What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Take this with a grain of salt but...

OVP

Coach
Wobbygong said:
One positive note for the Roosters is while they might be losing Soward they are more likely to retain Wing now regardless of what the ARU are doing.

Im a big Wing fan, but give me Soward anyday.

Father Ted

First Grade
Dave Q said:
He's got that good old fashioned jink and dash.

According to my sources- who never miss a game at Henson Park-on a good day, he makes Prince look like a rejected drunk.

He's crafty too.

A born again gap-finder and thats just what you lads need to set alight that backline afterburner.

How good is that young punk nightingale going?

Where the fug did you find this future Kangaroo?

St.George junior , eat your heart out Dave

JASON NIGHTINGALE
black_arrow.gif
DOB: 20 September 1986
black_arrow.gif
Starsign: Virgo
black_arrow.gif
Height (cm): 185cm
black_arrow.gif
Weight (kg): 88kg
black_arrow.gif
Nickname: Nighty :: STATISTICS :: 2007 Season Appearances Tries Goals Field Goals Points 1 1 - - 4
Current Club Career App Trs Gls F/G Pts App Trs Gls F/G Pts 1 1 - - 4 1 1 - - 4 Position Fullback Year Started with Dragons 2005 When does your contract with the Dragons end? 2007 2006 Club Dragons What age did you play your first league game? 7 Junior Club Renown United Which player did you most admire as a junior? Andrew Ettingshausen Which team did you support as a junior? St George Illawarra Dragons What other sports did you play as a child? Cricket, Basketball What was often written on your school report? Talks too much Toughest individual opponent? Shane Webcke Most admired opposition player? Jarred Mullen Toughest team to play against? Tamworth Monkey's Career highlight? Winning the 2005 Jersey Flegg Premiership Career Low? Getting concussed What's your goal for season 2007? To play first grade Who is the best player ever? Andrew Johns What's the best thing about being a rugby league player? Getting paid to do something you did for fun as a kid What do you enjoy doing outside football? Relaxing Who is the biggest influence on your career? Dad What is your dream job after football? Owning an Island Favourite TV show? Tripping Over Favourite movie? Old School If a film was made about your life who would play you? Someone Respectable You have just won a million dollars. How do you spend it? Buy a house, go on a holiday If you owned a racehorse what would you call it? Hot Tip Favourite food? Pizza Favourite holiday destination? Europe Proudest moment/achievement (non rugby league) Finishing High School Advice to young players? Train hard, listen to the advice of those who knowe .

ozzie

Bench
Wobbygong said:
Ozzie,

Mate it's very likely to happen, Canavan has confirmed they are considering releasing him. I would say O'Meley has put you blokes over the cap well and truly for next season.

The whole reason behind the MacDougall to be released story was so they could work Soward in. The story is Soward doesn't want to be a the roosters, so they're not stupid enough to keep someone who doesn't want to be there any longer.

Best thing is the Roosters will be paying for a part of his deal at the dragons.
Cavan was on 2ue and firmly denied that he had even discussed the situation with anyone - Hadley rang him and asked.

Buggered if we should let him go and pay some of his contract - you should pay the lot...funny that I have met Soward and said that his father wanted him to play and stay with the Roosters and I think you will find that's what what will happen - does shis pomise to his father go out the window since he died?

Wobbygong

First Grade
Ozzie you may be correct mate, personally I don't give a toss but clearly Soward and his manager obviously thought differently from what I heard in yesterday's interview with Ayoub and then again this morning.

Dave Q

Coach
Father Ted said:
St.George junior , eat your heart out Dave

JASON NIGHTINGALE
black_arrow.gif
DOB: 20 September 1986
black_arrow.gif
Starsign: Virgo
black_arrow.gif
Height (cm): 185cm
black_arrow.gif
Weight (kg): 88kg
black_arrow.gif
Nickname: Nighty :: STATISTICS :: 2007 Season Appearances Tries Goals Field Goals Points 1 1 - - 4
Current Club Career App Trs Gls F/G Pts App Trs Gls F/G Pts 1 1 - - 4 1 1 - - 4 Position Fullback Year Started with Dragons 2005 When does your contract with the Dragons end? 2007 2006 Club Dragons What age did you play your first league game? 7 Junior Club Renown United Which player did you most admire as a junior? Andrew Ettingshausen Which team did you support as a junior? St George Illawarra Dragons What other sports did you play as a child? Cricket, Basketball What was often written on your school report? Talks too much Toughest individual opponent? Shane Webcke Most admired opposition player? Jarred Mullen Toughest team to play against? Tamworth Monkey's Career highlight? Winning the 2005 Jersey Flegg Premiership Career Low? Getting concussed What's your goal for season 2007? To play first grade Who is the best player ever? Andrew Johns What's the best thing about being a rugby league player? Getting paid to do something you did for fun as a kid What do you enjoy doing outside football? Relaxing Who is the biggest influence on your career? Dad What is your dream job after football? Owning an Island Favourite TV show? Tripping Over Favourite movie? Old School If a film was made about your life who would play you? Someone Respectable You have just won a million dollars. How do you spend it? Buy a house, go on a holiday If you owned a racehorse what would you call it? Hot Tip Favourite food? Pizza Favourite holiday destination? Europe Proudest moment/achievement (non rugby league) Finishing High School Advice to young players? Train hard, listen to the advice of those who knowe .

IMO he's a great player with a stellar future.

Wobbygong

First Grade
Ozzie,

As usual you have no idea, he signed a two year contract yesterday morning, and even better that the Roosters are paying part of that deal for next year.

Johnny Bravo

Juniors
ozzie said:
Cavan was on 2ue and firmly denied that he had even discussed the situation with anyone - Hadley rang him and asked.

Buggered if we should let him go and pay some of his contract - you should pay the lot...funny that I have met Soward and said that his father wanted him to play and stay with the Roosters and I think you will find that's what what will happen - does shis pomise to his father go out the window since he died?
I think his father would roll in his grave after the treatment he's recieved at the club. What an idiotic comment.

I'm sure he'll go great at the Dragons.

Father Ted

First Grade
Steel Dragon said:
Its not like theres much of a standard at the Dragons that he has to live up to!

We have a lot of players to hide out next to the wingers these days .

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Dave Q said:
IMO he's better than Scott Prince.

Doustee magic was it?

He has to prove that, though.

I don't believe Doust is capable of any magic outside of voodoo as he's been causing pain to Saints supporters for 7 years now.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
ozzie said:
I have met Soward and said that his father wanted him to play and stay with the Roosters and I think you will find that's what what will happen - does shis pomise to his father go out the window since he died?
Just watched the replay on TV and according to Andrew Voss, Soward's dad was a passionate St George supporter.

Has Vossy got it wrong?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I imagine it was neccessary to do it that way... what with the cap and the Roosters kindly paying part of his salary.

_Johnsy

Referee
I dont want to get too excited too early, lets see how he goes for the remainder of 07, if he shows good form and consistency, then upgrade !!!!!!!!!!!! ASAP

Latest posts