as well.

Imagine Wrestlemania. A Rey Mysterio run-in fails and Randy Orton is beating the crap out of him in front of Vickie Guerrero (who is sitting at ringside collecting an appearance check.) Eddie out of nowhere jumps the fence, knocks out Orton. Rey looks up in disbelief. The audience is stunned. The next night on RAW… "I liiiiiied!"

It just seems likely that if Vince McMahon wanted to pick one wrestler to pull off the biggest work of all time and have him fake his death, he would pick the one whose maxim is "I Lie, I Cheat. I Steal."

I am a wrestling manager; my ring name is Kenny Casanova. I did not know Eddie very well, but did have an opportunity to work with him on a few occasions. I hung out with him one weekend, driving him around Massachusetts for a couple of shows and he seemed like a great guy. He was constantly on the phone with his family and joking with people. He stopped in the mall to talk to a few fans. He was really down to earth. Before you blast me, keep in mind that this blog has in no way been written to disrespect him, but rather to disrespect the potential ruse that WWE might be planning.

I don’t believe in ghosts. I doubt the government is hiding information about life on other planets from us. I do not subscribe to conspiracy theories. However, this could be one of the BIGGEST ruses in history. If this is a big work, I have mixed emotions about it. I say kudos to Vince for looking at how people have subscribed to such fallacies in pop culture, such as Tupac or Elvis being still alive and figured out a way to capitalize on it. At the same time, I also think it is a work in bad taste and the trust factor would be out the window forever.

I will, however, not be shocked at Wrestlemania if an angle in wrestling were able to once again finally fool such a large population. It is slightly possible, that the Internet did not prevail this time, and the wool has been pulled over the eyes of millions. Even the smartest of all smart marks, could all be classified as gullible marks once again.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
I say kudos to Vince for looking at how people have subscribed to such fallacies in pop culture, such as Tupac or Elvis being still alive and figured out a way to capitalize on it.

But there is mystery surrounding Tupac, he was murdered in cold blood with 100s of witnesses around and 10 years later we're still no closer to knowing who did it than when he was first shot. Couple that with the fact that he was desperate to get out of his contract with Suge Knight and that at least justifies some people believing the whole thing was faked.

Is Eddie alive? No way. Vince is a bad man, but also a smart one. I would stop watching wrestling for good if Vince went to the lengths of faking the death of a legend like Eddie. Too many tears were shed by people who didn't even know him for this to have any kind of positive affect on ratings. Plus Eddie wouldn't put himself, his fans, his family or his friends through this. Vicki agreed to use the Eddie storyline because she knew that's what he would have wanted (or at least thought it).

Eddie is gone, I wish people would just accept things like this instead of looking for a conspiracy theory behind it.

You can't fake tears like Benoit's, that's proof enough for me.

ParraDude_Jay said:
Plus Eddie wouldn't put himself, his fans, his family or his friends through this. Vicki agreed to use the Eddie storyline

Obviously those close to him would be aware.

Mr Saab

Referee
If this was fake then the WWE would lose all cred that it has...and thats not too much as it is anyway.
Eddie is gone.
Kenny Casonova needs a reality check.

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
I stopped reading about half way down but anyway

1) No way. Surely in 5 months to Wrestlemania Eddie is not going to hide out and be seen by noone. I mean surely someone would of seen him then leaked it around.
2) This would be the most disgusting angle ever in WWE. To play with the fans emotions like that is barbaric. Come on faking a death, is it even legal? I mean unless theyve gone full under cover and got the support of every high authority company in the USA and told them to keep it quiet .... even then you would think it would be leaked.
3) I dont agree with what this guys saying about the wrestlers showing no emotion at the tribute show, to me they all looked shattered well most of them and just cause Vince and Chavo werent crying 12 hours later at a press conference doesnt mean anything. You can hide emotions, some people can anyway.
4) I would not no why the family and Eddie would agree to do this , it is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. It would put so many people through trauma and Im not sure about you, but while the original reaction would be great when he came back, I dont think I could still be a fan of his if he has done that to me pretending to die.
5) Hall of fame? I mean I dont see why theyd put him in if he was really 'alive'.

Mr Saab said:
If this was fake then the WWE would lose all cred that it has...and thats not too much as it is anyway.
Eddie is gone.
Kenny Casonova needs a reality check.

Its just an oppinion by the guy.

I dont believe he faked it for second but you've gotta admit saab it would be sensational publicity.

Mr Saab

Referee
there is bad publicity and there is BAD publicity.
Getting tyson at WM14 was gold...it pushed the WWF over the top of WCW.
Messing with life and death...thats something else.

The storyline concerning Eddie has been sicker if its not IMO, making $ off a dead person is as low as you can get.

His wife including her self in the $ making storyline is a disgrace.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Whilst I don't deem it possible, the reasons people are giving are just stupid. Vince McMahon worrying about bad publicity? Jesus Christ - this is the man who had Triple H mock Kane by f**king a dead woman. He performed a fifteen minute colonoscopy on one of his supposed best friends (which greatly offended JR). He teased an 'Eddie is a child molester' angle early in the Rey/Eddie feud.

Personally I'd mark out like a motherf**ker for it, but I know it won't happen.

bender

Juniors
CWBush said:
Whilst I don't deem it possible, the reasons people are giving are just stupid. Vince McMahon worrying about bad publicity? Jesus Christ - this is the man who had Triple H mock Kane by f**king a dead woman. He performed a fifteen minute colonoscopy on one of his supposed best friends (which greatly offended JR). He teased an 'Eddie is a child molester' angle early in the Rey/Eddie feud.

Personally I'd mark out like a motherf**ker for it, but I know it won't happen.

I agree. I think it would be a huge angle and I would be going off if it were true. It might make eddie the biggest heel ever and the Lie cheat and steal gimmick would fit it perfectly. Actually, i have always thought that Hulk Hogan could pull the death angle off, or at least i would like to see it with him hulking up the grim reaper. However, i think that the similarityof the tribute show to the Owen Hart tribute show means it really would be in too bad a taste, even for Vince. If it werent for the Owen Hart situation, i actually think that it would be a work. At the moment i would say 99% no. Although in wrestling there is always a 1% chance of anything.

Jono078

Referee
I've always thought about it aswell.. That is was all a big angle..

For one id be happy to see Eddie comeback... But really would WWE do something like this?

Raider_69

Post Whore
not gonna happen, and nor should it, Chris you'd mark for the WWE using something like this to pull a swerve? As ive said before, for someone who loves to bag the WWE you dont when you get the best chances

If the WWE pulled this, i would never watch a program of their again... Vince has done some very rotten things in his time, but this would out stink them all by a long way.

Pistol

Coach
I wont even entertain the notion that this is an angle. Its too outlandish. The man has passed away. Let him rest.

I know Vince is a pretty sneaky guy but even this is way beyond him.

Ridders

Coach
agreed....vince may be bad but this would be just at a whole new level....the fact that all the wrestlers broke kayfabe at both eddie guerrero tributes is good enough for me....the tears that benoit shed are proof enough for me....eddie's gone and he won't be comin back so just let his soul RIP

Latest posts