What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Manly

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Lussick stayed on his feet to attempt a charge down and in fact the footage suggests Ilias was barely off the ground himself, if at all. I understood the big markers for foul play in these situations were broadly speaking (a) you hit a guy who's off the ground, putting him in a dangerous position, or (b) you dive in at the legs while he's kicking, risking a leg injury.

I guess on a strict interpretation, if you are attempting a charge down in any way then the onus is on you to not make any contact at all with the legs. That makes it a technical offence without much aggravation, not a severe offence.

If Lussick was attempting a tackle and not a charge down, Ilias could potentially have suffered the exact same injury without there being any offence. It sounds cold-blooded, but surely the main risk factor for injury in this situation was Ilias trying to kick the ball with a defender right on top of him? Obviously anyone who swings their leg into the path of a defender who's clearly coming into contact is at risk of his leg colliding with the defender, or am I missing something?

Meth

Staff member
So, I'd go-

1- Nicoll-Klokstad
2- Watene-Zelezniak
3- Berry
4- Tuivasa-Sheck
5- Montoya
6- Martin
7- Johnson
8- Fonua-Blake
9- Egan
10- Barnett
11- Ford
12- Capewell
13- Harris

Res- Ale, Maiu'u, Tevaga, Harris-Tavita

So, I'd go-

1- Nicoll-Klokstad
2- Watene-Zelezniak
3- Berry
4- Tuivasa-Sheck
5- Montoya
6- Martin
7- Johnson
8- Fonua-Blake
9- Egan
10- Barnett
11- Ford
12- Capewell
13- Harris

Res- Ale, Maiu'u, Tevaga, Harris-Tavita
That looks the goods... other than Metcalf that's probably the starting 13 Webby had in mind after the trials.

You dont think Laban will get another run on the bench though? I thought he was solid on debut.

Meth

Staff member
That looks the goods... other than Metcalf that's probably the starting 13 Webby had in mind after the trials.

You dont think Laban will get another run on the bench though? I thought he was solid on debut.

I think he was a straight swap for Capewell and now they're eying Ford and Capewell playing big minutes with cover from Barnett.

I think he was a straight swap for Capewell and now they're eying Ford and Capewell playing big minutes with cover from Barnett.
Oh yea I get that. I'm more thinking Laban, IMO, did enough to keep his bench spot as opposed to losing it to another debutante in Maiu'u.

hitro

Juniors
Team looks great but where has Niukore gone, hopefully a typo and instead of Jazz they mean Marata

nswarrior

Juniors
That’s close to if not the best starting 13 we have.

However the bench doesn’t look great - lacking impact. I am worried about Jazz, poor guy needs to earn a new contract somewhere and is trying too hard. When he tries too hard he makes mistakes and gives away penalties.

Niukore is out until round 14 but there is no clear news on Walker, he has great impact

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
The other mob

T Trbojevic
Talau
Koula
B Trbojevic
Paulo
Brooks
Cherry-Evans
Paseka
Aloiai
Olakau’atu
Waddell
J Trbojevic

Lawton
Bullemore
Sipley
Brown

Arthur
Woods
Parker
Vaega
Chan Kum Tong

Rich102

Staff member
Looks like the heavy rain may pass but there should still be a strong wind.

Latest posts