What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team V Panthers

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
CNk at 6 is interesting, hopefully it indicates they might consider playing RTS there at some point when he’s fit.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
...except Kosi not being dropped
He is dropped, and honestly, surely, someone needs to tell him to find a full length mirror and look into it real hard and be honest about what he sees.

That might be the end of his NRL career, at 25. He hadn't played a 'bonafide' NRL game since Round 10 last year (played the Dolphins in the final round when we rested a bunch for finals). And he gets an opportunity - undeserved, from those who watch NSW Cup - and puts in one of those most feeble, half-arsed efforts you'd ever see. If he'd tried, actually chased hard, and made an effort, I reckon he'd be playing this week. But Webster had no choice but to drop him. Why would he pick him again? Why would anyone be interested in a guy who can't be f**ked chasing? Just incredible.

He is dropped, and honestly, surely, someone needs to tell him to find a full length mirror and look into it real hard and be honest about what he sees.

That might be the end of his NRL career, at 25. He hadn't played a 'bonafide' NRL game since Round 10 last year (played the Dolphins in the final round when we rested a bunch for finals). And he gets an opportunity - undeserved, from those who watch NSW Cup - and puts in one of those most feeble, half-arsed efforts you'd ever see. If he'd tried, actually chased hard, and made an effort, I reckon he'd be playing this week. But Webster had no choice but to drop him. Why would he pick him again? Why would anyone be interested in a guy who can't be f**ked chasing? Just incredible.
100 friggen %

Yep, he shouldn't be sighted again. I can't remember a more disgraceful FG effort. And wasn't that a knock on him from a game last year, too?
Anzac game v Storm 2022.
As much as I hate Matt lodge, I felt so sorry for him having to chase all those kick offs to have the Storm forwards run 100 miles an hour at him for lodge to put his body on the line to stop them and then watch kosi let them through 3 tackles later to repeat the kickoff process. I think we lost 74-12

SpaceMonkey

Immortal

I was one of the people who was prepared to cut him some slack after the lame effort against the Storm a few seasons back. He was young, over-awed and had pretty much been promoted from park footy to the NRL. But that was 2-3 seasons ago, he’s been a professional that whole time and if he hasn’t developed a professional attitude by now he can go elsewhere.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I was one of the people who was prepared to cut him some slack after the lame effort against the Storm a few seasons back. He was young, over-awed and had pretty much been promoted from park footy to the NRL. But that was 2-3 seasons ago, he’s been a professional that whole time and if he hasn’t developed a professional attitude by now he can go elsewhere.
Totally. Once is OK, twice it's almost a permanent character flaw. Bog average wingers grow on trees, we certainly don't need him. I'm even perplexed as I type this how he could get it so horribly wrong

CNk at 6 is interesting, hopefully it indicates they might consider playing RTS there at some point when he’s fit.
CNK at 6 is a big WTF moment for me.
We really have no one who can step up from NSW Cup for a week?
Team held together with duct tape and rubber bands!

Reactions: JJ

Leber

Bench
TT played in the halves when he was a rookie. Only started at fullback when he went to burleigh.

CNK on the other hand has never played in the halves to my knowledge. I womnder if Webster considered giving Farr a go.

JJ

Immortal
Be interesting to see who actually out…

Been a quiet fan of Webster and what he’s achieved, but his reluctance to change strategy or lineups in the face of evidence is troubling, then full genius moves like last week and probably this is just weird

Don’t see how it can work, but Welser. Question over Luai leading a team too, but he’s torn us to shreds before…