What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Targets and retention.

Rabbit toes

First Grade
Been a bit quiet on here so I thought I'd get some opinions.
Who would be on your target and retention list.
I'd love to see Michael Morgan in Souths colours. Shift inglis to centre with Morgan at fullback.

Obviously we don't need all these guys and Morgan is personal dream pick but I'd be happy with any of these guys in our backline.

Gagai
Kahu
Feldt
Taufau
Bird
Whare

As for forwards, Hess should be on the top of the list along with Graham, woods, Matulino. Would also love to see Api Korisau back

But to fit new players who need to be cut? A lot of the younger recruits need time to be given a chance.
Fuimano
Jennings
Burns
Talakai (maybe off the bench
Tracey (unlucky)
After a full year of 1st grade squad or playing experience Madge and co will have a better idea of where these guy and others are.

Tyrell
Goodwin (purely age)
Rochow
Twins (on form tom is slightly improving)

Could all go, former premiship winners and servants to the game.

So who else is potentially a target and could be cut.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I think Rochow needs more of a chance! He played really well against the roosters plus he's not expensive like the twins.

Rabbit toes

First Grade
Thanks Diego

1st priority is AJ for me then Gray, hopefully Gray can recapture form from the end of last year.
Sutton for base wage perhaps, I think soon he could move to the bench for impact

callmack1

Staff member
I would like us to go hard for Aaron Woods and Jack Bird. I'd also take Walker back IF he's sported himself out.

rabbitohs95

Bench
My only definites to let go are Tyrrell and Nielsen.

On age I'd move on Goodwin and Sutton but we'd need to replace them with experienced players going into or already in their prime.

The rest I'd give a chance to prove themselves but I'd be inclined to tie up Alex Johnston and Aaron Gray.

DiegoNT

First Grade
Won't let me post the link, but zero tackle has a list of contracted players and who's off contract. Talaki and Turner are until 2019.

- I believe Kelly won't be here next year. He was signed as a late minute replacement for Connor Tracy and has so far done his job but is surplus to requirements

- Nielsen surely can't be re-signed

- alex Johnson will be intersting. Last time he resigned there was competing for him as a sought after fullback. He should have less leveredge this time around

- Goodwin and Suttons age has to factored in

-Dietz is a funny one. We have 2 hookers who are on 2 year deals, but after losing peats, api and Mcinnes in recent seasons it would suck to see a good young hooker go

- Gray definitely keep

- Grienke and Gosiwielksi you'd assume are on the cheaper end of the scale. Whether we keep or let them go won't have much effect I believe

- Cherington, Tyrrell, Rochow. I'd hold off any negotiations with these guys until later in the year. Maybe a better prop may be available and it may be worth letting one of these guys go. Maybe Tyrell will accept a tiny deal and in that case he'd be handy as a bears player you can call up in an emergencey. A wait and see approach should be taken

callmack1

Staff member
Out of all our off contract players, re sign Gray, AJ, possibly Cherrington (depending on how he goes this year).

Question marks on Goodwin and Sutto (purely because of age)

Let the others go.

Rabbit toes

First Grade
My only definites to let go are Tyrrell and Nielsen.

On age I'd move on Goodwin and Sutton but we'd need to replace them with experienced players going into or already in their prime.

The rest I'd give a chance to prove themselves but I'd be inclined to tie up Alex Johnston and Aaron Gray.

Someone like whare or Taufua would be good for he backline. Even peta hiku.

callmack1

Staff member
Out of all our off contract players, re sign Gray, AJ, possibly Cherrington (depending on how he goes this year).

Question marks on Goodwin and Sutto (purely because of age)

Let the others go.
Oh I forgot to say possibly keep Greinki and Gosiweski

Rabbit toes

First Grade
With all the players contracts AJ's is the one that will have plenty of clubs circling and driving his price up. Could come at the expense of another player, to help retain

DiegoNT

First Grade
Negotiations are never easy. We can say for example 'let's get rid AJ and Gray for Bird' we could spend months trying to lure bird, have him change mind last minute, lose aj and Gray and scramble to find last minute replacements. It's kinda how we ended up with Nielsen

Rabbits20

Immortal
Hold on this thread must be sent to the troll cave.

DKOR show your fairness and dump this thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You dumped my thread about this kind of thing. Double standards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm very unhappy you took it as I was trolling when I wasn't.

I should be allowed to copy and paste my sensible posts that you dumped into this thread as they make for good discussion.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Oh I forgot to say possibly keep Greinki and Gosiweski
This thread must be dumped!!!!!!!!

Mine was dumped on this kind of thing!!!!!!!!!!!

Double standards on this forum and favouritism has been shown and it's unacceptable!!!!

I await an apology from DKOR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rabbits20

Immortal
If I don't get a reply by tonight I shall start posting my views from the thread that was dumped.

It's only fair for me to get my say. After all we are entitled to our opinions aren't we DKOR!!!!!???????

It wasn't my fault Shadow de-railed my thread and then you punish me for it!!!! How is that fair?????? Should have deleted those posts and kept my sensible ones mate.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I'm quite unhappy at the moment alien and Callmack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish to add my views and I hope I can copy and paste them into this thread from my existing one!!!!!!!!!!

I think it's a big topic.

Talk later guys!!!!!!!!