What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team for Mackay Trial V Cowboys

Poss

Juniors
SHARKS vs COWBOYS
Date: Saturday, 19th February 2005
Time: 7pm
Venue: Mackay Showgrounds
Tickets: Mackay Entertainment Centre (07 4957 1777) or www.mackayentertainment.com.au

Ticket Prices: Adults $25, High School Children $15, Primary School Children $5, Pensioners $15

TEAM LIST

1 David Peachey
2 Luke Covell
3 Vince Mellars
4 Nigel Vagana
5 Paul Mellor
6 Adam Dykes
7 Brett Kimmorley
8 Jason Stevens
9 Michael Sullivan
10 Danny Nutley
11 Andrew Lomu
12 Phil Bailey
13 Paul Gallen

14 Hutch Maiava
15 Greg Bird
16 Matt Hilder
17 Sam Isemonger
18 Keith Galloway
19 Ryan McGoldrick
20 Russell Aitken

21 Reece Williams
22 Daniel Dumas
23 David Simmons

Poss

Juniors
I'd rather Hilder start and Sully off the bench after 20 personally. Hilder gets through massive amounts of defence

coolumsharkie

Referee
Thats a good side on paper...

Interesting how SR has put the pressure back on the "regular" starters..

Covells the only NEW starter from last week!!

Ima's mate on the wing is missing as well!!!

Macca

Coach
I hate reading into things but that looks like SR's top 13 to me. The bench is probably not quite sorted yet but I think we are looking at only 1 or 2 changes.

Raper is still experimenting.
That is the beauty of trials.
You can try a few things out and if it doesn't work no damage done.

Covell getting another run hints to me that Raper is seriously considering giving him a wing berth for Round 1.

Disappointing to see none of the Newtown boys getting another hit out.
But Raper has to look at everyone.
I hope at least Philip Leuleuai gets another shot at Express Advocate stadium against the Knights.

Mellars and Mellor add size for the backline.

Sullivan starting at hooker has been done before.
I think its better for him to play 60mins instead of 80 to keep a spring in his step. But last season we struggled in that area until he came on so its hard to know whats best for the team.

Macca

Coach
I disagree DS. I think Raper is going to use the next 2 trials to form combinations. He was dirty last year because we didn't hit the ground running and blamed it on our soft pre season. I think the next 2 trial sides are going to be very close to that of round 1.

Yeah could be right there McSharkie.
And if some people don't shape up for this game like he wants then he'll look back at the Parra game to see who gets a look in.

I'd be surprised though if Philip Leuleuai wasn't in the Round 1 squad somewhere, and he's not going to Mackay.
So I don't think it's a closed shop yet.
Far from it.

Craigshark

First Grade
I would much prefer to see Hilder starting in the number 9 and Sullivan coming on for the impact.. He is like a weapon..
I would also have McGoldrick playing ahead of Mellars..
Its only a trial though, so trying things wont hurt..
I agree with McSharkie though, this does look like the side which will be picked round 1..

Booyah

Bench
I would also like to see Hilder start ahead of Sully. I'd actually like to have them both on the field at the same time with Hilder somewhere in the Backrow but it doesn't look at though that will happen just yet.

Nonetheless that's a pretty strong looking team. I'm a tad disappointed Stosic and Leuleuai didn't at least make the bench though. From all reports both had pretty strong games last week.

Latest posts