What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team list Tuesday Rd 12 v South’s Saturday 25 May

King-Gutho94

Coach
It will be genuine clown show out there on Saturday night with the halves trying to organise shit.

You have Walker and wighton in the halves for souths and Brown and Asi for us.

Gronk

Staff member
I don't think that will be team named come Saturday night.

Trent has had to name a team in 24 hours without really having a proper chance to process and think about what to do.

He has the week at training to observe and make changes.

I suspect there may be two come Saturday.
Stop making sense, let people have a rant FFS.

Gronk

Staff member
It will be genuine clown show out there on Saturday night with the halves trying to organise shit.

I would be more worried about that Alex J edge.

Gronk

Staff member
Surely you at least swap Lussick with Hands and Sanders for Asi. f**k, I’d even bring in Harper, move Russell to wing and piss off Sivo.

I also have a sneaking suspicion Lane drops off or goes to the bench for Cartwright.

I simply can’t see Barrett trotting out the team as named. It’s not as if Sunday was a one-off. These same merkins have been getting flogged consistently.
Asi has been in great form in reggies and has points in him. Plays were getting bogged down with Sanders when he was up. What is the compelling reason to pick Sanders really ?

Soto

Bench
That's Pou that team. Same blokes who weren't delivering are kept...and Moretti goes to #22. Yet lane, kelma, makatoa Lussick,.sivo remain....sack barrett

Glenn

First Grade
He's been at the club and every training session for 18 months, he didnt just walk in the door.

So either he has the exact same unwaivering opinion of all our nupty players at BA did, or he's an idiot.
Yes

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
If you are telling me Lane and Lussick deserve to be in our 17 you haven't been watching us play much footy this season my dude. If you are suggesting they have been tanking just to get BA sacked then they are real low merkins and should be out of the club regardless.
I actually think their effort has been good. Lane has been far less effective but I don't see it as a lack of effort. It's likely due to age and the absence of Moses. His combination with Drown just isn't there at the moment.

As for Lussick, I don't have a problem with his effort either. He is obviously the cheapest starting dummy half in the NRL, and he lacks mobility, but he tries hard and he doesn't miss many tackles. It would be nice to have a better hooker but he's the best one we've got. Whoever was playing there would be isolated far too often by our pack.
Sivo extremely lucky we literally have no other outside backs to bring in.
Yeah he's fallen off a cliff. Still scored seven tries in five games. With open field in front of him he is quicker than he looks. With a wall of forwards in front of him he looks like he is trying to preserve his good looks.
Matto and Junior both terribly out of form but on pedigree I'd be willing to see how they go under Barrett.
I agree they have been poor, and the biggest disappointments for mine. Even more than Sivo. There would be more than 10% of our cap tied up in those two.

Gherkin

Juniors
I don't think that will be team named come Saturday night.

Trent has had to name a team in 24 hours without really having a proper chance to process and think about what to do.

He has the week at training to observe and make changes.

I suspect there may be two come Saturday.
It’s not like he’s new to the club. He’s familiar with the players and has been observing them all year

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

Two five eighths is a legitimate attacking structure. Bellamy uses it at the Storm.

Zoso

Juniors
It’s not like he’s new to the club. He’s familiar with the players and has been observing them all year
It’s more of a case of looking at attitude and effort in response to this week rather than not knowing what they’re capable of.

Wally21

Bench
These are our best available players. That's why they've been in the team most weeks. If they've been playing poorly because of the coach then they should start playing better. They at least have the chance to show it now, against a fellow struggler.
Lussick isn’t anywhere near the best player available.

lingard

Coach
Nothing changes
I don't mind those selections. I'm more interested in what Barrett does with our style of play, tactics, and motivation than I am with which players he picks. These guys might perform better for him, with some fresh ideas. Hope so, anyway. I reckon we win this game well.

Latest posts