What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suspensions

Scarves

Juniors
I understand Luke Lewis lifted past the horizontal point but it ended without drama and the tackle was seriously only worth a warning. Does anyone else think this current points system is rubbing out players way too early.

It appears that it doesn't take much of an offence to reach 100 points, and 100 points = a suspension for a week. In times gone by a suspension was thrown at a dirty player, now we are throwing suspensions at misguided accidents and one off physical confrontations.

I think the point system should remain in place, with it's scaling system of careless tackles etc. But I think the point of suspension should be raised.

A suspension shouldn't be incurred because of accidental play where no one was hurt, or stupid acts where nothing serious happened (ie Jarryd Hayne headbut).

I think suspensions should be for repeat offenders (a little like how Stevie Matai received his suspension) or something serious like a Hopoate head high, a Danny Williams dog act punch, MG's elbow on Paul Hauff, you get the idea.

I reckon maybe the points for suspension should be raised to around 250 points, this way it controls the repeat offenders who are involved in repeat serious stuff, flat out dog acts or the absolutely one off serious acts that do deserve suspension.

I can't believe a career long clean type player such as Luke Lewis misses out on an Origin game for that lifting tackle, an origin game. What are we doing?

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
I think that the point system is fine, so is the judicury system. Its not perfect but no form of prosecution is.

But I think that Origins, Semi Finals, Preliminary Finals, Grand Finals, Tests and All Star matches, should require 200 points in order to miss out on a match.

I.e, if Hayne has 150 points on him, he can play Origin, but he will miss one club match. But if he had 200 points, he is suspended from Origins.

I think thats a fair way of keeping players on the field for the big matches.

Noa

First Grade
In a contact sport like League, yes 100 points is too low and no other sport makes it as easy for the people that pull the fans through the gates to miss games.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
I think that the point system is fine, so is the judicury system. Its not perfect but no form of prosecution is.

But I think that Origins, Semi Finals, Preliminary Finals, Grand Finals, Tests and All Star matches, should require 200 points in order to miss out on a match.

I.e, if Hayne has 150 points on him, he can play Origin, but he will miss one club match. But if he had 200 points, he is suspended from Origins.

I think thats a fair way of keeping players on the field for the big matches.

that would be logical but the judiciary has always had this thing that officially all games are worth the same - even trials :crazy:

luke lewis should change his name to jarryd hayne then he'd be untouchable.

petetheileet

First Grade
It is a bloddy joke that our 'star' players can have these intentional, grubby, dirty offences and get off scott free and a top stand up bloke like Lewis who has never even been to the juiciary can get rubbed out of origin for a tackle gone slightly wrong.

we are setting such a bad precedent!

Latest posts