What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team next week vs Panthers

Snoop Shark

First Grade
I guess the only positive to come from all this is guys like Dillon, Sorenson, Williams and Uele have a chance to cement a bench spot once we are at full strength. Puts a bit more pressure on Capes, Ava and the man with no position Paulo

Surely

Post Whore
So based on your logic if Tommy Turbo was in our squad you would prefer Val to play fullback over him?

Running meters looks great on paper but it’s not to be all and end all. General game play intelligence, especially for fullbacks, is paramount. Tommy Turbo and Billy slater proves this.

No I wouldn't that's why I said show me where Dugan's fullback game is better

As it stands we have moylen Dugan or Holmes

I thinks Holmes is the best of them

If we had Tommy he would be fullback

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I heard Quigs is so old he wears two brassieres, one for his chest, one for his chin..

Could be rumours. Heard he smells like cat vomit too, just saying.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
As for Paulo, great interchange, every time we play 80 minutes and he is there we will lose.

Omnishark2

Juniors
Defence. Positioning. Communication. Support play.

Basically a lot of the things fullbacks need to do.

Dugan's positioning & anticipation in defence is excellent - Val's is abysmal.
Dugan can organise the defensive line in front of him - Val couldn't organise the proverbial.
Dugan puts his body on the line to stop the ball - Val dogs it & holds back.
Dugan is rock solid under the high ball - Val not so much.
Dugan gives 100% every game - Val, well ...
Dugan can actually make a line break on his own - Val is best finishing off what others create (and is great at it).

It was obvious before the season started that our best combination was Dugan at 1, Moylan at 6, Val on the wing.

Every game since then has just proven this.
How long will it take for the penny to drop for Flanno ?