What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Surely their papers are stamped at Panthers .

roofromoz

First Grade
The dogs are able to skip the experienced plodder stage of the rebuild.

We signed guys like Ciraldo and Clint Newton.

Ciraldo paid off in other ways but took a few years to have a good roster.

We knew what to expect in 2012 before a ball was kicked. To not finish with the wooden spoon that year was a nice bonus.

2013 was a pleasant surprise.

2014 was a mix of the outside signings plus the best of the 2013 Toyota Cup squad also stepping up.

If the Bulldogs are going all right in the lower grades (not sure if they are or not) then the cream of that crop should complement well with the outside recruits.

Also, historically the Bulldogs don't generally go this many years without at least a finals appearance, so this big splash is an intent to get back up there. Plus also, they had not been operating on a 100% cap for a few years because of the mess that Des had left them in with his recruits, hence their plodder looking squads in recent seasons.

Kilkenny

Coach
What about Lindsay Smith, and Eddie Blacker?
It’s a huge call, but I think Lindsay Smith has a bit of Christian Welch about him. Late developer, tall, still growing, really good motor, needs to be persevered with. His time will come, good things come to those who wait.

Eddie Blacker I’m not quite so sure. I hope I’m wrong but I just didn’t see NRL in my limited viewings during the interrupted 2021 NSW cup season. He has the body I’m just not sure there is much else to go with it. Hope I’m wrong he is a specimen physique wise.

Kilkenny

Coach
If anyone has information around any pre Xmas trials for our junior sides let me know. I always enjoy watching the kids if I have nothing else happening and I understand there are some planned but I haven’t seen any confirmation.

Kilkenny

Coach
It would certainly add value to our roster if Eddie Blacker somehow displayed the sort of form to potentially make our top 17. From my limited viewings I’m not sure he has the skills or motor to do so, but 2022 is his chance, perhaps last chance, so hope he makes every post a winner.

The Realist

Juniors
I don't like it. I didn't like seeing Laurie in a Panthers Jersey either.

It's the new norm. Tribalism is dying a slow death in Rugby League.

If it does die, my personal interest in the game will be greatly diminished. I suspect many others would feel the same. I also think that it would kill the Panthers biggest competitive advantage and eventually the club itself as an NRL participant.

Fangs

Coach
If it does die, my personal interest in the game will be greatly diminished. I suspect many others would feel the same. I also think that it would kill the Panthers biggest competitive advantage and eventually the club itself as an NRL participant.

I don't think about it much but notice it all the time. It's happening in all sports. I'm not really sure about the impact.

Look at the English cricketers being so chummy despite being absolutely pulverised by Australia.

Latest posts