What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team for 2007

JBW1983

Juniors
1. Anthony Minichiello
2. Amos Roberts
3. Joel Monaghan
4. Iosia Soliola
5. Sam Perrett
6. Braith Anasta
7. Josh Lewis
8. Anthony Tupou
9. Craig Wing
10. David Shillington
11. Nate Myles
12. Craig Fitzgibbon (c)
13. Chris Flannery

14. Heath L'estrange
15. Shane Shackleton
16. Setaimata Sa
17. Ashley Harrison

Is it just me, or do we need to sign at least one more quality outside back and one more bulky front rower??? (Assuming we are successful in signing Myles)

fillapop

Juniors
jamie soward has to be there somewhere.. possable bench??and vince mellers in stead of perrett would probs be better for the team...I forgot we had joel

We will go nowhere as long as Anasta is 5/8 he is a lock not a 5/8. We have an inexperienced half back also. But I would perservere with Josh as he is a better player then Jamie.

With the finals now not a real option for 2006 I would give Roberts a crack at the number 6 jersey. Have him play like Marshall and Campbell.

D

Deleted member 10972

Assuming that we don't buy anyone else:

1. Anthony Minichiello
2. Amos Roberts
3. Iosia Soliola
4. Joel Monaghan
5. Sam Perrett
6. Josh Lewis
7. Jamie Soward
8. Mickey Paea
9. Craig Wing
10. David Shillington
11. Nate Myles
12. Craig Fitzgibbon
13. Braith Anasta OR Ashley Harrison

14. Anthony Tupou
15. Chris Flannery
16. Shane Shackleton
17. Charlie Tonga

Adversly, you could play Anasta at 5-8, Lewis at halfback, with Harrison at lock, & drop Soward. You could play Myles at prop, Plum in backrow, & Paea instead of Tonga on the bench. You could play Flannery in the centres & Monaghan on the wing, with Anasta at lock, Harrison in for Flannery's bench spot, & drop Perrett. As for the arrangement of the backs, Mellars is an option for centre or wing, Monaghan can play wing, Foley can play a bit of both, Sa can play centre, Malcolm can play wing, Perrett can also play centre.

However, if we do pickup Jason Smith & Danny Nutley, Smith would slot into 6 (Lewis or Soward dropped - the remaining one playing at halfback), Nutley into 8 (Paea dropped to the bench, Tonga dropped to Jets). The team, though, doesn't need a new 5-8 like Smith, it needs a starting prop (Nutley would be perfect) & a fast outside back (Michael Crockett maybe?)

2 True Blues

Coach
Think the club would be crazy to let a player of the exceptional quality of SOWARD go. How long is he signed for !!??

Could do with another forward up front though. Though some of the forwards like LAFI MANUA have suffered injuries this season and not had the opportunity to show their stuff as a result.

Good to see Jets signing Vince MEL doing so well as well......

Will be good to see MONAGHAN on the field next season. Talented player who also due to injury did not have the chance to play one single game this season.

Nuffs

Bench
probably add Nutley to those line-ups

expected to sign with you guys in the next week. just finalising contract details

caylo

Bench
i doubt that forward pack... shillngton and myles are young dont expect much, they would play better with more experianced players around them. the 2006 team is beter on paper

Brycey

Juniors
JBW1983 said:
1. Anthony Minichiello
2. Amos Roberts
3. Joel Monaghan
4. Iosia Soliola
5. Sam Perrett
6. Braith Anasta
7. Josh Lewis
8. Anthony Tupou
9. Craig Wing
10. David Shillington
11. Nate Myles
12. Craig Fitzgibbon (c)
13. Chris Flannery

14. Heath L'estrange
15. Shane Shackleton
16. Setaimata Sa
17. Ashley Harrison

Is it just me, or do we need to sign at least one more quality outside back and one more bulky front rower??? (Assuming we are successful in signing Myles)
What the hell is a centre doing on the bench???

I'd move Monaghan to wing and put Sa in the centres.

Corbin

Juniors
Anyone putting Perrett over Mellars is a f**kwit.

Mellars has been one of our most consistent performers this year.

1. Anthony Minichiello
2. Amos Roberts
3. Joel Monaghan
4. Iosia Soliola
5. Vince Mellars
6. Josh Lewis
7. Jamie Soward
8. Nate Myles (unless Nutley signs...)
9. Craig Wing
10. David Shillington
11. Chris Flannery
12. Craig Fitzgibbon (c)
13. Braith Anasta

14. Heath L'estrange/John Doyle/Mitchell Pearce (can Pearce play hooker?)
15. Anthony Tupou
16. Setaimata Sa
17. Ashley Harrison

Desperately need a front rower big time.

2 True Blues

Coach
And am glad that the Jets by signing him have been able to give something back to the Roosters in return as well. He has been VERY good I reckon and answered the injury call with flying colours. The partnership has been good I reckon btw the clubs for the first year. It has just been a VERY unlucky season for injuries and suspension for the Roosters all in all. Injuries have played a major part this season in first grade, and made it difficult for Ricky to get a roll on and some consistantcy with the side......

sixtynine

Juniors
sanchez moreno said:
Maybe shane elford would be a good signing, decent player an experienced

Oh yeah awesome so he can change his mind at the last second and stay wif the tigers haha poor souths lost him cause wests won the comp:sarcasm:

Latest posts